Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31

Author Topic: Corruption RPG (Registration) [6/10 Slot]  (Read 28299 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption RPG (Registration)
« Reply #135 on: March 18, 2020, 06:23:02 pm »

I think maybe I broke the GM by preparing a character who had a skillset that could ruin the mission from a gameplay perspective; being both able to light the tower remotely and an ability to see through what the GM claimed to be the in-universe explanation for why it wouldn't work.

Or maybe there's some other reason that the GM didn't explain?

the world doesnt just revolve around you ya know, There are other list of variable that need to take account for the mission to become completely obsolete but i just decided not to think about them cuz is too complicated later and its going to return to another book sims or visual novel sims

why didnt bori nuke everything?
why didnt jonas goes to mech suit by himself and face them first?
why didnt aetihyrion fly?
why didnt shara go to the tower by herself considering she's too small for the lockjaws to care anyway?
why didnt DrZ go to the tower by himself considering he's undead like them which means he has the U word pass... or whatever that is

I just dont think about it that much.
I thought we could converse in the thread, unless you rather it be quiet? It is fine if you don’t think about it. I was joining Mona’s conversation. I should have started my own but I am bad at thinking of subjects

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 18, 2020, 06:24:19 pm »

Part of the point of a GM is to consider what should really happen and give the players different options.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 18, 2020, 07:04:36 pm »

Part of the point of a GM is to consider what should really happen and give the players different options.

You read all the books mona read?
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 18, 2020, 07:06:24 pm »

The GM appears to be annoyed, and is honestly doing a very good job overall despite being weird about answering that one particular question about truesight. So I think we should cut Mahoroty some slack this time. Advisor Hope on the other hand, may be in for an awkward conversation.

As for the book thing, the first half of that was what it looked like when I was trying to get an upgrade for my analysis ability. Wasn't expecting to be able to actually read like that.

New topic: Advisor Hope. My hypothesis is that she is totally an undead.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 18, 2020, 07:15:04 pm »

The GM appears to be annoyed, and is honestly doing a very good job overall despite being weird about answering that one particular question about truesight. So I think we should cut Mahoroty some slack this time. Advisor Hope on the other hand, may be in for an awkward conversation.

As for the book thing, the first half of that was what it looked like when I was trying to get an upgrade for my analysis ability. Wasn't expecting to be able to actually read like that.

New topic: Advisor Hope. My hypothesis is that she is totally an undead.
i agree that the GM is doing a wonderful job, about Hope, if she was undead, wouldn’t the Lockjaws leave her be?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 18, 2020, 07:18:31 pm »

I think she just needed the intelligent 7 day lockjaw to be distracted. Also, I did not know that undead would be ignored until the GM mentioned that in a recent post here.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 18, 2020, 07:40:18 pm »

I think she just needed the intelligent 7 day lockjaw to be distracted. Also, I did not know that undead would be ignored until the GM mentioned that in a recent post here.

great now mona is going to be part undead part vampire part werewolf part

Also if you guys really want it, i can make another phase like to strategize or something, Strategy phase

but stand by phase like the last time will be reduced. Im not gonna lie, i'm not a fan of visual novel where u run around the town inspecting stuff y'know? I mean i'm just a dude tryna have fun making rpg where u fight monster and stuff.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2020, 07:45:34 pm »

I kept my standby objective focused, the objective is to receive upgrades, train or get equipment, I acted according,y

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 18, 2020, 08:22:55 pm »

I'll try to be a bit less crazy on the next standby phase. I do like the strategy phase idea though. Not sure what you're talking about being half undead/vampire/werewolf. Vampires are a type of undead already so the undead part seems redundant.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2020, 08:32:54 pm »

I don’t know if a strategy phase makes sense, hungry creatures will not wait for their prey to think of a plan

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2020, 08:41:40 pm »

Also if you guys really want it, i can make another phase like to strategize or something, Strategy phase

but stand by phase like the last time will be reduced. Im not gonna lie, i'm not a fan of visual novel where u run around the town inspecting stuff y'know? I mean i'm just a dude tryna have fun making rpg where u fight monster and stuff.

Eh. Strategy phases can end up with one or two people making a plan and then everyone else following it. That effectively makes those one or two people the only ones actually playing the game :V. Its much more fun for everyone to chaotically do whatever.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2020, 08:47:12 pm »

Eh. Strategy phases can end up with one or two people making a plan and then everyone else following it. That effectively makes those one or two people the only ones actually playing the game :V. Its much more fun for everyone to chaotically do whatever.

I agree! Have participated in a lot of "multiplayer co-op strategy" games and they often turn out exactly like that, not very interesting for everyone involved.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 18, 2020, 09:00:57 pm »

agreed
let chaos take root

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 19, 2020, 07:37:13 am »

How much would you guys be interested in discord?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 19, 2020, 11:26:44 am »

I am a big fan of chaos in general.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31