00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252028 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #2790 on: April 25, 2020, 12:04:52 am »

Wow... anything that moves that fast is a potent weapon, I would think.

"Child, you performed amazingly. Thank you. Please, you have done nothing wrong, and you have more than earned a rest. Is there anything I can do for your injuries?"
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 12:07:42 am by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: April 25, 2020, 12:13:01 am »

"I will go and translate for the Crusaders, to assist with the evacuation. Thank you for your concern and acceptance, but I am fine. As one of your...allies? Council? I was given good treatment from the Thorntons."

There are craft in production that travel point ninety-nine the speed of light. Civilized planets have defensive measures in place for that. Defense grid shields, in space inhibitors on engines, so on. The Empyreal navy cracks down hard on relativistic weapons. The punishment is worse than death. Even pirates never use them -- there isn't much loot if the planet is ripped in half.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: April 25, 2020, 12:18:42 am »

A speck of dust would have the explosive force of a metric ton of TNT at 50% of the speed of light...

"Thank you, Iyal. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know."

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: April 25, 2020, 12:25:40 am »

It would. Isn't there something a scientist once said concerning that? 'I am become death, destroyer of worlds.'

Iyal dips her head in a tight bow, rising to her feet and leaving you in the compartment. You consider assisting with the evacuation, with helping, maybe giving a rousing speech.

[10 vs 6] You decide to go to back to bed with Emma, cuddling up to her in the dark. She murmurs sleepily, and drifts back under while you sit quietly. Eventually, the ship you're on rises up, starting a northward acceleration.

Maybe we could launch a projectile from that ship, to Plague controlled territories. Planet cracking isn't against the law against the Plague...but I don't think there's an entity alive that can do the mathematics for that. Not here.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 12:28:45 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: April 25, 2020, 12:31:15 am »

It sounds like the sort of thing that could horrendously backfire. It is strange that there are no computers here.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: April 25, 2020, 12:38:41 am »

We should have asked those bastards why that is. Too late now, I guess. You feel antsy sitting for so long, rising to your feet and stepping out the door, down the cramped compartments of the vehicle. You step into the backroom. You breath out, biting down on the edge of the coat.

[1] You activate a healing surge, letting the energies flow around your arm.

Nothing happens. You try again. And again. And again, starting to panic as nothing happens.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: April 25, 2020, 12:44:54 am »

[Lucille, why am I having trouble regenerating my arm?]

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: April 25, 2020, 12:47:54 am »

You rush to get the glove, slipping it on, desperate for answers. You repeat your query when you activate her.

[Regeneration is tied to how one views one self. A baseline is established, allowing one to return to that template. Diagnostics show that you are according to your baseline, Pheobe.]

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: April 25, 2020, 12:53:14 am »

...uh-oh.

Don't regenerate.  Instead, use our will to reconstruct the arm manually.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 01:48:01 am by ZBridges »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: April 25, 2020, 01:47:04 am »

You should worry about that later, you can not afford to black out for 2 months again.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: April 25, 2020, 01:47:41 am »

Yeah that's a good point.  I was panicking.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: April 25, 2020, 03:15:37 am »

You're right. I can fix it later, when I'm stronger.

The ship slows down and begins to descend until it clamps down into the loading bay with a rattle that awakens Emma. She starts, looking all around until she catches sight of you.

She dresses, stifling a yawn, and the two of you exit the Hovercraft. You emerge in the landing bay for the great cargo hovercraft. The structure is something similar to concrete. It shares the dull gray color, but bares no sign of wear or tear for a structure supposedly five hundred years old. The room is pitch black, and a team of technicians lead by a Child of SEED hurries away from the ships with lanterns in hand. You, meanwhile, drift towards the only patch of light you can see.

After a bit of a walk, you emerge into the smaller landing pads of the hovercraft bay-- and the view takes your breath away. The structure is built into the peak of the mountain. The clouds here are bright and patchy -- so close you think you could touch them. Snow crowns the walls and revealed ramparts of the Fortress, a white topping upon the rust-colored rock, falling gently from the starlit sky. The Fortress sprawls below and in, no doubt, coring through this monsterous mountain.

But what amazes you is the world below. While the peak probably has the best views-- the pad juts out from it southward, towards the crater plains of the City-State. It's so high up you can see the curvature of the planet.

You can also still see the dust cloud in the distance of what remained of the Holy City.

Emma gasps beside you, and you glance over with a small smile. She draws closer, looking up at how many stars shine in the sky. You join her-- here, away from the light pollution of SEED, away from the smog and the world, you see it. A bright multi-hued line of stars in the night sky, cutting through the void. The two of you stand quietly, together, away from it all.

There's much to do, but for the moment, you are at a lost at what to start with.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 03:22:20 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: April 25, 2020, 07:16:25 am »

A small creature scuttles out from the inner workings, a cube within its grasp. You take hold of it, slipping into your duffle bag. "[Keep this safe. Do not let it fall into Infected hands, no matter the cost.]"
We should look at this thing and see why its so important, if we're lucky it's some kind of hard drive that has schematics for all the forbidden tech stuff.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: April 25, 2020, 07:22:45 am »

((For status, isn’t it Phoebe AKA Phoenix now? Or is this the names people call us?))

Check the algae growing stations and other food production areas to figure out if they are producing enough food for everyone

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: April 25, 2020, 11:15:49 am »

The Blessed One said:
I am Time (Death), cause of destruction of the worlds, matured
    And set out to gather in the worlds here.
Even without thee (thy action), all shall cease to exist,
    The warriors that are drawn up in the opposing ranks.

From the Bhagavad Gita: "The Song of God". The boast of a deity! The physicist Oppenheimer called its words to mind, dwelling on the power of atomic fire. A Terran.

Now... let us take solace in this moment, hm? A quiet moment in troubled times.

Lean in a bit. "Was this in any of your futures?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 381