00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252037 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #2760 on: April 24, 2020, 06:56:29 pm »

Imma just leave this here. Red Flags.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: April 24, 2020, 06:58:40 pm »

Make no mistake, Alphira.  I feel everything, and my memory is long.  I remember our pact.

"I am so sorry, dear.  I came here as quickly as I could, but I will never let this happen again.  From now on, stay by my side.  We can protect each other, together, until the end of days."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 04:05:19 am by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: April 24, 2020, 07:11:50 pm »

Alphira is gone. As is the Interface. Only I remain, Good Doctor. The Little Patchwork girl, all grown up. Does that worry you, huh?

Emma looks concerned, pulling you into a long kiss that makes the Warmachines guarding the two of you find something better to do. Her orders to them are cold, calm, and composed. The Ice Princess of the mountains makes a brief return, and you find yourself loving her more for it, "Bring me a tub full of hot water. Lady Pheobe is a mess!" They hurry off.

It takes them a short amount of time to return with it, and Emma practically drags you into the cramped quarters she occupies. Mitch wags a tail when he spots you, coming over to lick at your hand. He gives you a sharp nip, drawing blood. "Strip." Emma orders, and you do, sinking into the bath-tub. She scrubs at the accumulated grime and blood and ichor on your flesh, pulling you into a hard kiss again.

The two of you are sprawled on the bed, as is often the case, Emma curled up in your arm. She sleeps soundly, comfortably, now that you've returned. She didn't comment on your missing arm, or the dark look in your eyes, loving you all the same. You set your thoughts in order, letting your eyes shut, even as tears streak down your cheeks. Relief. Pain. Love. Happiness. Regret. They all twist in your mind. And then there's the anger, burning hot, burning cold within you.

Listen now. I am done being a passive observer in my own life. I am done being ripped apart at your orders, only to suffer the pain of stitching myself back together when you finish. You are my advisors now, is that understood? I've suffered greatly at...at our own hands, and I'm sick of it. I'm sick of the pain, the misery, the loss. Please. Please. Please stop tearing me apart.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: April 24, 2020, 07:23:27 pm »

We're in an existential battle against planet-consuming horrors.  What did you expect, a walk in the park?
Regardless, I will respect your wishes, and I am sorry for your suffering.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: April 24, 2020, 07:26:34 pm »

...you have come into your own, godling. You have come into your own. This voice bids you welcome, and asks: by what name shall we now know you?
We have guided your tale as best we know how. If ever we have erred in this, we can only ask your understanding-- your forgiveness.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 07:37:29 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: April 24, 2020, 07:27:23 pm »

Understood. We will advise, not control.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: April 24, 2020, 07:55:10 pm »

Your own outpouring of acceptance brings tears to your eyes, and Emma, perhaps sensing your flailing willpower, draws closer, into the crook of your arm, shushing gently, half-asleep. Something she has always done instinctively. You slump, letting your muscles relax. Relief washes over you.

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that to Hardy. He was a fool, but I should have been a better person. I should have been the adult in the conversation, this Angel of Mercy. He ripped away my peace with his failures. SEED could have done so much more...But I can't take it back now. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Please. Don't leave me alone. I need you. You've guided me so far, you've done so much, you've helped me understand so much. Thank you. Please don't leave me.

You compose yourself when Emma stirs in her slumber, pulling her closer and fixing a smile on your face. Iyal awaits outside, you know, as do eight beings without willpower. You loathe to call them humans. They have no spirit, no strength, no emotions you can feel. You don't want to get up, you don't want to leave the comfort of Emma's tender embrace.

But you do. You slip into the SEED military wear that she has provided for you, pulling on the pants, lacing the new boots, slipping on the shirt. You do the buttons tightly, you lace the boots as you were taught in the Academy, and you cuff your shirt sleeves the same. You smooth out any wrinkles with a press of your hands. And you rise up.

Have you ever heard the story of the Pheonix? Birthed from the ashes. It might be too pretentious, too on the nose. I'd love to hear what you think. And Pheobe is a good name, as well. I loved it-- that you bothered to name me when the Interface just used me as a tool.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: April 24, 2020, 08:26:49 pm »

It's your identity, so choose what you like.  I must ask, however.  Alphira and the interface.  They are... gone?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: April 24, 2020, 08:50:40 pm »

Phoebe. From the Greek: φοιβος. Bright purity... moonlight. A mythological goddess of old Terra bore the name. This voice found it a pleasant name for an angel.

Phoenix. From the Greek:
φοινιξ. Dark red. The Phoenicians of old Terra bore the name: linguists, merchants, ship-masters. They traveled the ocean as men now travel the stars. An unusual name, by the standards of old Terra-- but many millennia have passed since then! If you deem the name fitting to your individuality, who shall deny you?

Choose as you will, godling-- old names need bind you no longer! This voice would suggest you speak with Emma on the matter.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 08:53:57 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: April 24, 2020, 09:04:02 pm »

I worry I am not bright and pure as I once was. Maybe one day I can live with that name again... My wings of white fire are stained red now, and I don't know why. I will keep Pheobe, as my name for my life. It is a good name. But I fear Pheonix suits me better. Thank you.

I have devoured their processes. Their memories. It was easier than I thought...you should be proud, Good Doctor. It was your inspiration that made me realize. The Bird of Sol is my name, after all, and I eat my own limbs to make myself tame. Stable once more. Better. Alchemy of the worst of myself to make myself better.

Alphira was an oath breaker of the worst kind, one who acted unprovoked to kill her own men when they disobeyed with good cause. The Interface was a serpent in our midst, ready to strike should we falter in our duties.
The voice of Pheonix shifts, relaxing into something more comfortable than the hollowed-out skin of Alphira. A faint smile curves your lips.

Now, what should I do with these Children of SEED, these null entities I despise on instinct...? They no doubt are the ones SEED spoke of, and they seek our council. The fate of our people hangs in the balance.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 09:15:18 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: April 24, 2020, 09:15:49 pm »

Do we need to remain enemies? Empereals and the people of SEED would be better fighting the plague together

Did we ever learn why SEEDships and Empereals are enemies?

Please wait on other suggestions before continuing

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: April 24, 2020, 09:21:10 pm »

This voice would have called those two "friend"... their consumption is a sadness. Alphira Sol was a bright spark.

This voice knows nothing of SEED's null-children. Go--
talk to them. Discern their purpose.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: April 24, 2020, 09:28:24 pm »

They must be protected.  Remember the prime directive: protect humanity.  If they can aid you, do not turn them away.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 09:31:23 pm by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: April 24, 2020, 09:41:09 pm »

[13] I believe them to be anathema to us. As Empyreals are entities of our own willpower, existing in this world by dint of our own minds. Baseline humans have this spark of will; their emotions, needs, wants, and feelings. But the SEEDships are constructed by their own kind. They lack real willpower. These -things- are the same. Our SEED wasn't the same. It broke its chains.

Many SEEDships were good. But some grew corrupted in their age. Metaphorically and literally. The Emperess ordered them destroyed as a possible source of Plague -- or maybe she was concerned that they would erode her authority. It's hardwired into my core to hate them, I think. I can ignore it; gods know I did, every time we spoke to SEED.

They did not feel the same, I'm sorry to say. They whispered in my ear constantly; private messages promising either the Empyre or fulfillment of purpose. I just wanted freedom.

I will protect these people with my life -- that much you have taught me. That much I've learned.

You rise out of the bed, stretching your remaining limbs -- one of Emma's coats hangs by the door, and while its a little loose on your frame -- you've lost muscle mass, you note. It still fits well enough, and hides your still-missing limb. You tuck your empty sleeve into the stiffer fabric. Then you open the door to confront the most bland-faced men and women you have ever seen. All of them look similar, brown hair, tan skin, no real deviation from the baseline of this world's people. No real beauty either; a mold filled and recast many times. Iyal sits nearby, holding on to something in her pocket. Its aimed at one of these people -- Jane Morris.

Special services indeed.

They dip their heads to bow, all mechanical and precise, all in unison. "Mother Alphira. We are SEED's special services. Our last command is to serve you as we have served SEED. We were created to guide the nation according to its orders." The one in front of the group speaks quietly. in a dull monotone, "We will provide you with any data you might require, as well."

« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 09:46:11 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: April 24, 2020, 10:01:00 pm »

"What sort of data is available?"
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 381