00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252161 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #2700 on: April 23, 2020, 09:24:05 pm »

Right.

Consume an arm. Once we've our strength back, sprout wings and book it for the Holy City, keeping as high in the air as ever we can. Stealth and speed.

This.
i still think we should take out the last reactor before leaving

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: April 23, 2020, 09:27:56 pm »

We've pushed ourselves almost to our limit and we have no weapons, minimal armor, and we're eating ourselves because we are starving.  When we are properly prepared, we will return.

Right.

Consume an arm. Once we've our strength back, sprout wings and book it for the Holy City, keeping as high in the air as ever we can. Stealth and speed.

This.
+1

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: April 23, 2020, 09:28:44 pm »

Do we have enough energy to get in Overload range and fight off any enemies, while in our already taxed state?

(That was a rhetorical question.)

My decision depends on how injured that Leviathan is. It is slowed down enough for us to scram without endangering the city? If so, I say book it back to SEED safe ground and recuperate before trying to fight in that thing again. We're superhuman, but we certainly didn't curb-stomp much last time.

We've pushed ourselves almost to our limit and we have no weapons, minimal armor, and we're eating ourselves because we are starving.  When we are properly prepared, we will return.

Right.

This.
+1

Conditional +1, as noted. Wait on Leviathan travel-time information before confirming.

I suspect that SEED may no longer be with us.

Eh?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 09:32:51 pm by Eschar »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: April 23, 2020, 09:29:44 pm »

I suspect that SEED may no longer be with us.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: April 23, 2020, 09:30:26 pm »

...how do you figure that?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: April 23, 2020, 09:32:02 pm »

We sent word back to the Holy City that they should evacuate and that SEED must not be captured by the plague.  It may have killed or deactivated itself to avoid assimilation.  Also, note that the act changed immediately after we sent back the scout ship with that message.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: April 23, 2020, 09:33:25 pm »

Oh.
Oh dear.

We're gonna come back to complete bedlam, aren't we?  :-\

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: April 23, 2020, 09:35:58 pm »

Right.

This.
+1
+1
Here’s hoping 2/3rds of it power being drained, along with the physical damage, is enough. To delay its attack

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: April 23, 2020, 09:39:54 pm »

We sent word back to the Holy City that they should evacuate and that SEED must not be captured by the plague.  It may have killed or deactivated itself to avoid assimilation.  Also, note that the act changed immediately after we sent back the scout ship with that message.

curses

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: April 23, 2020, 09:46:49 pm »

Yes, curses... such a sad turn of events, if true.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: April 23, 2020, 09:48:10 pm »

We don’t know he shut off yet

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: April 23, 2020, 10:00:58 pm »

Well, there's one thing that is agreed-- oh, you agreed on both fronts...well then. It's a good thing I wanted to be a horror writer when I was young.

It was a feint, wasn't it?

[-] With that thought in mind, you, Patches, steel yourself. You peel away the shattered armor on your left side, baring your arm. You need no more words of encouragement. No argument to convince you. Our people need us.

Your arm goes numb up to your shoulder, and you grab your wrist. You grit your teeth, pulling as bones crunch and ligaments snap. Blood drips then pours out until the Interface seals the veins-- and you slump, staring at your arm. You shut your eyes, then devour it with feral intent, your own blood streaming down your face. Something snaps within you. A strand of humanity, perhaps, as you do this very inhuman deed.

It fills your stomach, your body breaking itself down without complaint. The Dust within is redirected, and you rise, stronger, but less human. You pick up the pieces of your armor and attach them to the shoulder plate that remains. They meld, stiffening into nothing more than a shell.

Your wings bloom out into the sky, and you rise.

Nothing challenges you on the way back to the city, the grid below humming its song to you as you fly on your gold and red wings. You fly in a fugue, but even then you notice the differences. The lands below are still, no great herds of insects, no sleeping Worms, no lonely abominations. That changes when you approach where the Line once stood-- its been overwhelmed, hordes of the beasts streaming through, too many to count, too many to fight. You swallow, still tasting the blood within your own mouth...

The worst has come to past. The Line has Broken, and the Holy City of SEED is under seige.

The suburbs on the western side, built outside the great walls that divided the city, are in rubble. Flames billow out from the wreckage of lives once lived as mindless abominations stir through the streets. Las-gun fire is exchanged on the wall to the depths below, but there are great cracks within it that the monsters stream through.

Screams echo out from the western side of the Outer City, but you make your way to the east, towards your compound.
You alight in the deserted and empty streets and stride in. No guards remain, and you make you way to the stockpile of nutrient bars, devouring many, many. You grab a duffle bag from the guard's room and fill it with the food, attaching it to your side. You emerge into the city, hearing the cries of death and battle from the east.

["[Alphira. You're alive. Good. Come to the Citadel. I wish to ask something of you.]"] SEED's voice echoes through your ears. The Plague has not yet gotten as far as the Citadel of SEED from what you've seen, held in the Eastern City by the bravery of man.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 10:11:56 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: April 23, 2020, 10:04:32 pm »

...do so.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: April 23, 2020, 10:04:45 pm »

Huh, I guess it's not dead.

Go to SEED.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: April 23, 2020, 10:24:15 pm »

You lift yourself up once more on your red and gold wings, come to alight in the city. Grim-faced men and women, recruits or those too brave to leave, bow as you approach. You pay them no mind, and they do not ask anything of you. The world flows around you -- a newly fixed point in the river of time. You pause by a container of war material, and take a cutter blade from the crate, slipping its holster into your belt.

The elevator opens its door to you, and you head down without a word of protest.

It stops thirty minutes later, and the door opens, revealing a great amount of circuitry, with bubbling cold liquid simmering up from superheated circuit boards of black metal. One of these machines is offline, no light, no bubbling, and you look up, towards the center of this creation, towards the slight vestige of willpower this entity has.

"[My projections note that the City will fall within one hour and that the Plague will be attacking my outer shell by then. Four hours will pass before I am breached and consumed if my projections are correct. Most of the city has been evacuated-- there were always plans in place for this.]"

"[I wish I could curse you for failing me, but you have not. This was a war thousands of years in the making -- to win would have been a miracle. It was one I hoped for, but not one I should have burdened another with.]"

"[I have one favor to ask of you. Please, Pheobe Gainer, protect my people.]"
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 381