00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 251955 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4575 on: July 12, 2020, 10:29:05 pm »

((If you compare the backstory that user received to what we learned about Regius, you will see that the stories are identical.))

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: July 12, 2020, 10:33:24 pm »

((Huh, so they are! Egar did mention at some point that the Cadet branches are less free-form, I suppose.))
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: July 12, 2020, 10:56:44 pm »

((You'd be surprised how many Ascended completely ignore the rules.))

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: July 13, 2020, 12:36:31 am »

Ask Cephie, if she is nearby, what she would like us to get for her.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: July 13, 2020, 12:39:23 am »

After a brief discussion with Cephie over the Empyreal Communication network, you nod, and return to the Armorer's call.

"I will purchase, four level three cutter blades, five level three shields, two carapace armor sets, three of the las-guns, and one prosthetic hand." You state, after browsing the wares and taking advice from the Ancestors. "I may purchase another, but for now that will suffice."

The young armorer's thin lips quirk, and he nods. "We'll throw in bandoliers and mags for free. Is that all?"

A cutter, and shield for Eric, William, and Cephie, armor for Eric and William, Las-guns for Eric and William, and a prosthesis for Eric. I'm also purchasing a shield for Isela and Emma -- they're really good at preventing assassination attempts. I will also purchase a las-gun for myself-- I think the Demon has the inputs fo--

You pause. "Just one second on that confirmation." You hang up, turning to look around in the dark forest for your armor. Nothing. You rise, straining your ears and your senses --

[14] There's a rough thud in the distance, followed by the sound of something tearing and ripping. You set off at a sprint, slipping the datapad into your pocket. You run into a clearing, only to find the armor hunched over a very large, shaggy, [beast of burden]. The creature's head has been savage ripped off and flung to the side, and the armor is ripping away portions of flesh. It devours these shreds greedily, with heavy chomps.

You pause, taking a step back as it rips a leg free and begins to gnaw on the bone. No doubt it knows you're here, but it doesn't seem to care. Eventually, it stops, rising to rip off another leg with fresh gouts of blood. It tosses it to you, before returning to its meal.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: July 13, 2020, 12:44:59 am »

It's not good to leave this thing unfed.  Today it was a wild animal, but what about tomorrow?

Drop the leg.  "...Pass, but thank you.  What is your name?  Mine is Phoenix."

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: July 13, 2020, 12:52:10 am »

Its lenses narrow when you drop the leg, and it slowly rises, crossing the gap between the two of you slowly, with deliberate intent. It grabs up the leg, then--

[38 vs 10][8] It grabs you by the face, even as you try to pull free, hauling up the leg, -- distracted by the painful grip, you try to muster forth fires to bat the Demon away, but they only lick weakly at the plating -- when a surprising gentleness, it forces the leg against your mouth. Those sharp, metallic teeth are on full display as it grins at you.

[33 vs 3] Your wings flare forth as you try to pull yourself away, but the grip on your head only tightens painfully. Eat. At least it isn't your own limb this time.

[9 vs 9] [14] You pull up the earth itself, sending it sprawling away. You wipe the blood from your mouth as it rises back to its feet. It takes a deep bite of the leg it offered, swallowing the chunk whole.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 12:55:10 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: July 13, 2020, 12:55:28 am »

Keep our distance.  Watch the Demon warily as it eats.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 12:58:18 am by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: July 13, 2020, 01:06:58 am »

It rips apart the carcass, piece by piece over the next few hours, devouring it in great greedy chunks until it's plating is covered in blood and viscera. Over the next hour, it finishes roughly half of the carcass, and then it rises. The wounds upon its flesh, upon its plate, have finished mending, and it stands whole and tall. It lumbers towards you to drop a chunk of flesh at your feet.

[50 vs /no contest/]With that surprising speed, it slams a metal plug from its hand into your shoulder as it grabs you with the other. Your mirror image appears, smiling with insanity in her eyes. Pheobe. Patchwork Girl. Pheonix. I know your names, and the names of your Ancestors. Call me what you will. I do not care. But how are we to fight properly if we are not one? If we do not share everything? Don't you want to share with me? Don't you want to be strong? I offer freedom -- this meat will not harm an Ascended. Why constrain yourself to false moralities?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: July 13, 2020, 01:12:13 am »

((Sorry for the frequent edits.))

"Okay.  I'll try some."

Cook the meat with a quick blast of flame, and then take a few bites.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 02:59:07 am by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: July 13, 2020, 08:17:20 am »

((Sorry for the frequent edits.))

"Okay.  I'll try some."

Cook the meat with a quick blast of flame, and then take a few bites.
+1 “Thank you”
Continue eating

If we’re cooking the meat, I see no problem eating it. How long since we’ve eaten?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: July 13, 2020, 10:17:45 am »

+1 To cooking the meat first and eating it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: July 13, 2020, 09:05:34 pm »

[19] The armor watches you build a fire from logs and Will, illuminating the night within the clearing. It hunches down nearby you, silent, as you take a piece of meat and -- you burn it. The inside is still good however, so you pick at rare meat within.Its rather bland and gamey.

A jack emerges from the small of its back and pierces your skin, no doubt worming its way into your nervous system and spinal cord. This planet is peaceful. Why free me? Are you so afraid of this Plague, of Magnus?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: July 13, 2020, 09:26:15 pm »

“With enemies like Magnus and the Plague, it would be foolish to not get as much help as possible.”
I don’t know how the rest of you feel, but I also don’t like the idea of anyone being stuck in one place for extended periods of time.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: July 13, 2020, 09:28:00 pm »

I agree.  It must have been horrible to be stuck there for more than a millennium.  However, sometimes things are sealed away for good reason.  Time will tell whether or not we made a mistake in releasing the suit.
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 381