00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 251951 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4605 on: July 14, 2020, 09:49:50 pm »

[11] You focus on a nearby log, adjusting the light by dint of will. It does look a little hazy, and the back isn't really covered that well, but you manage to project the image of the winter's grass on to the front of it. With a frown, you adjust the refraction values, giving it a hazy and vague appearance. Of course, considering this is the middle of the day in a colorful clearing, it does look odd.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 09:52:46 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: July 14, 2020, 09:55:45 pm »

Using your will, fire a laser at the log.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: July 14, 2020, 10:09:24 pm »

.../me opens a book on photonics.

Instead of doing so immediately, you sit down and boot the datapad. Photonics is simultaneously complex and simple. Simple in layman's terms, difficult in execution. Rising, you stow the datapad away. Luckily for you, you've already attempted something like this with the Levithan's reactor. However, this requires a smaller scale, and a finer adjustment.

[19][11][5]
You begin by constructing a 'tube' of hydrogen plasma. Into this you feed energy, bouncing it off the ends of the tube until it glows brightly with wasted energy. Then, you 'uncap' it, letting the electromagnetic force push outward in a single burst.

The log blackens in a rough circle, but nothing explosive as you hoped. You frown.

That might have been the plasma and thermal energy built up more than the light...

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: July 14, 2020, 10:21:13 pm »

((And we appreciate you for it. :)) ))

...energy.
Lightning.

The hydrogen storms in Alphira's memories-- they crackled with power, did they not? I wonder if I can find you something...
<Mnemonic query: any formulae pertaining to the manipulation and weaponization of electric charge.>
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 10:25:12 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: July 14, 2020, 11:05:51 pm »

Fire a concentrated stream of plasma, with kinetic energy applied to send the plasma at high speeds in the correct direction.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: July 14, 2020, 11:13:31 pm »

[8+2] There is a simple forumulae you can recall-- but it is very inefficient. You shut your eyes to focus, gathering energy from your internal reserves, your stomach acid devouring the nano-feast in an instant. You open your eyes, and with a twist of your willpower, release it all at once, directing it in one direction. A bolt of lightning arcs out from your hand, exploding the log into fiery splinters and leaving nothing but fulgurite and seared grass where it once stood.

You devour some of the carcass, cooking it on a small fire to sate your growing appetite.

[11][17][13]
You form a glowing ball of hydrogen plasma, gathering it up until you have an orb of barely contained, crackling energy in your hand. With a twitch of your willpower, you send it flying -- until it reaches the edge of your area of effect. Once there, it rapidly dissipates in a flash of released energy.

Forming it isn't an issue -- but once it leaves my Willpower, it doesn't work that well. The energy bleeds out too rapidly to cause damage. If I could contain it somehow, it could be a devastating weapon. You ponder, nibbling on a bit of burnt meat. The Demon armor has hunched down by the campfire, watching you practice.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 11:27:15 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: July 14, 2020, 11:29:22 pm »

That lightning seems amazing.  As for the plasma... we could contain it with magnetic fields?  I'm not sure if silicon manipulation allows us to manipulate magnetism.  The magnets would have to persist outside of our area of effect.

Attempt to will forth a persistent electromagnetic containment device for plasma.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: July 14, 2020, 11:49:30 pm »

I'm already doing that while it's within my sphere of influence, but once it leaves, I am unable to manipulate or control it further.

[18][19] You quirk your lips, considering. Idly, you twist a bit of silicon from the earth and shape it into a rough ball with very thin walls. You fill it with hydrogen and turn the inside into a churning mass of pressurized fire. However, even with you venting the excess temperature, the silicon, in places, rapidly burns away into nothingness. You frown, tossing aside both plasma and molten silicon. There's a pop and a hiss from the plasma as your control of the energy is released, and the molten silicon lands harmlessly, for you, on the grass, turning into silvery, shiny slag. It starts a small fire that dwindles out.

[20] You twist hydrogen into a burning hot fire, compressing it and compressing it. The roiling fire twists and turns within your willpower's grasp, and, you, for show, pretend your hand is actually doing something as you wave it in the air. The grass catches fire, blackening and charring away. Steam hisses up from the ground as you bake it solid. Small fires catch on your clothes, but you stand unaffected. "Making plasma is easy, really, it's the same as my Inferno. Compressed hydrogen, superheated by its own energy. The difficulty is pushing it pass my willpower's limits."

The Demon armor watches you, its lenses fixated on the half-circle of plasma that hovers just a few [meters] in front of you. With a twist of your will, you incinerate through a nearby tree, sending it collapsing to the ground -- but once it reaches about [twenty-six] or so [meters] the plasma collapses as the temperature is diffused through the atmosphere.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: July 14, 2020, 11:54:39 pm »

Showing off now! Such lovely incandescence.

<Mnemonic query: can the range of one's will be extended through practice? If so, how?>
The lightning formula. I feel it can be refined-- might the datapad's repositories be of use in that regard?

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: July 15, 2020, 12:00:04 am »

Hmm.  Can you put nanites inside or just outside the plasma to hold it together?  Perhaps in a small amount of flesh?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: July 15, 2020, 12:08:39 am »

Let's... avoid the projection of will and flesh for time being. Our cohesion's in a rough state.

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: July 15, 2020, 12:14:00 am »

>Practice. Exceptionally low cohesion. Increased Dust/Essence levels.

[14]...blah blah blah, charges jump between positive and negative... You pause mid-article about storms affecting hydrogen extraction operations on gas giants.

[15][12][8]
A distance away you gather a cloud of hydrogen, keeping it from forming water vapor by dint of Willpower. This you churn rapidly, until you notice small sparks forming within. Without any oxygen to burn, it does not ignite into fire. You continue to drag the atoms against one another, building up static electricity and keeping it contained by a field of protons. Then, when you can feel the cackle of power within, you unleash it.

The yield is lower, due to the small nature of the experiment, but an arc of lightning leaps downward, charring the grass beneath it. But, by letting the hydrogen do all the work, you've spent far less energy than you would've otherwise. You pick at a burnt piece of meat, watching the small plume of smoke from the spot you just sent lightning down on.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 09:29:25 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: July 15, 2020, 12:38:15 am »

Ah! That did it!

That'll be a right fury, brought to scale. A hydrogen storm fit to out-crackle the aura of any Colossus.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: July 15, 2020, 01:52:29 am »

Indeed.  A potent new weapon for our arsenal. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 07:59:19 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: July 15, 2020, 05:09:38 am »

Got to keep practicing to make these better weapons.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 381