00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 242711 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet
« Reply #375 on: March 04, 2020, 05:42:16 pm »

There's a two to two draw, by my count. Is that correct? If so character decides.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 04, 2020, 05:44:11 pm »

Naturegirl's support is dependent on there not being a plan to save them both (according to her post), but because I have proposed such a plan, her support is void.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 04, 2020, 05:46:11 pm »

I ain't making a move until I get a chance to discern the nature of those injuries we dealt. If we really did shatter this poor woman's back, I'd rather we just end her and have done with it.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 04, 2020, 05:47:02 pm »

Hmm.  I would agree, unless we could restore her.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 04, 2020, 06:09:48 pm »

[5] The prognosis is grim. While the wound didn't penetrate all the way through, it did do considerable damage to her chest. By the way she coughs up blood, and the sucking chest wound...you could save her if you were a trained combat medic. Her lips start to turn blue and she tries to gasp for breath, scrabbling at you.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 06:11:19 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 04, 2020, 06:11:26 pm »

Place our hands on her, and will her injuries to heal.  If that fails... I'm willing to shoot her.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 04, 2020, 06:24:37 pm »

Just shoot her
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 04, 2020, 06:31:08 pm »

Place our hands on her, and will her injuries to heal.  If that fails... I'm willing to shoot her.

...I'm sufficiently intrigued to give this a shot. +1-- take the pistol first tho, in case she gets her fight back.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 04, 2020, 06:39:34 pm »

...I'm sufficiently intrigued to give this a shot. +1-- take the pistol first tho, in case she gets her fight back.
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 04, 2020, 10:29:40 pm »

:D

[12] You reach out, putting a hand on the dying woman, and try to heal her using whatever the power within you is. For a moment, nothing happens, but your aches and pains flare forth into existence.

[3] They fade as your head pounds painfully-- you collapse to the floor, gasping for breath as your head feels like it's about to rip itself apart. It burns with the worse pain you can imagine. Memories flare like burning embers into existence, but you cannot comprehend them ,and they rapidly overwhelm your senses. Tastes, colors, flashes of images you don't remember seeing...all of them sear the inside of your skull in rapid succession. You don't fade into unconsciousness, but at some point, you realize you're lying on the floor. Stunned. Helpless as you watch the brunette take her last, painful, choking breaths. She dies slowly, and self-loathing stabs at your existence. A noise from the stairs puts your awareness on edge, but you cannot move to escape or defend yourself.

[14] Boots tromp into the room. Someone approaches, but all you can see is the brunette's bloody face. Something digs into the back of your head, and you realize its a las-gun barrel.

"BANG!" William shouts with a laugh, nudging your stunned form over. He pulls your mesh down, looking at the blood that drips from your eyes, your nose, your ears. He wipes what comes away on his gloves on his coat. "What happened to you, Phebe?" He asks, and you must be hallucinating because you can hear the concern in his voice. He 'tuts' and puts a las-gun pulse in the brunette's face in a smooth motion. He pushes her body over and makes his way to the swaddled form of the crying child.

"Don't." You manage, through the pain.

"I gave my word, Phebe. I don't go back on it." William looks down at you, trying to shush the child and calm it down. To your surprise, it gives a little whimper and goes quiet, sucking on its hand. William gives a triumphant smile, swaddling the child up in the blanket, and taking a seat on the bed.

"My crew is finishing up with this place." He announces, "When you're done with your nap, we'll leave."

[15] You are slow to rise, and when you do William nods. "Did you take the Ballistic? I've never seen that happen before."

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 04, 2020, 10:31:57 pm »

No Ballistic...Need food. Lots of food. Hungry...
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 04, 2020, 10:36:35 pm »

"Nope.  I think it's damage from the concussive force of the det-pack.
There's no need to worry, though.  Pain is nothing more than weakness leaving the body, after all."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 04, 2020, 10:37:16 pm »

No Ballistic...Need food. Lots of food. Hungry...
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 04, 2020, 10:55:02 pm »

[19] "I saw a kitchen downstairs." William offers helpfully, offering you a hand and helping you up. The world spins, and you can feel bile rushing up from your stomach. He has to steady you with his pistol hand, looking briefly annoyed. "How close were you to that det-pack?" When you mumble a reply he shakes his head, pushing you on to the bed roughly and heading out the door with a firm. "Stay. I'm not carrying two damn babies in this place."

You, in no condition to fight, say nothing. He returns, sans baby, and helps you to your feet once more, providing support as you navigate the now treacherous staircase. He leads you through a dining room, into a well-furnished, well-stocked kitchen, helping you to settle down at the bar.

"I left the kid with Tommy. Him and his wife are trying for one, so I figure I'd give him some experience." He explains, examining the walk-in fridge with a practiced eye. He still has his pistol out, you notice, and isn't entirely comfortable. He pulls himself out a beer and you out a pre-packaged meal. It's cold, but you devour the food with gusto, and he watches you. He provides another, and another, all in silence as you gorge yourself. The world is still spinning, but the painful ache in your stomach is gone.

"I've only seen two people eat that much," William observes casually, smiling. 'For Polly' glints in the light as he finishes his beer and retrieves another, "Do you want one more?" When you shake your head, a monumental task, you slouch over the bar-top further. He nods, wetting a dish-towel in the sink and tossing it to you. An explosion echoes through the empty halls of the Villa, but William seems unconcerned.

"So, I'm assuming that Moore is dead, considering his room has a hole in it the size of a [cow] where he would be standing." William sips his beer, "And the missus is dead, that's for sure. Anything else to report, Phebe?" [10] You have enough sense left to realize that William is hinting at something here. He skirted the question previously in his own observation, but now it lingers unspoken in the air.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 04, 2020, 11:04:19 pm »

"Moore mentioned a drug he wanted to distribute.  He said he had supply lines throughout the Holy City.  I also got confirmation from Moore himself that he was behind the attempted kidnapping."
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 381