00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 242601 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet
« Reply #360 on: March 04, 2020, 06:58:32 am »

Lets do one of those diving and shooting things and kill that guy.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 04, 2020, 07:50:20 am »

Kill him, I don't care how

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 04, 2020, 12:43:14 pm »

I... really don't want to get into a shooting match with a warlord. It's time to go nuclear.

Grab the rifle off the guard we just slew, and (provided we're in range) overload it in Moore's general direction.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 04, 2020, 01:06:08 pm »

[17] The warlord hesitates when you reach down to snag up the rifle of his dead guard. He draws out his rifle when you aim down the iron-sights at him with his own guard's gun. His rifle hums to life, spitting out laser pulses that eat through the woodwork above your head.

[18] Moore doesn't get another chance to shoot at you. You reach into the magazine of your newly acquired rifle and pull out all of the energy you find therein, sending it pulsing into the micro-reactor all at once.  With that done, you shift your focus forward as the weapon shudders, quickly creating a barrier between you and the explosion of heat and radiation that lances out of the weapon. The room disappears in a flash of burning light as you unleash a full magazine of energy all at once.

[16] It takes a lot of focus, you realize, to Overload something. But you feel like you did better this time. The calculations (?) were more natural to do, something more than instinct finally taking over.

Nothing is left of the desk, the bank of cameras, or even most of the room. Or of the Warlord Johnny Moore. Fire licks at the wall behind where he once stood and a neat hole punctures the side of the house, letting in the cool breeze. The gunship swings around, lifting closer to the Villa, investigating the massive flare of light and explosion.

Somebody other than a baby is crying in the other room, you realize. The rifle feels heavy in your hands.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 01:34:49 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 04, 2020, 01:38:04 pm »

Heyy, we didn't expend as much energy firing off the overload this time! Wonderful.

...and now for the unpleasant part.

Time to go have a look-see at this baby and his mother.

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 04, 2020, 02:26:39 pm »

[10] You swing the door open into the main bedroom of the Villa. A pretty brunette stands there, between you and the bed. There's a shape on the bed that wiggles and squirms as it cries.

[18 vs. 13-1] She fires the Las-pistol haphazardly, and your instinct takes over. The pulse of the laser shreds into her vest, knocking her back. The pistol slips from her lose grasp, and you see bloody steam. She doesn't die, instead stumbling to the floor, half-supported by the mattress.

There's panic in her tear-stained eyes. And hatred. A rueful smile twists your lips in admiration at the defiance. She can't see it, hidden beneath your mesh as it is.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 04, 2020, 02:35:29 pm »

Aw man, of course she had a las-pistol. Was half hoping we'd get the chance to make a last-minute decision or two, maybe even consider smuggling the mother out somehow... too late now.  :-\

"The child will live. I will ensure it. I'm sorry it had to be this way."
End this, quick and clean. Be respectful about it.

Put the safety on our rifle, shoulder it, grab the child, grab the mother's las-pistol (for an emergency overload) and let's get out of here. Keep our stolen pistol out, in case we run into trouble on our way to the gunship.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 02:37:33 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 04, 2020, 02:39:10 pm »

"I have been authorized to spare you both.  Please come with me.  I will ensure that you are not harmed."  Do not shoot the mother.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 04, 2020, 02:45:40 pm »

"I have been authorized to spare you both.  Please come with me.  I will ensure that you are not harmed."  Do not shoot the mother.

Part of me wants to make this happen, but at this point... what good would it do? I'm pretty sure we just blew a hole through the mother's spine-- she's gonna die anyway; I figure all we can do now is give her a bit of dignity in death.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 04, 2020, 02:50:09 pm »

The damage to her person isn't clear.  I'd rather not kill an innocent.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 04, 2020, 02:51:25 pm »

Aw man, of course she had a las-pistol. Was half hoping we'd get the chance to make a last-minute decision or two, maybe even consider smuggling the mother out somehow... too late now.  :-\

Put the safety on our rifle, shoulder it, grab the child, grab the mother's las-pistol (for an emergency overload) and let's get out of here. Keep our stolen pistol out, in case we run into trouble on our way to the gunship.

A contract is a contract
+1
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 04, 2020, 02:58:04 pm »

The damage to her person isn't clear.  I'd rather not kill an innocent.

...I'm listening. Assuming the mother isn't paralyzed from the neck down right now, what would you have us do with her? If we're gonna try and save her somehow, we need a clear plan as to how we're gonna make that happen.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 04, 2020, 03:03:09 pm »

I think we can simply have her accompany us (or instruct Thornton to provide her with medical aid).  We can attempt to persuade William to spare her, leveraging our connection to Black Nicky, who is his ruler.  Plus, we just decimated a whole paramilitary, so that gives us some intimidation advantage.  Worst case scenario: we kill her in front of him.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 04, 2020, 03:04:17 pm »

A contract is a contract
+1
+1, unless a plan for saving both is offered, which I don't have right now

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 04, 2020, 05:02:33 pm »

Bah, I'd so carefully worked myself up to this moment... ah well. You've brought me to hesitation.

Quickly assess the severity of the mother's injuries. If said injuries look to be fatal, speak our piece and make our kill as planned. If not... if not, I'm gonna have to reconsider.

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 381