Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Aftermath (Turn 2)  (Read 2318 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
The Aftermath (Turn 2)
« on: February 02, 2020, 11:22:30 pm »

Civilization and magic flourished for thousands of years in this universe, called The Eternal Plane. Multiple species lived in harmony, and even the goblins only led sporadic wars. Even literacy, something rare in previous years, was increasing year by year. The major cities numbered tens of thousands of people.

However, in the year 1000, everything changed.

A secret cabal of necromancers, led by the dwarf Likot Mokezrith has unleashed their army of zombies, collected and assembled over the past century upon the human city of Mirrorwave, capital of the civilization of The Watchful Spike. The city was lightly defended due to most of the army being occupied with fighting off a goblin invasion. The defenders, most of the population, the king, and the high priest were massacred and turned to zombies. The Watchful Spike was thrown into chaos and anarchy as goblins poured into the frontier. Likot Mokezrith's army now numbered in the thousands. He changed his place of residence to the castle at the center of Mirrorwave, and the city was turned into his personal egopolis, with whatever citizens who were not killed or have not escaped to neighboring nations being his servants.

Likot kept rampaging across the world with his massive undead legions, razing and pillaging any settlements across his path. In about 20 years, most civilization has been extinguished. Likot even zombified the dragon Eman Anstridnganiz and it acted as his mount and royal guard.

However, two years after conquering and pillaging the world, Likot faced an untimely demise. A human resistance fighter, Saja Otuaco, coated his own body with green and red dye and bits of rotten flesh to blend in with Likot's zombie armies, snuck behind his throne, and stabbed him in the back of the head, killing Likot instantly. Eman the dragon, suddenly without a master, started rampaging. Saja was stepped on and killed while trying to escape the castle, and Eman killed the remaining living population of Mirrorwave. The rest of Likot's cabal either went into hiding or died prior.

And thus, the world's population was reduced tenfold if not more. Some races' culture was lost and they were driven off into the isolated wilderness. But some governments live on in villages far away from the zombie-infested ruins, or in well-defended forts.

It is now the year 1040. Zombies and bandits still roam the lawless wilderness.

Spoiler: What is this? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Major races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

Code: (Character sheet) [Select]
Name:
Appearance:
Backstory:
Origin location:
Equipment (can be anything as long as it's not too OP):
Skills (can be anything as long as it's not too OP):
Stats:
   Str: 5
   Agi: 5
   Int: 5
   Tou: 5
   Awa: 5
   Cha: 5
Location vote:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 05:36:49 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: The Aftermath
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 01:25:19 am »

Spoiler: Akan Eri (click to show/hide)
Something of an issue I noticed: you have the apocalypse having occurred almost 200 years ago - so almost everyone that would be played as would need to have been born long after it - yet the origin locations all imply that you were there before the apocalypse. Maybe you should change the timeframe?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 10:21:42 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 02:35:46 am »

Spoiler: Akan Eri (click to show/hide)
Something of an issue I noticed: you have the apocalypse having occurred almost 200 years ago - so almost everyone that would be played as would need to have been born long after it - yet the origin locations all imply that you were there before the apocalypse. Maybe you should change the timeframe?
OK, changed to 1040.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 02:37:38 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 08:40:30 am »

PTW.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 11:03:24 am »

« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 06:20:44 am by Naturegirl1999 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 09:54:38 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 12:05:02 am »

The bonuses/penalties for leech-people: -1 toughness, +1 awareness, can feed on blood.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hyena-people: +1 strength, can feed on raw and rotten corpses without any ill effects.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 04:12:16 am »

Whose ready for a female bard?

Name: Eureka
Species: Human
Appearance: Extremely beautiful and Kawaii

Backstory: An orphan since birth. Eureka is but a humble slave, but as her age grows, so as her beauty. By the age of 12 she was literally given independence just because both masters and slaves has fallen to her allure. By the age of 18 she had become an ambassadress to her home kingdom of Town and closed a lot of political disputes with her sheer beauty and social skills. She even got kidnapped multiple times ending only for the kidnappers to turn themselves in. However, despite her success, she feels she still missing something from her identity, and in search for her parents she is now here.

Origin location: Town

Equipment: A dagger hidden in back just in case diplomacy isn't working.

Skills: Because of her beauty, her enemies are often caught offguard. She can expose enemy secrets and weakness and exploit it herself if needed be(useful for stabbing uncooperative bastards)

She can tap for her hidden potential if needed be causing CHA stats to be allocated to other stats.

Stats:
   Str: 1
   Agi: 1
   Int: 1
   Tou: 1
   Awa: 1
   Cha: 25 + 3
Location vote: Above-ground fortress.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 08:15:06 pm by invul_nerable »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 06:03:17 am »

Stwt bonuses and penalties for leech person?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 06:13:02 am »

The bonuses/penalties for leech-people: -1 toughness, +1 awareness, can feed on blood.
Was above the post above yours.

Also do we need to update our sheets?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 06:21:35 am »

Sheet updated thank you, does can feed on blood go in skills or somewhere else on the sheet?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2020, 03:17:23 pm »

~snip~
Why would you do this to us.

Also, your origin location thing is incorrect, and I’m fairly certain that you need to put a meeting location vote.

And finally, the most your charisma could be as a human with 4 in every other stat would be 10, not 13.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 03:19:04 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2020, 07:26:18 pm »

Would this be good?

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2020, 07:46:19 pm »

~snip~
Why would you do this to us.

Also, your origin location thing is incorrect, and I’m fairly certain that you need to put a meeting location vote.

And finally, the most your charisma could be as a human with 4 in every other stat would be 10, not 13.
Because I like manipulating people

I thought I can add 3 more points to any stat(twas written in stat distribution but I guess humans cant get those bonus) and I can reduce one to all other stat. So 5+3+5

I Will be voting for where the majority wants to begin.
UPDATE: I chose my place of origin is "Town"
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 08:01:53 pm by invul_nerable »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2020, 07:58:41 pm »

You can add 3 stats to the default 5, so 15 default, 3 more so 18 total stats before you can trade stats, subtracting 1 stat to increase a different stat by 1. After all of this, apply racial bonuses and penalties
Pages: [1] 2 3