Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 478763 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19:Flu Season?? edition
« Reply #5940 on: November 16, 2021, 04:03:34 am »

Our government has filed charges against our country's largest provider of corona tests, for selling falsified proofs of vaccination.
The company, Spoedtest.nl has 100s of test locations in the country and has been providing over 20% of all corona tests in the Netherlands.

EDIT: the company's CEO says he is baffled by the accusation. He says that there are 2000 people working for his company, and that he cannot check them all constantly. But still, he says, he has a hard time imagining that anyone working for him has done such a thing, especially since every negative test needs to be vetted by a official medical professional.
He wonders if his company has been victim of hackers.

EDIT2: Geez. Imagine this really being a hack by a Russian hacker group. That's grounds for a NATO article 5 and declaration of war, because, biological warfare.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 05:37:23 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5941 on: November 17, 2021, 11:39:16 am »

I sent in a letter to the Volkskrant about my moral objections with a 3d booster shot. They actually printed it.
I guess I will get that 3d booster shot, making the statement in a major newspaper hopefully contributes more to raising awareness of the importance of vaccinating the third world countries that me refusing a single shot will.

Consciencely and consciously if have taken 2 shots of the Pfizer vaccin, as soon as it was my turn in queue.
However, I am going to refuse the 3d booster shot, on both humanitarian as well as epidemiological grounds: Africa first.

We can keep navel gazing at the situation in our miniscule little country, but getting a third shot isn't going to help combat the global pandemic.

Original:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5942 on: November 18, 2021, 02:02:06 pm »

They're starting here with the 'booster shot', 3d vaccination.
I am going to refuse.

On both humanitarian as well as epidemiological grounds: Africa first.
If you get ill and occupy a hospital bed you're helping noone.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5943 on: November 18, 2021, 02:30:23 pm »

If you (not you personally, read: we, the inhabitants of rich countries) keep gobbling up all vaccin production because our countries pay more for it, vaccins will never go to Africa, and you're helping no one but yourself.

Eventually it will bite you in the ass when more dangerous strains develop unchecked in unvaccinated countries.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5944 on: November 18, 2021, 06:45:16 pm »

Delta appeared in the UK. The dangerous variants are developing back home because the level of immunity as it is is nowhere near good enough. Healthcare systems in Europe are under heavy pressure as it is. And none of these vaccines are going to make it to Africa anyway. It's not clear they can even be delivered given the lack of the necessary cold chain networks. So get your damm booster

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5945 on: November 18, 2021, 07:30:40 pm »

Republicans in the US are trying to pass a bill (hilariously titled Natural Immunitiy Is Real Act) suggesting that people who were previously infected but not vaccinated should be considered exempt from vaccine mandates.

Although I could get behind the spirit of this (I'm not keen on vaccine passports and the like, but at this point I'd be willing to walk around jabbing anyone with a needle if we can get immunity up), the core premise is completely misinformed (intentionally, I have to assume). The CDC has found that those who were vaccinated have a stronger immune response when compared to those who have virus induced immunity. Hospitalizations are more common with those who recovered naturally than those who were vaccinated, as well. Taking the shot is still better and recommended, even if you were previously infected. A better form of immunity is supplied by the vaccine, and would only be a benefit to those who were previously infected. So requiring the vaccine still makes sense, on a large-scale virus-control strategy.

The bill states that none of this is true and points to the CDC for not doing the research...which they have done and continue to do.

Death cult vibes.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5946 on: November 18, 2021, 07:48:17 pm »

Even if caught/induced immunity were identical protection (notwithstanding the problems with that) the 'booster' for the jab-free people would have to be a Pox Party.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5947 on: November 19, 2021, 04:53:35 pm »

Protestors, pissed off with new corona measures and pissed off with the descision to ban fireworks at New Years Eve again, started rioting and throwing heavy fireworks at the police in the Dutch city of Rotterdam. The city is under emergency lockdown now, subways, trains and cars are not allowed to enter the city center.

Just now, multiple people were injured when police fired warning shots. Number and severity of casualties not yet known.

I think this is the first time in my country in more than 50 years that police use live rounds against rioters. Damn.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5948 on: November 19, 2021, 05:01:05 pm »

Why fireworks are banned on new year?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5949 on: November 19, 2021, 05:03:01 pm »

To prevent the already overcrowded hospitals from overcrowding even further with drunk idiots that blew their fingers, ears, or eyes off while setting off fireworks. (We don't have large firework events here, everybody has their own private firework party on their doorstep.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5950 on: November 19, 2021, 05:09:09 pm »

Firework bans or limits are pretty common in a lot of places on a lot of holidays, yeah, for basically that exact reason plus a smattering of fire safety. Any event that involves a lot of private firework use sees a very noticeable and very predictable increase in ER trips and fires, and, like... some places figure it's probably a good idea to cut down on their citizens getting maimed and buildings set on fire, weirdly enough.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5951 on: November 19, 2021, 05:12:37 pm »

To prevent the already overcrowded hospitals from overcrowding even further with drunk idiots that blew their fingers, ears, or eyes off while setting off fireworks. (We don't have large firework events here, everybody has their own private firework party on their doorstep.

Ohh that. Maybe they should have offered to hold their own firework spectacles on several spots in the city to please the masses?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5952 on: November 19, 2021, 05:26:25 pm »

UK regulations, for comparison. (Noting that the time-restrictions indicated are regularly breached. Having recently had Bonfire/Guy Fawkes Night, and thus easonal sales, anybody in a built up area will have heard explosions post-11PM in the week(s) preceding and probably also at least a few more days after the 5th, and well into the early hours even on the day.

Not all those doing so are deliberate law-breaking idiots (maybe just a bit ignorant/inconsiderate, to various degrees), but I imagine that there'll be a few casualties from their number (or by their actions).

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5953 on: November 20, 2021, 04:22:26 am »

Geez what the fuck. The police didn't just fire warning shots at the rioters yesterday, they aimed and fired live ammo at the rioters.
7 people have been injured, 20 people have been arrested. An unknown number of policemen have been injured too, and 4 police vans were burned down. Police had to protect firefighters and medics from the horde.

This is not my country. Police shooting live ammo at rioters, that shit happens in Belarus, not here, damnit.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5954 on: November 20, 2021, 05:55:51 am »

a
« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 06:40:10 am by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 459