Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 478640 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

People overshare sometimes, and delete it afterwards.  It's better to let them (well, we) do so, and not ask too many questions.  Honestly, it's an extension of trust - we can put something out there, for a little while, just for y'all.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 06:11:13 am by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile

The same over here. Heck some even know my real identity to the point I sent my CV a few weeks ago to other member for proofreading. Most of those are the ones that have helped us so dearly when we were in dire circumstances.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 09:34:30 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Honestly, I used to worry more about sharing highly personal stuff, but then I realized that most of the people who could guess my identity based on my conversations here would be my very close friends IRL anyway, and nothing else that I said here would surprise them.

I am still careful about really de-anoning and have enjoyed getting caught up in fewer quoteathon blow-by-blows but, anyway ...

Yeah, sometimes people just say something and then they rethink it. I was literally talking to a friend last night where I started a sentence and just said: "that's going in the garbage, it doesn't add anything to the conversation." Just some needlessly pedantic point that I started making because I was too tired and then changed my mind. It shouldn't surprise anyone that that happens in casual text formats if it happens IRL, right?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile

Being chronically online, I still worry about stuff. I worry less knowing that 'none' is a really difficult keyword to use in a web search. At one point in my youth, I loved the idea of having the same handle all across the net. Nowadays, not so much. Hard to post about your private turmoils when someone on the far side of the internet might somehow recognize you, yeah?

Also, having made off-taste jokes that I immediately regretted and then edited away, I'll agree that some posts just don't deserve to stand on their own and that's okay.

So, uh, back on topic, how's FDA approval going for the covid vaccines?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

I suspect I could be doxxed pretty fast
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Last week our government proposed a new law against doxxing. It can get you in prison now.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile

Massive drop in US life expectancy last year due to Covid.  Article here: https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/07/21/1018590263/u-s-life-expectancy-fell-1-5-years-2020-biggest-drop-since-ww-ii-covid (contains link to the 12-page CDC report for those who want to go beyond a particular gloss).

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got my first. Pfizer.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I find myself still wearing masks most places I go, despite being fully vaccinated and a number of businesses starting to relax restrictions. I'm worried about encountering someone with a new strain that the vaccine (I got Moderna) doesn't protect against. Or that I may be one of the unlucky few who got a dud dose that will not protect me. Or something.

My paranoia isn't helped by the fact that I can go into a gas station and see someone without a mask on coughing into their hands.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, I still wear my mask everywhere, too.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

I'm still using my simple black mask, it's comfortable.  I was still planning on wearing it forever but with this delta variant going around it might be smart too.  5 days till my second Moderna!

I do not understand Wish at all and the one I got is sold out, but it's pretty much exactly what it looks like: a sunglass with more material.  It seems reasonably comfortable but I question how much protection it provides - seems like the particles just blow left and right past it, in fact it hardly obscures breathing at all somehow, so I should probably wear my cloth underneath it.

Mostly I got it because it looks cool (and now I'm all shy about actually wearing it out) but I do need to wear sunglasses anyway.  I'll try to figure out if it obscures my voice, I kinda assume it's worse than the cloth for that.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile

Hah, those are so delightfully bizarre. I wouldn't count on them being particularly effective mask, but still! Admittedly, I might feel like I'm having a stroke if I go looking for someone's face and see a sunglass bubble like that where it should be, but still!

Speaking of acquiring masks, where do people get those ergonomic snugly-over-whole-lower-face lookin' masks that like the sports announcers use? I'd love to get a stock of a few quality masks in case things go grim again.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

...Those variants are just photoshops of the same picture
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 459