Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 478247 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: COVID-19:Big Pharma Shenanigans Edition
« Reply #5325 on: March 20, 2021, 02:03:24 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:01:34 pm by dragdeler »
let

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5326 on: March 20, 2021, 02:35:51 pm »

Just make sure you get the radioactive serum!  Ideally delivered by the bite of some useful creature.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5327 on: March 20, 2021, 03:20:21 pm »

Just make sure you get the radioactive serum!  Ideally delivered by the bite of some useful creature.

My eyes! The goggles, they do nothing!
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5328 on: March 20, 2021, 04:13:45 pm »

Dont worry, is not real acid.

-Its the acid ready?!!!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5329 on: March 20, 2021, 10:57:48 pm »

I supposedly qualify to be vaccinated, but I've spent hours looking into it and I can't find anywhere that's actually willing to vaccinate university workers, even though according to state law I can get the vaccine now. Sucks.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: March 21, 2021, 02:27:39 am »

I have a reliable source that says the vaccines are made with at least 25% Autism.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5331 on: March 21, 2021, 04:55:53 am »

It has been discovered that the rare low blood platelets / trombose combo is indeed a rare side effect caused by AstraZeneca.
It is a rare extreme immune response to the vaccin, causing the immune system to make antibodies against the body's own blood platelets.

In total, 25 people have developed this side effect, which caused blood clots in the brain or in the entire body. 9 of them died.

The good news is, now the mechanism is known, it can be easily treated. Instead of what should normaly be done with blood clotting problems, giving bloodthinning meds like heparine, patients suffering from this immune response should be treated with immunoglobulins, to restore the balance of their immune system (heparin makes it worse / kills the patient in this case).

The side effects are expected to occur about 1 in a million. It is not clear yet why this immune response mostly affects women of relative young age.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 05:01:46 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5332 on: March 21, 2021, 02:41:39 pm »

I've not seen anything (credible) about that. Which doesn't mean it isn't there, just it seems not to be so obvious.

We had, something like, one clot fatality and four other reported cases out of 10 million UK vaccinations, biased towards men[1]. The causes of concerns that brought about the European 'precautions' were similarly rare but biased towards women[1]. This makes it look more like statistical blips siezed upon. You may even have more fatalities, post-vaccination, from DIY accidents - yet nobody is suggesting that there's a causation like a cordyceps- or toxoplasma gondii-like alteration of personal inhibitions towards more dangerous activities.

And France, which at one point was going with the "there's not enough evidence that it helps older people" line to suggest that it wasn't recommended for them, is not saying AZ should only go to older people. When older people are more susceptible to being struck down by blood-clots, moreover.

Colour me sceptical, still. There's more than medical opinion involved, of course.

[1] Or vice-versa, if I've misremembered.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5333 on: March 21, 2021, 03:46:07 pm »

British, Italian and German doctors discovered that all the patients with blood clot problems after vaccination shared the same type of antibodies in their blood, which attack blood platelets. They say it looks very much like HIT syndrome, which also causes the body's antibodies to attack the blood platelets.
They shared their discovery with their European colleauges last friday.

https://www.volkskrant.nl/nieuws-achtergrond/oorzaak-van-bijwerking-astrazeneca-vaccin-ontdekt-behandeling-goed-mogelijk~b23a76622/

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5334 on: March 21, 2021, 03:48:28 pm »

There's nothing definite. Just a lot of guesswork concerning potential mechanisms for a phenomenom that, if present(again, nothing definite), is mighty scarce.

IIRC someone was mentioning that it might be a close cousin of heparin induced thrombocytopenia, which is likely the reason for this advisory guideline. Notably, despite the fact that HIT presents with low platelets but its actually a prothrombotic disorder, and will actually need anticoagulation - just not heparin, obviously.

But again, nobody knows for sure. I dont think there's anything formal published, but the numbers thrown around were really small, like, the theory was based on 7 people. It could be that or it could be literally anything else

« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 03:54:36 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: March 21, 2021, 04:14:54 pm »

The most authoritative information I found about it was: "Neither the German nor the Norwegian findings were published or peer reviewed. Prof. Greinacher said he would submit his findings for publication to the British medical journal The Lancet in the coming days."

It's practically a pre-prepub.

(Some more information about the spontaneous background incidence of this 'reaction' would be very welcome, before asserting causation. But will be hard to come by, unless it can be found in the bloods of those hospitalised (non-vaccinated), against the background of all the other conditions that cause hospitalisation.)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5337 on: March 23, 2021, 03:52:12 am »

What's a K12 school? I know K9 is dog training, what is K12?

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5338 on: March 23, 2021, 03:58:34 am »

SUPER dog training.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5339 on: March 23, 2021, 04:11:37 am »

Stands for Kindergarten to 12th grade and refers to the compulsory pre-college years of school.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 459