Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 478303 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: COVID-19:Mask of +1 Disease Resistance Edition
« Reply #4260 on: September 15, 2020, 06:53:12 am »

(Couldn't see any graphs at all. I got three red hover-over announcements "Por favor... [something that looked like it was about network problems...]" that may have been a rather aggressive form of error message about why I saw no in-article images.)

BBC had an article about the choice to go for a new national lockdown in Israel, yesterday. And "Housing Minister Yaakov Litzman, who leads an ultra-Orthodox Jewish party, said the measures would prevent Jewish people from celebrating their religious festivals, including Yom Kippur, the holiest day of the Jewish calendar, on 27 September." He resigned and threatened to break-up the coalition over this.

It's possible that initial lockdown measures were forced open again too soon by this side of the coalition, perhaps? I'm not sure it was Yom Kipur levels of "want" to be opened back up (like there's going to be a lot of grumbling if anyone's Christmas is to be spent underocal lockdown, over here, but probably far more so in the secular sphere if I'm any judge) but it sounds like they've got a political lever firmly under the lid-rim of the huge can of worms this appears to be...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: COVID-19:Mask of +1 Disease Resistance Edition
« Reply #4261 on: September 15, 2020, 07:04:00 am »

The shape of that graph looks eerily similar to the Wisconsin graph.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: September 15, 2020, 07:50:00 am »

The article is more about how rhe Isrslir govt wants another lockdown and 50% of the ultraorthodox community are up in arms about that
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: September 15, 2020, 01:21:39 pm »

Yeah, apparently keeping people from getting sick is less important than getting everyone together to get them sick in the name of tradition.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: September 15, 2020, 01:35:56 pm »

Yeah, apparently keeping people from getting sick is less important than getting everyone together to get them sick in the name of tradition.

Tradition!
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: September 16, 2020, 04:55:28 am »

BTW Trump is on video saying that the way to beat Covid is to develop "herd mentality".

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: September 16, 2020, 06:39:12 am »

wake up sheeple

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: September 16, 2020, 09:02:10 am »

It's just word-soup, aint it? He's historically heard of "herd immunity" and now happens to have hewn from whole-cloth a wholly hateful harangue, whereupon his hollering hordes (who habitually hold hoardings against heeding unhued headlines as even halfway-honourable, which is hardly holistic, honourable or helpful) hie themselves and a host of others, hot-foot, on an unhealthy highway to hell.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: September 16, 2020, 10:15:42 am »

It's just word-soup, aint it? He's historically heard of "herd immunity" and now happens to have hewn from whole-cloth a wholly hateful harangue, whereupon his hollering hordes (who habitually hold hoardings against heeding unhued headlines as even halfway-honourable, which is hardly holistic, honourable or helpful) hie themselves and a host of others, hot-foot, on an unhealthy highway to hell.
THAT's a word-soup.
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: September 16, 2020, 10:26:42 am »

I prefer to think of it as a consommé... (But it probably looks like a stew.)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: September 16, 2020, 10:41:07 am »

Haute cuisine
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

gamer31

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: September 17, 2020, 09:34:51 am »

I think it is crazy how people cannot accept the severity of the pandemic. I mean, if you look at the data given, it is so obvious that we should be careful and look after each other. Instead, some people are just so stubborn and see wearing a mask as a violation of rights.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: September 17, 2020, 10:50:02 am »

Crazy how people so readily turn a blind eye to nearly 200k deaths.
But the same people were up in arms over a few Ebola deaths under Obama’s administration.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: September 17, 2020, 03:37:26 pm »

You can't make it up (although someone almost did)...

It seems that, because of COVID, Ripdorf got ripped-off by Holdenstedt not holding-back.

forumist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: September 18, 2020, 04:10:27 am »

Was this shared here: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2026913 ?

TLDR: Wearing masks seems to decrease the severity of the disease for those infected despite wearing the mask.
This might help populations acquire at least some partial immunity ((me commenting:) with lesser risks than letting everyone contaminate oneself happily in foolish COVID parties, and without having to rely too much on much-talked-about-but-not-yet-available vaccines).
Don't quote me on that.
Cacame channels aquifers into submission by staring at them. Cacame is so badass, kobolds give him their children to leave them alone. If Hidden Fun Stuff digs too far down, they hit Cacame. Cacame once took a Tantrum Spiral and impaled four enemies on it.
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 459