Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 477527 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: COVID-19: Ride the Wave, Dude! Edition
« Reply #3270 on: June 04, 2020, 06:23:27 pm »

Lots of protests. Not much social distancing, but plenty of mask wearing. I wonder how bad that’s gonna affect the numbers. We’ll see.

George Floyd tested positive for COVID 19, an autopsy revealed.

The study that indicated that hydroxychloroquine led to an increased risk was formally retracted today after the data the study used was called into question
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 07:07:59 pm by TamerVirus »
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: June 05, 2020, 12:13:11 am »

We're going to see the first wave of protest-spread infections any day now. Wonder if we can charge the fucker who sat with his knee on a dudes neck for four and a half minutes--then remained there for another four minutes or so after the meat stopped being George Floyd anymore--for deaths incurred as a result of protest-spread infections, possibly link in situations where tear gas and trauma led to fatal complications for those involved therein?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: June 05, 2020, 12:42:42 am »

I must admit I am highly jealous of the South European protests that managed to -- or at least made a basic attempt to -- mind social distancing. Sweden's protests didn't.

I'm not sure how it will up the stats. Stockholm has the highest rate of infection but Scania/Malmö has lower rates than the capital region of Denmark. Stockholm will undoubtedly get a rise but I really hope Scania stays down (maybe hope in vain, but hope is hope). The thing about it not affecting stats very much was that while Sweden has been sloping downwards for the some weeks in the very last one we began to see a rise again. It's basically being written to Stockholm and Gothenburg  people stopping to care about social distancing (again). So we were likely going to have about two weeks of rise or not-fall of the numbers anyway before we will even add the results of the protests. We'll see how it does.

Remember to ma ma ma mask up if you go out to do the crowdy things please
Love, scriver~

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: June 05, 2020, 12:47:11 am »

Straight up I fully expected that link to be Poker Face due to the ma-ma-ma-ma and it was a trip to be reminded of M.A.S.K.! Do they know... command doesn't start with a K? M.A.S.K.! The things that they turn into, are worse than they were before!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: June 05, 2020, 02:14:29 am »

M.A.S.K.! Do they know... command doesn't start with a K? M.A.S.K.! The things that they turn into, are worse than they were before!

<I_understood_that_reference.jpg>
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: June 05, 2020, 02:57:57 am »

I know far too much about that series (from the time when it was just a comic), for my age.

All of the Vicious Evil Network Of Mayhem's vehicles were originally intended for the 'Kommand' before Miles stole them all. And the M.A.S.K. Masks tended towards ethereal effects (antigravity, sound, light, holograms, etc) while the V.E.N.O.M. Masks tended to be physical projectors (acid, knives, ball-bearings, etc), although there were exceptions (the token Native American who enrolled to the good guys at a later point, after using up most other cultural reference points, had... a Totem-Pole throwing Mask!).

Thank you for reminding me of somebody else's youth.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 03:00:26 am by Starver »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: June 05, 2020, 07:00:14 am »

I must admit I am highly jealous of the South European protests that managed to -- or at least made a basic attempt to -- mind social distancing. Sweden's protests didn't.
Hell, for what it's worth, from what I've noticed many of the protests here in the states tried to, as well. Usually right up until the chemical weapons and assault started coming at them, then things broke down a bit.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: June 05, 2020, 08:44:06 am »

Yeah the amerikan one's are excused because of that and also the closeness to the bone
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: June 05, 2020, 02:05:47 pm »

I don't know which parts of S.E. you mean, but here if there was social distancing in place was mostly because there weren't many people protesting in the first place...

Btw I heard there's a slight rebound ongoing in at least some places in the US?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: June 05, 2020, 02:14:01 pm »

I don't know which parts of S.E. you mean, but here if there was social distancing in place was mostly because there weren't many people protesting in the first place...

I saw the dutchmen post about Amsterdam
Love, scriver~

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: June 05, 2020, 02:25:56 pm »

The American south and parts of the midwest are seeing an increase in cases because they have been gung-ho about reopening even before the end of the first wave. Right now the cases coming in seem to be the folk infected during Memorial Day activities.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: June 05, 2020, 02:40:54 pm »

You know you can't define southern Europe by "anything that's  south of Sweden" right 😜
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: June 05, 2020, 03:09:21 pm »

You know you can't define southern Europe by "anything that's  south of Sweden" right 😜

I do can and there's nothing you can do to stop me!

The only thing I can't do is figure out how to put a smiley in the post like that

Also this is literally how you define "northern Europe" yourself! 😜😜😜
Love, scriver~

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: June 05, 2020, 03:43:23 pm »

I mean, Scriver’s not wrong, Denmark notwithstanding.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: June 05, 2020, 05:15:48 pm »

Depending on where I am in the UK, Denmark (the bits I care about, i.e. Billund and... just Billund) is often more southerly than me.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 459