Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 477323 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: COVID-19: Super Stay Home Edition
« Reply #1590 on: March 24, 2020, 04:36:29 pm »

It's being used all over the world. Observational studies suggest it might improve outcomes. Few trials with an outcome, most of them small and not very good, and results vary.
Nonetheless odds are you'll get it if you're very sick and it's available. As offlabel compassionate use. It's not like we are swimming in options, and this one is more easily scalable than most
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: March 24, 2020, 05:09:38 pm »

Well that was new, just had a real life  guy on the tram going on about the covid / 5g wireless conspiracy theory I mentioned before, who then pulled a bible out, then said school lied to us,mentioned evolution is just a theory, and then launched into what is clearly his main schtick which was flat earth stuff. I'd had zero sleep do i was just 'OK', 'uhuh' etc until I could get away.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: March 24, 2020, 05:21:32 pm »

Well that was new, just had a real life  guy on the tram going on about the covid / 5g wireless conspiracy theory I mentioned before, who then pulled a bible out, then said school lied to us,mentioned evolution is just a theory, and then launched into what is clearly his main schtick which was flat earth stuff. I'd had zero sleep do i was just 'OK', 'uhuh' etc until I could get away.
Wow, that's just a conspiracy theory stack going on there.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: March 24, 2020, 05:40:08 pm »

See it's like Tetris, you get a combo bonus for putting them together
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: March 24, 2020, 05:42:06 pm »

Not sure if this is a thing everywhere, or just the US. Companies have been saying a lot of things that never break down in the sewer are flushable and/or safe for septic systems even when they aren't. Tampons, baby wipes, lysol wipes, etc. Even napkins and paper towels don't really break down well (go try do dissolve it in water in a glass, even stirring it).

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/21/us/flushable-wipes-clog.html

It's being used all over the world. Observational studies suggest it might improve outcomes. Few trials with an outcome, most of them small and not very good, and results vary.
Nonetheless odds are you'll get it if you're very sick and it's available. As offlabel compassionate use. It's not like we are swimming in options, and this one is more easily scalable than most

As long as they take a reasonable amount, and don't consume the similarly-named pool cleaner. It's...not as helpful that way.

Edit: Also, as it's not yet proven, it's not a good idea if you live in a backwards hellhole where medicine is already expensive, like the US.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 05:47:08 pm by Iduno »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: March 24, 2020, 06:06:59 pm »

Well shit is still being stocked at my local store.

Always hated living in the midwest for various reasons, but right now I think I couldn't be more thankful. We're dealing with the same stuff everyone else is: work stoppages, closures, panic shopping, and the actual virus. But the dial is turned way down for us versus others. I've always said Nebraska is an incredibly boring place to live; sometimes that's just what you want. I'm sure as things decline elsewhere in the US, we will eventually feel the effects here. It's just nice to be able to go shopping, expect to find nothing, and find about 90% of what you were looking for.

Carrots and potatoes however, good luck. Apparently root veggies were the first things to get snapped up, along with all the flour.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: March 24, 2020, 06:23:22 pm »

Infected/per/day are dropping in the Basque country... despite the infections in nursing homes, we're coming out of this. 😞
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: March 24, 2020, 06:38:28 pm »

Best DIY mask materials. I wouldn't have considered vacuum cleaner bags.

https://twitter.com/CMichaelGibson/status/1239718351573843973

Infected/per/day are dropping in the Basque country... despite the infections in nursing homes, we're coming out of this. 😞

For now. Sort of expecting a spike from people doing everything they want the second they're allowed to leave home.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: March 24, 2020, 06:43:15 pm »

How can you think you're infected if you have no symptoms?
Basically what you are saying is, everybody stay home, including doctors, supermarket workers etcetera, because you just *might* have corona even though you feel fine.
Yeah I'm literally saying that.

Also I just made up Johnny Applepox and I am proud of it.

Granted yes there are literally essential workers we need, but no, the vast majority of people are not in any way essential right now, and are far better served by not helping spread shit, freeze everything, give people money to stay home, carefully and slowly restart once we have it under some semblance of control.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 06:46:05 pm by Max™ »

mko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: March 24, 2020, 06:53:21 pm »

I'm beating myself up for believing him when he said everything was under control in early march.
I wonder how many deaths were caused by not cancelling 8th March marches.

In 1918 not cancelling parade in Philadelphia caused hundreds/thousands deaths.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: March 24, 2020, 07:25:06 pm »

I wonder how bad the spring outbreak kids are going to fuck shit up, we still got a week or so to fully appreciate what a fuckup that was.

Also, anybody else want to craft a plague doctor mask with vacuum bag filters in the nose so they can custom fit the head covering because normal masks won't fit over a full beard and suck my dick I'm not shaving my damn beard for a fucking pandemic, plus I like the idea of horrifying people from cultures where the masks are pure nightmare fuel because I'm an asshole.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: March 24, 2020, 07:28:26 pm »

What world is this? The NCAA tournament was cancelled.  I don't usually watch, but lots of people at work were complaining about it.  Or are you saying it should have been cancelled earlier?

Also, this quote from the governor of New York: "Probably 'hundreds of thousands of people' have already had Covid-19, didn't know they had it, and recovered. Should be tested for antibodies so they could go back to work and keep the economy going"

If we really have "hundreds of thousands" already had it and recovered, without being tested...  >:(
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: March 24, 2020, 07:28:30 pm »

Best DIY mask materials. I wouldn't have considered vacuum cleaner bags.

https://twitter.com/CMichaelGibson/status/1239718351573843973

For now. Sort of expecting a spike from people doing everything they want the second they're allowed to leave home.
Well they aren't. Strict quarantines are still in place.

I dont think we're going back to normal after this either. Some restrictions might be loosened up. But I doubt there will be any major mass event until a vaccine is developed.
ASCO was already cancelled in favor of an online congress. I expect everyone else to follow suit soon.

I also expect close monitoring. The Basque goverment is going to distribute the Korean app.  Really I think they were trying to follow the Korean model from the start with intensive testing. But then Vitoria exploded and they ran out of tests :(

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: March 24, 2020, 07:34:44 pm »

I'm beating myself up for believing him when he said everything was under control in early march.
I wonder how many deaths were caused by not cancelling 8th March marches.

In 1918 not cancelling parade in Philadelphia caused hundreds/thousands deaths.
Everyone in the country is wondering about that. 😡
I think we'd have covid anyway. But nowhere near this much. If alongside the parades restrictions had been put in place before that weekend, we might be out of quarantine already, sans several thousand dead.

Really, I have no words about how angry that makes me as well. The left wing party Podemos *wanted* to have their feminist rally, no matter what. The alt-right VOX *wanted* to do their antifeminist rally, no matter what.

And the f***ing goverment, THE ONES WHO ACTUALLY COULD HAVE STOPPED BOTH RALLIES, decides to roll with it instead. And lets not kid ourselves they didnt give a shit about VOX fascist rally, but they needed Podemos to keep their coalition goverment going. And they obviously couldn't ban one and not the other. And besides, what about sport matches? That's important too.

So they let a double clusterfuck happen because they were too spineless to make an urgent decision when it needed to be done 🤦🏻‍♂️

Really, the only reason the central goverment reacted when it did was because the Basque and Catalonian goverments were taking steps to start their own lockdowns.

Seriously is there any wonder why we want as little to do with the goverment in Madrid as possible?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 07:37:47 pm by ChairmanPoo »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: March 24, 2020, 07:42:34 pm »

Meanwhile in the US we're on a countdown to see whether Trump is properly chastened (hah!) by the results of spring outbreak--which is what I predict it will be called after we realize we should have canceled that shit sooner--or if he gets his way and starts trying to trigger a restart of the economy while encouraging people to go mingle again in two weeks.

I was explaining to the missus how I'm still grateful he's such a stupid fucking moron, because he's shown clear admiration for strongman leader types, because if he wasn't so unlikeable, so allergic to expertise, so incapable of leadership, so inexperienced at governing, and so utterly certain anyone who feels as I do must be wrong... he could have made an alarming amount of progress towards installing himself as a more enduring fixture because by and large our defense against presidents trying that has been that you'd have to be absolutely despicable and impossibly corrupt to even consider it seriously given how much disrespect it entails for the office itself so we just elected people who respected the office... until Trump.

I mean, even Nixon had some respect for it, the sense that part of his legacy would be the condition he left it in for his successors, none of which Trump has.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 459