Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 475604 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: SARS-Cov-2: SARS Harder
« Reply #660 on: March 10, 2020, 08:28:16 am »

I was just coming here to post that same idea. If Trump says he's never been tested then he probably gets tests 3 times a day, and that's how he "knows so much about this" as those doctors apparently said.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 10, 2020, 08:59:19 am »

Trump is a germaphobe, but he's also irrational and doesn't believe in scientific rigor. That's why he lives off of fast food even though it's probably more likely to harm him.  His idea of effective containment is closing the borders and shooting quarantine breakers. Nothing else, just that.

It is entirely possible that he really isn't being tested, especially given the chop job he worked on the White House medical staff. Try to imagine Donald Trump dutifully obeying inconvenient orders from a doctor that are any more complex than "take these pills, but not all at the same time".
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 09:00:50 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 10, 2020, 09:13:42 am »

To be both a germaphobe AND eat McDonalds you have to have less brain cells than your average hamburger.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 10, 2020, 09:20:38 am »

To be both a germaphobe AND eat McDonalds you have to have less brain cells than your average hamburger.

He thinks that because they're consistent, that they are consistently good. Despite having eaten the "food" there. It's food made by people who are underpaid, and yelled at all of the time. You getting sick makes their lives easier.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 10, 2020, 09:24:23 am »

His idea of effective containment is closing the borders...
Well at least that makes sense since corona is produced in Mexico
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 10, 2020, 12:05:43 pm »

How was it like when the H1N1 took place in 2009, compared to SARS and now COVID19?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 10, 2020, 12:18:03 pm »

I was visiting my brother over the weekend and now I'm feeling a bit ill, I'm not very good at convincing myself it's not Raven Flu
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 10, 2020, 12:24:04 pm »

Our insurance sent out a notice today that 100% of the costs of Covid testing will be covered.

Comforting except for the fact that there is a shortage of test kits. :|
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 10, 2020, 12:27:09 pm »

It's nice If you have insurance, anyway. Any news on if the obscene testing costs for the U.S. tests have gone down or not?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 10, 2020, 12:31:40 pm »

It's nice If you have insurance, anyway. Any news on if the obscene testing costs for the U.S. tests have gone down or not?

They ran out of tests, so they will charge you less when you go in for testing. Obviously they'll still charge you, because it's your fault they didn't tell you they ran out, but it will be less than if they had a test to administer.

Also, hoarding:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 10, 2020, 03:57:33 pm »

Phone is an often neglected hygiene hazard. So are wallet and keys.

Cash.  Seriously.  Recommendation is to pay electronically when/wherever possible.

(For the deniers and tobacco lobbyists: https://www.businessinsider.com.au/cash-could-spread-coronavirus-warns-world-health-organization-2020-3?op=1&r=US&IR=T)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 10, 2020, 04:02:11 pm »

Just curious why you mentioned tobacco lobbyists there. Smokers typically don't go halfsies on their cigarettes, just like you wouldn't go round robin halfsies on a bottle of water or a sandwich.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 10, 2020, 04:09:51 pm »

Because of their use of the fact that there is no proof that smoking causes cancer.  (Hence the proximity to 'deniers' which is shorthand for a couple of other things, one contemporary and one from mid-last century.)

Additionally I'm not sure I agree with the halfsies, in certain cultures/geographies 'bumming a drag' is pretty par for the course, complete with saliva transfer.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 10, 2020, 04:49:50 pm »

My insurance also sent a similar email, but you have to read the fine print: "The costs of office visits, ER stays, [some other thingy], will not be covered, only the test"
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 10, 2020, 06:43:56 pm »

While I actually do know someone with a meat allergy, anti-vax stances are something I don't support. :(
Being an anti-vax moron makes me suspect she's lying about meat allergies to be a vegan snowflake on top of it, and none of those things makes me think casual visits with her children are smart during any sort of outbreak, but here we are.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 459