Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 475852 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: SARS-Cov-2: SARS Harder
« Reply #556 on: March 07, 2020, 06:17:33 pm »

First case in Washington DC.
Let’s see if the government changes its time now that the virus is at its doorstep
Who am I kidding, they’ll just keep on saying ‘the risk to the public remains low’
Meanwhile, apparently the CDC has decided to throw their hands up in the Seattle area and say that the virus is now endemic there.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 07, 2020, 06:23:35 pm »

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: March 07, 2020, 06:26:00 pm »

The best bit is this:

ACU assured that the patient did not make contact with President Trump or Vice President Mike Pence, and never attended the events in the main hall. However, the organization did not provide any other details about the patient or what events at the conference they attended.

Make sure not to mention where they actually went or people may panic and demand to be tested, and a rush of CPAC attendees to be tested would be a bad look for the the President.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 07, 2020, 06:29:20 pm »

We can only hope that some asymptomatic White House staffer is currently carrying the salvation of America in his lungs.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: March 07, 2020, 07:18:18 pm »

BTW: In Spain we had a number of smaller outbreaks that were more or less controlled... and then there was a huge one this week after a massive infection in a Roma Gypsy funeral, which was further compounded by the attendants refusing to quarantine themselves. Last news we have is that some have been forcefully quarantined in an apartment block, while a couple are still on the run.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 07, 2020, 07:23:42 pm »

We can only hope that some asymptomatic White House staffer is currently carrying the salvation of America in his lungs.

Trump IS within the most at-risk age group...but his very wonderful doctor says that Trump is the healthiest president ever, so he'll probably be fine.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: March 07, 2020, 07:38:38 pm »

On a positive note, the city I was living in now has zero active cases of Covid19. 53 infected, 53 recovered.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 08, 2020, 05:28:24 am »

BTW: In Spain we had a number of smaller outbreaks that were more or less controlled... and then there was a huge one this week after a massive infection in a Roma Gypsy funeral, which was further compounded by the attendants refusing to quarantine themselves. Last news we have is that some have been forcefully quarantined in an apartment block, while a couple are still on the run.

Update: as they kept refusing to stay quarantined, the goverment ended up deploying the special forces (GAR) to the area
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 08, 2020, 05:51:39 am »

WaPo headline: "Trump ‘didn’t know people died from the flu.’ It killed his grandfather"

Here's a non-paywalled copy
https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/world/donald-trump-didnt-know-people-died-from-the-flu-it-killed-his-grandfather/

Oh man the comedy gold never ends.

At the same news conference Friday where Trump appeared unaware of his grandfather's cause of death, he cited another family member - a "super-genius uncle," his grandfather's youngest son - as having given him the family genes to understand the science of the coronavirus outbreak.

"People are really surprised I understand this stuff," he said. "Every one of these doctors said, 'How do you know so much about this?' Maybe I have a natural ability."

I'd say he has a natural ability at lying.

As for the coronavirus, I have a theory that the numbers of deaths attributable to the virus are highly under-estimated, but they're hidden in the influenza deaths. But here's the catch: influenza deaths are also down because people are taking precautions against the coronavirus. So, what could well happen is this stuff festers until next winter, then you got a big breakout happening, since people won't stay in over-self-protection mode forever.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 05:56:45 am by Reelya »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 08, 2020, 05:55:11 am »

I'd say he has a natural ability at lying.
That's the super power of every politician, just some are more skilled with its use than others.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 08, 2020, 05:58:51 am »

Italy just ordered 16 million people (one quarter of the national population) to go into home quarantine.
The entire Lombardy region, and 14 provinces in the north have been locked down.
Travelling in and out of the quarantine regions is also forbidden.
The lockdown will last until at least the 3d of april.
All political parties, including the opposition unanimously decreed this has to be done, to protect the vulnerable south.Italy's economy is expected to come to a full stop this coming month.

Additionally, supermarkets will have shorter opening hours starting today, pubs and bars will be closed unless they can guarantuee a minimum distance of 1m between their customers, all schools, gyms, universities, movie theatres, musea, ski areas and sports stadiums are closed.
Weddings and funerals are also forbidden.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 06:28:58 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 08, 2020, 06:07:27 am »

Now you'd wish you got in first with that toilet-paper stockpiling thing.

Just kidding, the idiots who only bought toilet paper will be wondering what boiled toilet paper tastes like.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 08, 2020, 06:14:46 am »

The extreme measures were decided upon when the number of infections increased by 1100 in the past 24h.
Even though the incubation time is about 14 days, and 14 days ago Italy started taking serious preventive measures, the disease spread keeps increasing exponentially.
Friday, 600 new cases were reported, saturday, 1100.
The leader of Italy's governing party PD, Nicola Zingoretti, has also been tested positive for the virus yesterday.
He left the signing of the quarantine decree to the minister of cultural affairs because of this.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 06:16:27 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 08, 2020, 06:53:41 am »

Projected headlines of the soon future: Italy surrenders to the virus, joins Corona's side in surprise attack on Germany
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 459