Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120111 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1665 on: April 17, 2020, 06:00:23 am »

"Oh man its a ghost, I was hoping for a live one."
Burt then tried to make the weasel do something, and then tried to see if he could get it to talk or at least make a bunch of noise, and finally he tried to see if he could command it to explode or something.

[Roll: 6/20]

Burt tries to gesture to the weasel to do something, but the illusory creature just tilts its head in confusion, and goes on doing its own thing, running and hopping around.

[Roll: 10/20]

Burt tries talking to it to get it to talk or communicate back somehow. The weasel listens to Burt and replies with a squeak, then quickly returns to its own activities.

[Roll: 9/20]

Burt tries commanding it to explode. The weasel becomes confused for a moment and then evaporates into a puff of translucent blue smoke. Not much of an explosion, but the creature is unsummoned.

[Burt gains experience in Summoning Magic; now at 60% to next level]

Seems that meeting matter about Linea's case. Laemmle wave her hand on Linea and go outside for the preparation.

She consult the blacksmith, looking for new stuffs.

"'lo there, glad you're interested in our wares!" The blacksmith greets Laemmle. "Materials and supplies have been short as of lately, due to all the creature attacks, but feel free to look around." Shop link

"The pike is a new item we just finished makin' earlier today. One o' your adventurin' companions sold us some iron, so we went ahead and made use of it. We'd be glad to do the same with any other materials yous'all can bring us."
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: April 17, 2020, 06:23:16 am »

"I'll take one flintlock please and enough amount of it's ammo." Laemmle replied to the blacksmith.

She give the shopper 15g.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: April 17, 2020, 06:29:23 am »

Linea stepped closer to the mayor's desk and flip it in a tranquil, yet discernable rage.

"Four agents. Four goddamn agents have been here for at least two days. We asked your people, we gathered information and it was apparently for a useless cause because you and your citizens were hiding something from us!  WE ARE HERE TO HELP mister mayor, why didn't you tell me, or my friends earlier?"

Linea took a deep, careful sigh before concluding. "So now you want us to get the bottom of this because you are desperate, huh? Thinking that we are the only chance to rescue your son? And we are expendable if something goes wrong? Don't worry, if he is still alive we will bring him back, even if my missing team isn't as lucky as him.

Linea stared at the window, then back to the mayor.

"With one additional condition."

The mayor shrinks away as Linea flips flips the table and lets loose her tirade. He begins stammering but is unable to interject while Linea is speaking.

Linea hated waiting. So she decided to be upfront with her proposition. "I want you to keep an eye on one of my agents. He is currently in the company of a girl named Little Sally, gathering information about her."

"It was strange that nobody in this town seemed to be... disturbed or bothered by her presence. Like she never exisetd at all. Mister Mayor, I don't think that would be normal for a little girl to have a deep connection with the black market syndicates. Is there anything you want to inform me about this Sally character?

"I-I-it's only fair I think, I'll help you out. I'll have my men keep a watch on the girl and your man. But I don't know about much about her, really! I can tell you she first appeared three months ago, after the animal attacks had started. Some villagers blamed her for the attacks, putting two and two together and tried to evict her from the village but... I will put it this way, you will be better off not angering her or the behemoth that follows her around. The other villagers keep their distance from her so I don't know if they can help you out either. However..."

The mayor pauses, trying to carefully gauge Linea's reaction.

"I know where she lives... I could tell you more once you come back."

Dularach tilts his head slightly to the right
"well miss Flo, i was wondering if i could learn more shape-shifting, since it would help with me being able to approach people better, on another note are you from a yokai clan?"

Flo adjusts her glasses and strums her fingers along her folded arm.

"Shape-shifting huh? Well yes, you could learn a Transmogrification spell. There's also animistic forms each with their own abilities, and Druids can imbue the spirit of the wilderness, changing shape in the process. I think Jack was interested in Druidry, he took a book on it. But anyway if you're interested in learning magic and strengthening them over time, I can draw up a list of books that might interest you. The books can be borrowed from the library for free, as long as you return them in acceptable condition."

"But if you only want to change forms to alter your appearance I would recommend brewing a potion instead. It won't boost your magic abilities, but you can freely switch between forms for an entire day and it need you to endlessly reapply the spell on yourself, exhausting all your magical energies."

"Um, I don't what those are. I'm not from any clan I think. Is that what you are?"
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 07:19:33 am by Frank »
:-(

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: April 17, 2020, 07:42:20 am »

"Not quite what I was expecting but its a start."
Burt then tried to summon another weasel, but this time tried to summon a real one and tried to see if he could actually command it to do something.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: April 17, 2020, 07:44:37 am »

"I-I-it's only fair I think, I'll help you out. I'll have my men keep a watch on the girl and your man. But I don't know about much about her, really! I can tell you she first appeared three months ago, after the animal attacks had started. Some villagers blamed her for the attacks, putting two and two together and tried to evict her from the village but... I will put it this way, you will be better off not angering her or the behemoth that follows her around. The other villagers keep their distance from her so I don't know if they can help you out either. However..."

The mayor pauses, trying to carefully gauge Linea's reaction.

"I know where she lives... I could tell you more once you come back."

"I don't think you are in a position to negotiate here, Mr Mayor." Linea retorted sharply. "Half of the information you provided is outdated at best and you need our assistance to rescue your son more than us needing the inadequate pointers you just uttered. Regardless, I will know it one way or another."

"What about the guild? Do they aware of her presence?"

Linea paused, looking again at the window before cursing all of sudden. "Damn bureaucrats and their red tapes! They hired us and you know that. Why don't you involve them in this meeting?!"

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: April 17, 2020, 08:04:39 am »

"I don't think you are in a position to negotiate here, Mr Mayor." Linea retorted sharply. "Half of the information you provided is outdated at best and you need our assistance to rescue your son more than us needing the inadequate pointers you just uttered. Regardless, I will know it one way or another."

Linea paused, looking again at the window before cursing all of sudden. "Damn bureaucrats and their red tapes! They hired us and you know that. Why don't you involve them in this meeting?!"

"I have my reasons for not involving the guild, the adventuring company. They arrived an year ago but  have kept to their business, setting up operations and scouting out the local area. It would've been good for the village once the adventurer's guild took off but you should already know about the strange things kept happening... soldiers abducted by monsters, animal attacks. I don't know if the little girl, if Sally is linked to it but there's just too many odd things going on all at once. This village isn't big or rich, I don't have the things I need to handle it all on my own. I've mostly let the guild organize the defense while the animal attacks are going on but I have my suspicions about what's... and if my boy is taken then I don't know what..."

The mayor breaks off, taking out his handkerchief and wiping his face again, his body trembling slightly.
:-(

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: April 17, 2020, 08:17:02 am »

Doctor Doak goes out into the forest and practices using nature magic to have plants aid him in combat situations; entangling things with roots, using flora to create cover, that kinda nonsense.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: April 17, 2020, 08:19:18 am »

Reeta decides it would be better to let Lucy do his thing, and went to the blacksmith

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: April 17, 2020, 08:32:22 am »

"I have my reasons for not involving the guild, the adventuring company. They arrived an year ago but  have kept to their business, setting up operations and scouting out the local area. It would've been good for the village once the adventurer's guild took off but you should already know about the strange things kept happening... soldiers abducted by monsters, animal attacks. I don't know if the little girl, if Sally is linked to it but there's just too many odd things going on all at once. This village isn't big or rich, I don't have the things I need to handle it all on my own. I've mostly let the guild organize the defense while the animal attacks are going on but I have my suspicions about what's... and if my boy is taken then I don't know what..."

The mayor breaks off, taking out his handkerchief and wiping his face again, his body trembling slightly.
"So, there is a non-governmental organization and a black market syndicate working IN your village and they are bigger and have more power than YOU as the official representative of the government? This is ridiculous! I wonder what the higher ups in the capital would have to say if they know this mess."

Linea could go on with telling him that the monarchs in the capital might have already got a wind of what happened in this village and sent Edwarg to investigate, but something told her withholding such information would be the best course of action.

"But that's none of my business." she heaved. "I think we have nothing else to say, Mr. Mayor, we will depart as soon as possible. You can contact my man to provide any assistance he needed. His name is Sven, he usually hangs out in the inn."

After saying that, Linea exited the room and regroup with Edwarg and the others 

« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 08:38:53 am by Slyph »

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: April 17, 2020, 08:53:39 am »

Throughout all of that, Dixie just sat on a corner, smiling as the feisty white-haired beauty did her thing. After she left, she just stood up and commented, "She's fun."

Picking up her bag and putting it on, Dixie then left without a last greeting, following Linea to meet the rest.
I have a YouTube channel.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: April 17, 2020, 09:23:22 am »

"I'll take one flintlock please and enough amount of it's ammo." Laemmle replied to the blacksmith.

She give the shopper 15g.

The blacksmith is a bit surprised by the somewhat large purchase, but is not about to complain about making sales.

"Sure thing miss, here ye go."

[Laemmle receives Flintlock]
[Laemmle receives Smoothbore Rounds x96]
[Laemmle loses 15g]

"Not quite what I was expecting but its a start."
Burt then tried to summon another weasel, but this time tried to summon a real one and tried to see if he could actually command it to do something.

[Roll: 8/20]

Burt summons another weasel, however it's an incorporeal one again. The transparency looks a bit more opaque this time though.

[Roll: 5/20]

He tries to command it, but isn't very successful, as the creature notices him for a moment before it starts running and jumping all over the place again.

[Burt receives further experience in Summoning Magic; now at 90% to next level]

Doctor Doak goes out into the forest and practices using nature magic to have plants aid him in combat situations; entangling things with roots, using flora to create cover, that kinda nonsense.

Doctor Doak enters the edge of the forest and starts practicing various magics he learned about in the books.

[Roll: 17/20]

He finds a rock and tries to have roots come out of the ground to entangle the rock. Roots soon emerge from the ground, wrapping themselves around their target. However the roots look to be fairly thin and easy to break through as the rock breaks free and escapes.

[Doctor Doak learns the spell Minor Entangling Roots]
[Doctor Doak has reached Nature Magic level 3!]

Reeta decides it would be better to let Lucy do his thing, and went to the blacksmith

As Reeta enters the smithy, the blacksmith looks to be handling a large purchase of ammunition from Laemmle. He soon greets her. "Mornin' Reeta. Anything I can help you with?"
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: April 17, 2020, 10:31:13 am »

"I have some ingredients for you when you are done with the sale"

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: April 17, 2020, 10:40:21 pm »

"well, miss flo i am a yokai, a type of supernatural entity, the type i am is called a tsuchigumo. i was hoping you would have something to allow me to shape-shfit into a human form, it was something i neglected to learn in my own clan and i was hoping that you would have something could the druid book thing help?"
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: April 18, 2020, 05:48:11 am »

"I have some ingredients for you when you are done with the sale"

"Oh ye do? That's marv'lous! We're just about finished here, come on over and show me."
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: April 18, 2020, 05:53:47 am »

Reeta walks up to Benuto and starts taking out the pixie bones while exposing how she got them
I had Slayer, the one in armor, come with me to the forest to look for ingredients. We were attacked by 4 pixies, Dixie apparently followed us without us knowing and helped kill one and take the other alive to Linea, one ran away, and Slayer killed the last one. These are bones from one of them, one of the bones seems to be glowing, maybe it’s some type of magic?
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 142