Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120204 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1470 on: April 08, 2020, 10:38:55 pm »

Mama was still grazing, and gave him an indignant sniff. Maybe he had made a mistake leaving without her? She was acting awfully moody lately.

Jack stowed the new books on the shelf at the far back end of his shack, then got back to work.  He figured that this recent situation with mama needed to be smoothed over sooner than later, even though he was very tired from doing this magical practice work all day.  He had a few windfall limbs left over from the house construction he did that morning, and he set to work hacking them up into 1 meter long sections, then bundling them together with cordage.  When he was done, he hoisted the cut limbs up over a shoulder, and carried them to the bath house, so he could soak them in water.

The sun was getting pretty low in the sky, and starting to cast languid shadows all over everything before he was satisfied with how much water they had absorbed, then huffing a bit while carrying them back, before setting them down at the base of the tree. Calmly but with purpose, he began making deep cuts into the saturated wood with the hatchet, then shoving mycelial impregnated woodchips from the previous jar experiment into them, along the lengths of the wooden limbs tied up in the bundle.

Satisfied with the work, he heaved a deep breath, sat the hatchet down, then leaned against the tree. He felt he might try killing two birds with one stone, metaphorically speaking;  He placed one hand on the trunk of the big tree, and the other on the tied up bundle of innoculated limbs, and attempted to draw, then direct, a trickle of energy from the tree, and into the limbs to encourage the mushroom to colonize, and fruit.

He really was hoping for enough to feed him and mama a nice dinner tonight.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: April 08, 2020, 10:49:14 pm »

Spoiler: Creepy girl (click to show/hide)
"I suppose I'll take this one." Dixie picks up the Ring of the Mimic, takes off her left-hand leather glove and puts it on her ring finger. She wasn't sure about the possibilities of this item yet, but she's sure it'd be handy to have. She wears back her leather glove.

"Thanks. What will you do with that creature?"
I have a YouTube channel.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: April 09, 2020, 04:48:15 am »

Laemmle memorized the features of the missing child and began drawing. After some time, it have a neat result.

She then roam to town and ask the townfolks with the drawing.

The town drunk squints at Laemmle's drawing.

"Tha's 'im 'right, owes me a drink. No wai' now."

He squints again.

"Issa laddy wen' missin', I dunnae 'bout him. Gimme a woom munn to pur leaker in mouth, not a boy..."

The drunk starts snoring.
:-(

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: April 09, 2020, 04:52:22 am »

Laemmle memorized the features of the missing child and began drawing. After some time, it have a neat result.

She then roam to town and ask the townfolks with the drawing.

Laemmle talks to Zara, one of the blacksmith's daughters.

"You're asking about Torren, right? Yeah I knew him, dude liked to hang out in the forest a lot, even when he knew it was dangerous. I wouldn't be surprised if the animals finally got him."

She sighs.

"Good luck finding him though, I do hope he's alright."
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: April 09, 2020, 05:46:22 am »

”Alright, let’s head Northeast next. I heard the tower was northwest, so I’m wondering what we’ll find northeast. Here’s your switchblade back”
Reeta gives GSH his switchblade and goes NE

The slayer took his switchblade and sheathed it back to its scabbard, and silently follows the plant girl NE.

GSH follows Reeta

Spoiler: World Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Area Map (click to show/hide)

Reeta and GSH travel northeast, soon reaching a shallow river running north-west. Crossing the river seems possible on foot, but not without getting wet in the somewhat muddy-looking waters.

Without crossing the river, they would need to either turn back, or go north-west or south-east along the river.

Meanwhile, in the village...

Mama was still grazing, and gave him an indignant sniff. Maybe he had made a mistake leaving without her? She was acting awfully moody lately.

Jack stowed the new books on the shelf at the far back end of his shack, then got back to work.  He figured that this recent situation with mama needed to be smoothed over sooner than later, even though he was very tired from doing this magical practice work all day.  He had a few windfall limbs left over from the house construction he did that morning, and he set to work hacking them up into 1 meter long sections, then bundling them together with cordage.  When he was done, he hoisted the cut limbs up over a shoulder, and carried them to the bath house, so he could soak them in water.

The sun was getting pretty low in the sky, and starting to cast languid shadows all over everything before he was satisfied with how much water they had absorbed, then huffing a bit while carrying them back, before setting them down at the base of the tree. Calmly but with purpose, he began making deep cuts into the saturated wood with the hatchet, then shoving mycelial impregnated woodchips from the previous jar experiment into them, along the lengths of the wooden limbs tied up in the bundle.

Satisfied with the work, he heaved a deep breath, sat the hatchet down, then leaned against the tree. He felt he might try killing two birds with one stone, metaphorically speaking;  He placed one hand on the trunk of the big tree, and the other on the tied up bundle of innoculated limbs, and attempted to draw, then direct, a trickle of energy from the tree, and into the limbs to encourage the mushroom to colonize, and fruit.

He really was hoping for enough to feed him and mama a nice dinner tonight.

[Roll: 8/20]

Jack is able to draw only small amounts of energy from the tree and repurpose it into cultivating the mushrooms. It seems he's not quite used to the technique of drawing mana from plants yet. Despite that, he's still able to make a few mushrooms grow to a medium size via his experience with casting fungus growth.

Jack gains some experience using Nature Magic (90% to leveling up).
Jack gains 2 fatigue from casting Minor Fungus Growth and 5 fatigue from drawing mana from the tree.

Spoiler: Creepy girl (click to show/hide)
"I suppose I'll take this one." Dixie picks up the Ring of the Mimic, takes off her left-hand leather glove and puts it on her ring finger. She wasn't sure about the possibilities of this item yet, but she's sure it'd be handy to have. She wears back her leather glove.

"Thanks. What will you do with that creature?"

[Dixie obtains Ring of the Mimic]

"Marvelous choice, adventurer. I do enjoy the fruits of beguilement myself." The creepy girl puts the coin away.

"Why I'll play with the creature, of course. They're so very fun to play with! I can hardly wait for it to wake up!"

She then starts to leave, gesturing to the masked hunk to follow, and then turns to Dixie. "You've done well, adventurer. I may have further tasks for you in the future, should you wish to aid a helpless little girl again." The two then head down the village street, disappearing around a corner.
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: April 09, 2020, 06:11:11 am »

”we could either go across the river or go northwest or southeast to find a way across. What do you think? Or do you not have a preference?”

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: April 09, 2020, 06:19:52 am »

Strange. That's the one word resounding in Dixie's head after dealing with the creepy girl. Supposing she's had her fill of weird, she set to go to the inn, looking for Linea.

If Linea's not there, she'd ask the bartender. "Hey, have you seen Linea around? Also, I'd have a glass of water. I've been walking for hours."
I have a YouTube channel.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: April 09, 2020, 06:34:44 am »

”if you don’t have a preference, it looks like we can just go across the river here”

Reeta tries walking across the river

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: April 09, 2020, 08:40:01 am »

Laemmle proceed to the Inn. Looking for the party members for her current active party from her recent party.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: April 09, 2020, 08:47:19 am »

Jack frowned.  While it had technically worked, it was more work than it needed to be, and he really just needed lots of mushrooms, so he could go barter them before the shops all closed.

He bit his lower lip, and just went at it, supplying all the needed energy himself.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: April 09, 2020, 06:46:18 pm »

"So I could summon an army of weasels and become the weasel master or something, that sounds awesome can I take that book as well?"
Take the summoning book as well if allowed.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: April 09, 2020, 06:59:16 pm »

”if you don’t have a preference, it looks like we can just go across the river here”

Reeta tries walking across the river

[Roll: 1/20]

Reeta starts walking across the river, when suddenly a suction force of some sort beneath the water traps her feet, making it difficult for her to move how she wants. If it weren't for her No-Trip Boots, she would probably have fallen into the water.

Furthermore, she seems to be slowly getting sucked into the riverbed by whatever force is pulling on her from underneath!

Spoiler: Area Map (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile, back at the village...

Jack frowned.  While it had technically worked, it was more work than it needed to be, and he really just needed lots of mushrooms, so he could go barter them before the shops all closed.

He bit his lower lip, and just went at it, supplying all the needed energy himself.

[Roll: 20/20]

Determined, Jack puts all his energy and focus into channeling mana into the mushrooms. An unexpectedly massive outpour of mana bathes the mushrooms, causing them to rapidly grow to enormous size.

[Jack gains a large amount of Nature Magic experience, his level increasing from 1 to 3.]
[Jack learns the spell Draw Minor Mana Well]
[Jack learns the spell Major Fungus Growth]
[Jack gains 25 Fatigue from the endeavor and is exhausted for the time being]

There are now several enormous mushrooms near Jack's house, each one nearly the size of Mama.
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: April 09, 2020, 07:03:45 pm »

”Slayer, something caught me in the river!”
Shoot an arrow into the water, hopefully hitting whatever it is that’s keeping me here

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: April 09, 2020, 09:07:37 pm »

Jack blinked, then boggled at what had just happened.

Giddy, (and light headed), he picked an entire basket full of the unusually large edibles, snatches up his knapsack, then half-stumbled to the inn.  The innkeeper was his first potential customer this evening.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: April 09, 2020, 10:23:03 pm »

”Slayer, something caught me in the river!”
Shoot an arrow into the water, hopefully hitting whatever it is that’s keeping me here
The slayer treads lightly into the shallow waters and moved towards the plant lady in distress.

"I hope I won't cut your roots." The slayer revealed his greatsword and striked downward to the whirlpool that is forming underneath Reeta.

GSH moves towards Reeta, GSH attacks whatever sucking Reeta

"Try to grab hold!" The slayer yelled, trying to get his message across to the panicking plant lady amidst the noisy shallow river.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 142