Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120304 times)

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1350 on: March 26, 2020, 07:04:54 am »

Dixie crouches near the helmet that's seemingly converted into a furnace.

"That's so cool..." she commented. She then glanced at Linea. "I can't tell how it smells right now. How're you feeling?"

"I was expecting some pitiful maggots squirming out when I started the fire. Huh, but I think this is... good enough." Linea prodded the horn that seemed to be intact, albeit covered in soot like the other parts of the helmet and then snag her arrow between the gaps on the visor.

"Let's go."

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: March 26, 2020, 08:48:28 am »

"Hm? Where?"

Dixie picks up the helmet-- actually wait no, she slams it on the ground to shake off the ashes, then shakes it further to get rid of the stuff inside of it-- then follows Linea to...?
I have a YouTube channel.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: March 26, 2020, 09:18:13 am »

"Back to the inn if you still want to tag along."

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: March 26, 2020, 09:26:44 pm »

"Oh, no, wait, I'll just give these stuff back to Edwarg. I'll be back in a bit though."

Dixie heads to the shrine, sterilising the Greenskins' Holocaust's sword with fire on the way.

"Oh, hello. Orc man. Luce. I'll just drop these here." She then places the Greenskins' Holocaust's helmet and sword beside the foot of a chair nearest the orc, then jogs back to the inn.
I have a YouTube channel.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: March 27, 2020, 02:43:58 am »

It took Jack the rest of the morning and a few hours of the afternoon to strip & process nettles for cordage, then get the roof of the shack made. The sun was not yet terribly low in the sky; about the same time they had arrived in town the day before. Mama had been curiously watching him work the whole time, while lazily grazing and sunning herself, but as the roof went up, her opinions of his being silly for picking this spot began to diminish. He knew, because he had been asking her opinion on things as he was working.

He sat down against the tree he had used at the upright support for his central roof beam, lazily stroking mama on her fat tummy while looking through the first book in the series had had borrowed from the library.  The material was terribly dry, but full of simple exercises to try and get used to manipulating one's "Internal energy reserves", to guide it for doing tasks.  The first few chapters he had read were all about breathing, posture, and mindset and were not that entertaining at all-- some even seemed outright comical, and he would occasionally share the more hilarious bits with his ursine companion.

More than anything, she was interested in the 'concept' of books; Recording a visual representation of sounds, which were themselves representations of thoughts and concepts.  She wondered how 2 legged things managed all the representations of representations, and still keep their thoughts straight-- even made a few wry implications that this was why 2 legged things were so crazy all the time, and always overthinking everything. (like building that 'den', when he could have just dug out a nice deep hole, and been done hours ago.) Despite the jokes though, she still wondered about how the very idea of such a thing could have gotten started, and was secretly proud of Jack for making such a very comfortable and easily accessible all-weather bed. (She had tried it out after he had filled the dug-out space inside full of dry leaves, and found it very enjoyable and secure feeling.)

While Mama had been snacking all day, he had eaten nothing at all this whole time, and his stomach was growling at him like an angry animal. He looked into his bag, and counted the 3 gold coins he had remaining, and grimaced, then started thumbing through the book he had been reading, thumbing for sections on actually working with plants. He knew mushrooms grew quickly on their own anyway-- popping up in just a day or two after a good heavy rain-- perhaps something like that could be done, even if he was working out-of-order that was intended with the treatises he was reading.

Picking the book up again, he thumbed through the first book, then the second...  It was in the second that he found what he was looking for; a whole chapter on mycology and fungus.  It was actually a very fascinating read, but he was getting hungrier the longer he read. Apparently, the mushroom itself was just the part that makes a fine particulate dust, which is what what the actual mushroom-- a sprawling tangle of white fibers that works its way into leaves or dead wood-- actually grows from.  The notion was fascinating to him, as it had numerous implications-- There was a whole section on collecting that dust, and inspecting it to identify the kind of mushroom properly, and general guidelines for assisting and manipulating their growth.   By then his stomach was threatening to eat his other internal organs, and then start devouring his spine if he did not feed it. The locals had been picking the local area of anything remotely usable for some time now, and there really wasn't much that as edible to a man like himself. Mama could get by on grasses and sedges this time of year, but he couldn't.   With renewed vigor and urgency of purpose, he rushed through the appropriate sections of both books,  trying his best to commit the information to memory.

The thought crossed his mind that he had plenty of wood chips on hand (from all the hatchet work he had been doing), and the inside of his bag would surely contain traces of those fine particles (since he had carried mushrooms in it to munch on, and share with mama while walking), so perhaps he could try to put this into practice.  It was a long shot, and there was always taking a bite of that special bread as an option, but he wanted to save that for true emergencies; He would rather take one of the gems he had grabbed from that drawer and set up a tab at the inn than break into the bread again.  He trudged to the bath-house, along with a few of his glass jars, washed them thoroughly, then filled them to the top and carried them back. He stuffed one of them with wood chips after shaking them around in his bag a fair bit, saturating them with water--

Then he bit his lower lip, felt like the biggest fool on the planet, and went through the directed routine.  Either this would work, and something perhaps edible would grow out of the top of the jar, or he would have to hawk one of the gems at the inn-- But he was gonna sure as hell try the free option first.

Taking a deep breath, he did his best.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: March 27, 2020, 04:34:45 am »

"I'm not the priest, so no worries."

The man lightly shut the book he's reading, rising up and dusted his lap. He looks genial, at a glance.

"How may I help you?"

"First, may I put him here?" said Edwarg, beckoning on nearby long bench, (or any elevated, flat surface for that matter)

"You might have noticed the smell, so I hope you don't mind me bringing him here. This gentleman had some mild fever and lethargy, and a severe issue with body hygiene." he cleared his throat before continuing rather reluctantly.

"Look, I am a medic man myself but I think healing magic would be much more of a help here rather than the conventional method. Purify him or whatever so he can sober up."
Lucy wordlessly approached, his calm visage cracking slightly at the slayer's current state. He grabbed a pair of gloves out of nowhere and snugly put them on, before starting to poke around.

"Peculiar. How are you even moving past few days? That's several years worth of growth."

He placed his bag on the side, never visibly carrying it the previous second, and turned to Edwarg.

"I'll have to sedate him and cleanse everything, unless you have other ideas?"

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: March 27, 2020, 06:24:07 am »

Lucy wordlessly approached, his calm visage cracking slightly at the slayer's current state. He grabbed a pair of gloves out of nowhere and snugly put them on, before starting to poke around.

"Peculiar. How are you even moving past few days? That's several years worth of growth."

He placed his bag on the side, never visibly carrying it the previous second, and turned to Edwarg.

"I'll have to sedate him and cleanse everything, unless you have other ideas?"

The orc sighed.

"I ain't his guardian, and that ain't my expertise. So good sir, I'll leave that to your judgment."

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: March 27, 2020, 10:42:38 am »

"Not quite sure what a  magical assessment is but its not why I'm here, I'm here because of this fruit book I found in the tower, apparently its missing some pages and its slightly magical and I was told you might be able to tell me something about it."
Burt then shows the librarian the fruit book.

Flo takes the fruit book and examines it.

"Yes, there's a trace of magic left on these pages. It's subtle, it must have been left there some time ago."

She flips through the pages, glancing at it at various angles.

"...Woodsy. Whoever owned this book was definitely a practitioner of magic, probably of the natural variety. Although, I can't get a good enough reading on who the owner might be, the essence is not quite strong enough. It's missing some pages you say? Perhaps if you find a missing page or two, I'll be able to get a better reading."

She hands the book back to Burt.

What the f-” he stands up suddenly.

The woman must have done something, there’s no way he could do magic. Unless the physical property of the world itself changes everything in it, but that doesn’t make sense and he couldn’t test it, having no way to leave yet.

He storms back to the library, testing theory number one.

What did you do to me? I did magic! I can’t be doing magic, I’m not from here!

Flo blinks confusedly at Doctor Doak.

"I didn't do anything to you, I only checked your mana reserves, which is something you had in abundance before coming here."

She crosses her arms.

"Magical ability isn't something I can just create within people at my whim, you know. Well, not for free, anyway..."

Laemmle proceed to ask around the for Side Quests, politely. Stacking any available.

Laemmle spends some time going around the village seeing if anyone needs help. First she meets an old man named Maus who can't seem to find his cat named Mocha. He'd be grateful if the critter were found and returned to him safely, as he hasn't been able to find her anywhere for a few days now.

He then meets the Oltwells, whose elder son has been missing for several days. The family has been desperately looking everywhere, to no avail. They also have a younger son, who due to the circumstances has been forbidden to leave the house.

Laemmle has only covered a few residences so far; there are plenty more places in the village to see if anyone else needs help.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: March 27, 2020, 11:07:53 am »

He trudged to the bath-house, along with a few of his glass jars, washed them thoroughly, then filled them to the top and carried them back. He stuffed one of them with wood chips after shaking them around in his bag a fair bit, saturating them with water--

Then he bit his lower lip, felt like the biggest fool on the planet, and went through the directed routine.  Either this would work, and something perhaps edible would grow out of the top of the jar, or he would have to hawk one of the gems at the inn-- But he was gonna sure as hell try the free option first.

Taking a deep breath, he did his best.

[Roll: 10/20]

Jack puts his hands to the jar, focusing and applying the techniques he learned from the magic books.

After several minutes of trying, he begins to feel a small amount of energy in his hands.

He then tries releasing the energy into the jar. It's an unfamiliar process, but he's able to do it slowly.

As he practices more, he starts getting a little bit better, but it's still rather difficult.

After some time, Jack looks at the jar, and sees that there are visible amounts of mycelium forming within it. Enough to feed a small family of bugs, perhaps.

Jack has gained some experience in performing Nature Magic (60% to leveling up Nature Magic skill)!
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: March 27, 2020, 01:25:48 pm »

What the f-” he stands up suddenly.

The woman must have done something, there’s no way he could do magic. Unless the physical property of the world itself changes everything in it, but that doesn’t make sense and he couldn’t test it, having no way to leave yet.

He storms back to the library, testing theory number one.

What did you do to me? I did magic! I can’t be doing magic, I’m not from here!

Flo blinks confusedly at Doctor Doak.

"I didn't do anything to you, I only checked your mana reserves, which is something you had in abundance before coming here."

She crosses her arms.

"Magical ability isn't something I can just create within people at my whim, you know. Well, not for free, anyway..."

Doctor Doak narrows his eyes at her. He couldn't be sure she was telling the truth or not, but it didn't really matter.

"Well then."

He backs out the door, looking at Flo until he is out, then hurries back to his room to resume his studies.

If nothing else, he'd learn where his newfound skills could take him.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: March 27, 2020, 11:49:21 pm »

Jack was pleased, but also disappointed with the results. 

Pleased that at least SOMETHING had started visibly growing in there, but disappointed about having to fork out coin for dinner. He muttered a few profanities to himself, nuzzled mama and asked her to just stay there sunning herself (as he would be back soon), then wandered to the apothecary shop to buy one of the picnic baskets-- He had enough gold for that, and the basket would be useful afterward.

The transaction was short and sweet, and he dug into a sandwich from the pack on the way back. Not surprising with the kind of shortages going on in the village, it was basically an egg and cress. He wasn't complaining though.  He felt he got a LOT more for the 1gc from that wandering merchant. Basket was still a useful item though.

He had snarfed down more than half the basket's contents on the way back, packing it away with gusto, before sitting down against the tree again, and sharing the remainder with mama. She was a little put off that he had wolfed down so much before sharing, but did not press the issue. Egg and cress was a lot tastier than the sedges she had been snacking on all day.

Jack munched on his remaining portion, and resolved to keep up his efforts. He was gonna have mushrooms out of that jar today even if it knocked him out trying.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: March 28, 2020, 02:31:49 am »

The orc sighed.

"I ain't his guardian, and that ain't my expertise. So good sir, I'll leave that to your judgment."
"Very well, make sure I'm not interrupted for the next hour or so."

With that Lucy tuned out the orc, taking the long silver needle from his bag. Behind the neck it went, the magic flowed in and knocked the slayer completely unconscious. Leaving it in there, he switched his attention to the armor and slowly waved his hands over the connections. Grinding sound echoed, several years worth of rust and dirt forced to part, straps and bolts coming undone. With a flick the pieces clattered on the floor, forming a messy pile.

Clicking his tongue in disapproval, Lucy waved over again and shred the nasty underclothes and left his patient nude - though with the overgrowth of hair and piling dirt, it wasn't easy to spot the skin. The next wave magically shaved the man, from top to toe, all the scrap of clothes and hair gathering on a tiny ball of flame floating nearby.

The next phase was a very slow scan, grey light flowing out of Lucy's hands as it steadily made its way through the slayer's body. He looked more and more perplexed with every passing second, especially during the passover through the abdomen.

"How are you still alive?"

Muttering lightly, he began to split open the slayer.

"I believe this man might be the liveliest lump of grievous injury I've ever seen. All his internal organ were damaged at different points, repeatedly, and some of those never truly heal. They're so full of scarring that it should've stopped functioning entirely, yet they still stubbornly keep on operating. The stabbing wound on the heart, in particular, should've killed him then and there. There's also abcesses everywhere, parasites, and broken bones that healed wrong. All in all? Those are stuff I'd expect from an autopsy. I'm a bit amazed."

A few hours later, Lucy could be found talking with Edwarg next to the still unconscious, completely nude and hairless, but otherwise healthy slayer.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: March 28, 2020, 03:26:18 am »

Snipperino
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 04:22:10 am by invul_nerable »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: March 28, 2020, 07:10:29 am »

Reeta tries to be as quiet as possible when walking towards Lucy and Snewden. ”Lucy, that was amazing, how you took apart and put together a living creature without killing it. How long have you been practicing magic?”
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 08:43:08 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: March 28, 2020, 08:38:54 am »

Back to Linea, the grumpy CSA agent was busy carrying a bucket of water while the other two agents, Barnes and Sven were enslaved to scrub the floor clean.

Yes, she knew the old Jack had attempted to clean the floor with whatever method he could utilize, but the smell, although faint and quite disturbing only if you stand right on it, was still there, she doesn't like it, and she was not some boar messing up someone's house without being irresponsible about it.

"There goes my tomorrow laundry." she grumbled, opening a metal tube containing perfumed detergent powder and pour it to the first bucket. It was issued by CSA, important but not obliged equipment for any field agents, Linea always brought extra scoop and put it on a rum bottle. A clean and fragrant uniform could often be the only luxury she had when assigned in the middle of nowhere. And she hates missing it out.

"Are you done?" she asked irritatingly before drenching the floor with a portion of detergent water and mop it. Simmered vinegar really did the job combating the lingering odor while detergent did the rest by removing the stain on the floor.

And that was that. Linea finished the job by applying heat on the planks, evaporating the remained water and making sure no smell or stain remained.

"There you go." Linea slumped on one of the chairs and speak to the bartender. "Could you bring my coffee, please?"
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 142