Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120383 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1215 on: March 19, 2020, 01:02:50 pm »

I’m a plant, I’m not going to take Jack from you. Has Jack had sleep, yet? If not, maybe we can do this again when he is less tired. If you still want to try this, that is. My name is Reeta. I wash’s born with the name, I was around humans, creatures that are like Jack, but each human is different, though they share similarities. I digress. The point is that if you want to, you can think of a name for yourself, a set of noises that people say when they wish to talk with you. Jack picked the name, Mama for you, but maybe you can think of something more distinct, more you

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: March 19, 2020, 01:09:26 pm »

Jack.. Sleep?  Don't Know....   I ... some.. sleep.  then ... He ... fight... Dumb.. fight.. Dumb.. reason.. I .. Mad .. Jack..  Not.. Want.. Jack.. Hurt..  He .. Jump..... Fight.. Not.. His..  Bad.. fight..  Mad.. At.. Jack. ... Jack .. Mine..  Stay. Me..... ...Safe

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: March 19, 2020, 01:20:05 pm »

Jack.. Sleep?  Don't Know....   I ... some.. sleep.  then ... He ... fight... Dumb.. fight.. Dumb.. reason.. I .. Mad .. Jack..  Not.. Want.. Jack.. Hurt..  He .. Jump..... Fight.. Not.. His..  Bad.. fight..  Mad.. At.. Jack. ... Jack .. Mine..  Stay. Me..... ...Safe
He tried making sure the armored person didn’t kill the orc since the orc isn’t a threat.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: March 19, 2020, 01:25:22 pm »

Orc. Not.. Matter! 

She growled real loud, and snarled a little.

Jack... Jack.. love.. All.  .. Everything... ...Words!.... Jack.. love..  Like... Mama.. for.. cub...  .. Fight.. Protect.... But. Orc.. Not.. Jack.. Cub..... Jack.. Protect..  Why?...  Dumb.. reason... Danger... Orc .. strong... Orc.. own-fight...  Jack... MINE.  MY.. Jack.  Why.. He fight?...Why? Mad. at.. Jack!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: March 19, 2020, 01:36:35 pm »

I don’t know the orc, but as far as I can tell, it was also to protect the armored one from getting killed, as Jack and Armored Man are in the same group. The group being for protections during exploration of the forest. Maybe the orc was going to join the group.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: March 19, 2020, 01:50:07 pm »

Mama was having a difficult time. She had asked Jack about how 2 legged things formed such strong partnerships with so many others, and it just confused her more and more, the more he tried to explain it.  The motives seemed to work out in practice, but it was just madness to her.  How could you get MORE, when there was competition? Why give up something for another that you did not share a bond with?  She did not want to share with other bears--

her thoughts coiled up on themselves....  She did want to share with jack...  But he was different--

She did not know how to answer the plant-thing's statement.  It was just as puzzling as Jack's answers were.  Maybe all 2 legged things were inscrutable like this.

But jack was different.  He understood her. Wanted to be with her.  Did not really want to be with this group. Was only in it because...

Suddenly some part of the plant-thing's words snapped into place.  Jack was traveling with the crazy 2 legged things, because he needs help-- Cannot make the forest safe for her and himself alone, needs their help-- Needs it, so that he CAN leave them, and be with her-- and just her. 

The thinking was twisty-- all over the place.  Just like Jack's mind to think of something like it.  He had been fighting-- deep down inside-- to protect HER.  THAT she could understand.  Why didn't he just say so?

Jack .. fight .. for .. me?  For.. Future.... He .. said..  Forest.. sick... Need.. Help.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: March 19, 2020, 01:54:04 pm »

a sickness? What type of sickness? Do you or Jack know?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: March 19, 2020, 02:00:57 pm »

Pain.  ..  Ask.. Jack.

You tell! (Your words are better!)
You Know!

Jack struggled-- Closed his eye, and felt his mind get pulled backwards through a knothole, as it snapped like a twisted up string suddenly unraveling with sudden violence, or like a stretch bow-string popping without an arrow notched.

Everything spun.  His vision did not make coherent sense. His ears were full of the sound of his blood pumping.  He was drooling all over the table.  His head hurt--- BAD.

Slowly, coherence started to take root.  His senses started to make sense again.

He felt like he had been involved in the worst drinking game ever, and had the worst hangover the gods had ever cursed mankind with.

Auuuuuunnngggg...... he groaned loudly.  I don't ever want to do that again.......

He put his hands over his head, and just groaned over and over again.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: March 19, 2020, 02:09:25 pm »

Mama mentioned a sickness, do you know what it is? You ok, Jack?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: March 19, 2020, 02:13:58 pm »

He didn't raise his head off the table, nor take his hands off his head.  He just answered, slowly.. nursing his head.

Somethin's inside em.  All of em.  All the critters.  Some nasty plant thing, tearin em up from the inside.  Makin' em die slow.. Terrible pain. More an words can express.  ... Whole place'll wither up an' die, if it ain't stopped.   Without the squirrl's, who'll plant the nuts?  Without the rabbits, who'll eat up all the deer antlers and bones?  Without the deer, who'll keep the brush in line? ...  It's all of em' Reetie... All of em...   ... All of em...

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: March 19, 2020, 02:24:41 pm »

He didn't raise his head off the table, nor take his hands off his head.  He just answered, slowly.. nursing his head.

Somethin's inside em.  All of em.  All the critters.  Some nasty plant thing, tearin em up from the inside.  Makin' em die slow.. Terrible pain. More an words can express.  ... Whole place'll wither up an' die, if it ain't stopped.   Without the squirrl's, who'll plant the nuts?  Without the rabbits, who'll eat up all the deer antlers and bones?  Without the deer, who'll keep the brush in line? ...  It's all of em' Reetie... All of em...   ... All of em...
Did any of the plants found in the animals have flowers? If not, finding the source will probably help. Any idea on where the source would be?  You mentioned withering, is there a section that is withered? If so, maybe we can check there. I didn’t think plants could cause so much damage

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: March 19, 2020, 02:32:16 pm »

He continued to nurse his head, and groaned. He did not want to talk. The questions were hurting his head, but he knew he needed to answer, if he expected to get answers.

No flow'rs.. Nasty ball o' roots & leaves, and green goo, alls tangled up inside the'r heads. Drivin em mad-- Keepin' em from doin' what's naturl'.. they jus' run in here-- ta this village-- screamin and snarlin in pain-- Fightin-- Anythin-- Jus' a cause it hurts so much.--- And these poor fools just kills em.  Murders em without a thought. Two whole packs a wolves-- Gone... Jus like 'at..

I could only save Mama.

Soft sobbing comes out from under the cradled arms over the old hobo's head, followed by sniffing.

'eres a spot deep in-- Seen it from that damn fool of a wizard's gaudy assed tower--- Mouldy, dead heart... Dead for miles. The critters aint all ats suffrin.  I aint good enough to fight sommat like dis...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 02:36:03 pm by wierd »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: March 19, 2020, 02:43:07 pm »

He continued to nurse his head, and groaned. He did not want to talk. The questions were hurting his head, but he knew he needed to answer, if he expected to get answers.

No flow'rs.. Nasty ball o' roots & leaves, and green goo, alls tangled up inside the'r heads. Drivin em mad-- Keepin' em from doin' what's naturl'.. they jus' run in here-- ta this village-- screamin and snarlin in pain-- Fightin-- Anythin-- Jus' a cause it hurts so much.--- And these poor fools just kills em.  Murders em without a thought. Two whole packs a wolves-- Gone... Jus like 'at..

I could only save Mama.

Soft sobbing comes out from under the cradled arms over the old hobo's head, followed by sniffing.

'eres a spot deep in-- Seen it from that damn fool of a wizard's gaudy assed tower--- Mouldy, dead heart... Dead for miles. The critters aint all ats suffrin.  I aint good enough to fight sommat like dis...
do you know where the dead spot is from say, the village? Maybe we can head that way, get an idea of what’s left around the area

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: March 19, 2020, 02:49:21 pm »

Unless ya can fix DEAD, I don know what ye'd expect ta fin' 'dere.  NOTHIN can live where dere aint no food! An asides-- Ya's a plant yaself girl-- Ever think that what'er withered that place might wither yaself too?  I thinks about whats inside all em poor critters, and wonders about muhself every damn day now. Found three poor barstards as was nothin lef' but bones and bits a brain, all grown o'er with narsty bark an thorns-- Driven plum mad too. Is at what's gonna happen ta ol' Jack?  Will mama get 'nother o those damn things inner?  We gotta stop this thing reetie, but I dont know how nor where.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 02:51:07 pm by wierd »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: March 19, 2020, 03:19:52 pm »

Unless ya can fix DEAD, I don know what ye'd expect ta fin' 'dere.  NOTHIN can live where dere aint no food! An asides-- Ya's a plant yaself girl-- Ever think that what'er withered that place might wither yaself too?  I thinks about whats inside all em poor critters, and wonders about muhself every damn day now. Found three poor barstards as was nothin lef' but bones and bits a brain, all grown o'er with narsty bark an thorns-- Driven plum mad too. Is at what's gonna happen ta ol' Jack?  Will mama get 'nother o those damn things inner?  We gotta stop this thing reetie, but I dont know how nor where.
I don’t think a plant that grows in animals would cause a massive area of death, perhaps there are multiple things going on. You’re right. I don’t think I’d be able to enter the death area. Maybe the plants that grow in animals release something that poisons others? Are there any samples of the plants that are doing this? We could find an infected creature, take out the plant, then put the plant into a pot with other plants to see how they respond, whether the others wither, whether the plants we are dealing with can even last outside of a host. The place where we plant them for this would ideally be separate from other areas, the container preventing spread to the forest or village
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 142