Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120363 times)

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1245 on: March 21, 2020, 07:15:57 am »

Snewden entered a building that appeared to be the detention facility of Mystville Village and asked the guard about the slayer they had taken custody.

"Where is the armored gentleman by the by? Is he okay?"
"Oh, the adventurer from yesterday? Sure, he's inside."

The 'detention facility' was actually a cattle barn, with two of the stalls sealed with planks save for a small gap at the door. A dedicated person could eventually pry off enough planks to escape, seeing the obviously rushed job.

"We never have anything worse than drunk incident, we just let them stay overnight to cool down. We confiscate anything that might be dangerous until they sober up."

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: March 21, 2020, 07:26:32 am »

Snewden entered a building that appeared to be the detention facility of Mystville Village and asked the guard about the slayer they had taken custody.

"Where is the armored gentleman by the by? Is he okay?"
The greenskin slayer showed up in his back looking tired and dirty, he is heaving, as if he had just done a hundred mile marathon.

"You... Greenskin..." He walks closer, but it looks like he is pulling his leg each step he take. "I will kill you--" he almost fell over, "...come here... Let's end this." He tripped over.

"Come on come closer so I can punch you." He said menacingly despite crawling using only his arms. "Come You dirty... Filthy... Greenskin."
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 07:33:45 am by invul_nerable »

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: March 21, 2020, 07:33:34 am »

"Gods, how did you get out?! Dont tell me you dig your way-"

The young man gasped in horror and took a step back.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: March 21, 2020, 07:38:40 am »

Doctor Doak sighs and places his hand on the fancy large circle. The sooner this was over the sooner he could get back to doing something useful.

((I think this got lost in everything to be processed))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: March 21, 2020, 07:47:05 am »

"Easy now." Edwarg approached the man then flipped him before turning to the guard. "Good sir, do you have any place for him to lay down?"

"Damn, they roughed you up quite badly." he seized the man's arm and tried to support him so he can stand. "Stop squirming, will you? I want to help."

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: March 21, 2020, 08:19:30 am »

"Easy now." Edwarg approached the man then flipped him before turning to the guard. "Good sir, do you have any place for him to lay down?"

"Damn, they roughed you up quite badly." he seized the man's arm and tried to support him so he can stand. "Stop squirming, will you? I want to help."
"Rend and tear..." The slayer's weak hands held the Edwarg's neck, but he has no strength left to choke him, let alone, clench it. "All greenskins must die..." He fell unconscious.

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: March 21, 2020, 08:59:34 am »

"Never mind, let's bring him outside."

Like some wolf pelt, Edwarg carried the armored slayer and brought him to the bar and laid him on a long wooden bench, which would suffice for now.  . He is unconscious, which is less concerning than his breath which sounded shallow and muffled.

The helmet has to go, so he remove it.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: March 21, 2020, 09:42:44 am »

Linea was munching her morning sandwich when she saw Edwarg entering the bar with a less pleasant face. And... something in his back, wait... it was not a cape, it was GSH (she began to accustomed to calling him that) and he was completely thrashed.

"Heavens, Edwarg! Never thought you would really feel offended and beat him to a pulp."

The orc smiled, then answered gently. "It wasn't my doing, this gentleman exhausted himself by trying to dig through the detention room, all when screaming kill greenskin and all. I surprised the guards didn't know that." 

"And yet you still trying to help him. That's very noble of you." she said sarcastically.

Without expecting Edwarg to reply, Linea looked at the bartender, who seemed not too happy with Edwarg bringing the troublemaker back to his establishment.

"You might want to ask your men to bring some ropes. You know, just in case. Anyway, can I have the coffee some more?"

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: March 21, 2020, 05:30:59 pm »

Doctor Doak sighs and places his hand on the fancy large circle. The sooner this was over the sooner he could get back to doing something useful.

"Excellent!"

Flo leaps with glee and quickly starts incanting. The library around Doctor Doak becomes dim and muted, while the glyph he placed his hand on glows q vivid blue blue and after a few moments emits brilliant beams of light, almost blinding him.

They flash in intensity for a minute, before dying down leaving everything as it was before.

"The results could not be clearer! You have innate reserves of energy (or something analogous to that) in ample amount and you could certainly manifest it in magical form. You see, not all species draw on magic the same way, or manipulate those energies the same way. In fact, you could even say magic is a catch-all term, as some forms of magical arts don't even have anything in common with each other, and-"

Flo drones on endlessly about various ways magic can be drawn and used, occasionally pulling a book towards her and flipping through pages, oblivious to everything going around her.

She suddenly looks up from a book and around her with a panicked expression, half-expecting the library to be empty but appears relieved to see Doctor Doak still standing there.

"Ah, most people usually bail by now. I usually charge 100 gold for my consultation services, but in lieu of that payment I urge you recommend the library to the rest of your friends... er, the other adventurers? Are they your friends perhaps? It doesn't matter, everyone needs magic don't they."

Flo gathers some web and uses them to slinging the books she had previously collected back to their places on the shelves.

"You too perhaps, you can decide which sort of magic you'd like to pursue. Maybe the books here can help you make up your mind."
:-(

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: March 21, 2020, 05:35:24 pm »

Reeta follows Jack until he leaves the inn, then makes her way to the Adventuring Company HQ and knocks on the door

Aven answers the door, still slightly sleepy but appearing entirely professional. "Good morning Reeta, how can I help you? Did you find everything okay?"
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: March 21, 2020, 05:36:15 pm »

Doctor Doak sighs quietly, glad the ordeal is over.

If you give me as many books on nature magic as you think would help me understand it, sure, I’ll tell all my friends about you and your library.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: March 21, 2020, 06:11:07 pm »

I was talking with the other adventurers, and one of them mentioned that an old goat named Lucy knows about the plants that are growing in animals. How would a human know that a goat knows about things? Though that particular one seems to be able to talk to a bear, so maybe he can talk to the goat?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: March 21, 2020, 08:31:07 pm »

I was talking with the other adventurers, and one of them mentioned that an old goat named Lucy knows about the plants that are growing in animals. How would a human know that a goat knows about things? Though that particular one seems to be able to talk to a bear, so maybe he can talk to the goat?

Aven pauses for a moment, looking a bit confused. "An old goat named Lucy?... the only Lucy I know around here is..." He then suddenly breaks into laughter.

"S...sorry, that caught me off guard." He says as he struggles to recompose himself. "Ehem. I know of a Lucy, but he isn't a goat, he's a staff member for the Adventuring Company, and very much a human (as far as I can tell)." He scratches his head. "I suppose he may have certain... features that may have earned him such a nickname from a certain adventurer..." He says slightly awkwardly.

"As for where you might find him, he usually likes to stay at the shrine, on the north side of the village."
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: March 21, 2020, 08:40:35 pm »

thank you for clarifying, and for the directions. I’ve never had reason to call anything something they are not. I guess that’s a thing people do. What does Lucy look like?

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: March 21, 2020, 09:28:12 pm »

"Oh hey, good morning."

Dixie greeted Linea as she appeared. Hair's slightly wet, black clothes somehow slightly darker, wearing her leather armor and all the tools and baubles attached to it.

She then glanced at Edwarg and the metallic filth he brought inside. "What happened to him? Did he swim with pigs?"
I have a YouTube channel.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 142