Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119632 times)

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1110 on: March 17, 2020, 12:33:24 am »

Dixie wordlessly goes back to the inn and spends the rest of the day sleeping.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 02:33:49 am by The Centipede »
I have a YouTube channel.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 17, 2020, 05:23:08 am »

"Probably for greenskins. This tincan is obsessed killing anything that color is green.

I'm Laemmle by the way, Holy Knight from Saint Haven." She replied.
"What? You talking to someone girl?" The slayer squinted, taking a closer look to the thing beside Leammle. "Wait a minute, YOU CAN TALK TO GIANT PLANT THINGS!?"
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 05:43:47 am by invul_nerable »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 17, 2020, 06:01:09 am »

"Probably for greenskins. This tincan is obsessed killing anything that color is green.

"What? You talking to someone girl?" The slayer squinted, taking a closer look to the thing beside Leammle. "Wait a minute, YOU CAN TALK TO GIANT PLANT THINGS!?"
Reeta speaks to the armored one, the one Laemmie called Tincan, as she speaks, her voice gets higher pitched after each sentence. Mr Armor, what do you have against plants? I hear you hate things that are green? I mean you no harm. I can talk to humans because I spent time town to town listening to humans speak in a tavern, so I copied their speech. Don’t kill me, I need chlorophyll to photosynthesize!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 07:28:16 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 17, 2020, 06:07:51 am »

I work for the adventurer’s guild; we were looking into the corrupted beasts recently and came across a mage’s tower. He appeared to be looking into something he called “the Seed”, which seems a likely suspect for the corruption, as well as mention of a nature mage, so I took it upon myself to look a bit further into the subject. I found the books in the tower. As you can see, the series the mage had is incomplete, which limits what I can do, really.

I’d appreciate your insight, and hopefully the missing books too, if you have them available.

"Yup yup, Aven mentioned the adventurers he brought in. Well let's take a look here."

She opens the first set of books and flips through all three simultaneously.

"Basic stuff, you are missing a few volumes, and these are outdated editions."

Flo clambers over the shelves skillfully and disappears into the upper reaches of the library, then returns with a full set of Elementary Nature Magic.

"There we are. I don't think these will help you much. Certain tomes aid in directly dilating magical reserves, make the reader more receptive to magic. Your books are mostly theory though, for classroom use."

Doctor Doak gains Elementary Nature Magic Volumes I-VI (10th Edition).

"The Seed... it may or may not have to do with any of the myths associated with the Forest of... well I'm not sure if the Forest has a name. We're far from the capital and not all places have been charted and named yet. I've heard it referred to as "Unknown Forest" by travellers and outside visitors but I digress."

Flo pulls out a book at random from a nearby shelf and starts flipping through the pages.

"Seed, seed... it could be anything. A forest deity, or old wives' tales about human-snaring trees, or rare yield-boosting forest seeds, ground up into mulch by farmers and scattered over their fields. I could help narrow it down if you can share more clues, did you notice any landmarks while you were in the tower? Oh also..."

Flo adjusts her glasses.

"If you are trying to learn magic maybe I can help you out?"

Flo attempts to smile but it comes out more as a smirk.

"You can check out anything you like in here, no charges. But unlocking magic potential, improving existing talents, the required training and practice to sustain learnt magic feats, I can help out with all of those!"

Flo leans in close to Doctor Doak with a wicked grin going almost from ear to ear.

"What do you say? It'll only cost a modest amount, just enough for the library's upkeep."
:-(

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: March 17, 2020, 06:59:03 am »

I work for the adventurer’s guild; we were looking into the corrupted beasts recently and came across a mage’s tower. He appeared to be looking into something he called “the Seed”, which seems a likely suspect for the corruption, as well as mention of a nature mage, so I took it upon myself to look a bit further into the subject. I found the books in the tower. As you can see, the series the mage had is incomplete, which limits what I can do, really.

I’d appreciate your insight, and hopefully the missing books too, if you have them available.

"Yup yup, Aven mentioned the adventurers he brought in. Well let's take a look here."

She opens the first set of books and flips through all three simultaneously.

"Basic stuff, you are missing a few volumes, and these are outdated editions."

Flo clambers over the shelves skillfully and disappears into the upper reaches of the library, then returns with a full set of Elementary Nature Magic.

"There we are. I don't think these will help you much. Certain tomes aid in directly dilating magical reserves, make the reader more receptive to magic. Your books are mostly theory though, for classroom use."

Doctor Doak gains Elementary Nature Magic Volumes I-VI (10th Edition).

"The Seed... it may or may not have to do with any of the myths associated with the Forest of... well I'm not sure if the Forest has a name. We're far from the capital and not all places have been charted and named yet. I've heard it referred to as "Unknown Forest" by travellers and outside visitors but I digress."

Flo pulls out a book at random from a nearby shelf and starts flipping through the pages.

"Seed, seed... it could be anything. A forest deity, or old wives' tales about human-snaring trees, or rare yield-boosting forest seeds, ground up into mulch by farmers and scattered over their fields. I could help narrow it down if you can share more clues, did you notice any landmarks while you were in the tower? Oh also..."

Not as such, no. The forest to the northeast, however, was... well, I suppose corrupted would be the best word. There was a large patch of it that looked discolored and rotten from a room high up in the tower. Quite were it was and how big I’m not too sure.

Flo adjusts her glasses.

"If you are trying to learn magic maybe I can help you out?"

Flo attempts to smile but it comes out more as a smirk.

"You can check out anything you like in here, no charges. But unlocking magic potential, improving existing talents, the required training and practice to sustain learnt magic feats, I can help out with all of those!"

Flo leans in close to Doctor Doak with a wicked grin going almost from ear to ear.

"What do you say? It'll only cost a modest amount, just enough for the library's upkeep."

Doctor Doak chuckles softly.

I don’t think it’s possible that I could learn magic, I’m...” he ponders how to describe his situation, settling on vague, smiling to himself, “... foreign.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 17, 2020, 07:44:39 am »

"Now that I've obtained another gun, I'm gonna go see the wizard and get his opinion on this book I found in the tower."
Burt then goes to see the wizard he'd heard about being in the town and see what he thought about the Fruit book from the tower.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 17, 2020, 08:15:46 am »

Reeta speaks to the armored one, the one Laemmie called Tincan, as she speaks, her voice gets higher pitched after each sentence. Mr Armor, what do you have against plants? I hear you hate things that are green? I mean you no harm. I can talk to humans because I spent time town to town listening to humans speak in a tavern, so I copied their speech. Don’t kill me, I need chlorophyll to photosynthesize!
"IT TALKS!? THE PLANT LADY TALKS!" the ironclad slayer exclaimed. He jumped over his trap and took a closer look.

"Too beautiful and majestic to be a greenskin."

He turned to Leammle. "Say, where do you find this peculiar thing--" the slayer touched its green and purple parts. "--she is green but not greenskin."

"Pancake lady, if you plan to get my attention by bamboozling me, it'll NEVER WORK!"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 17, 2020, 08:48:02 am »

"IT TALKS!? THE PLANT LADY TALKS!" the ironclad slayer exclaimed. He jumped over his trap and took a closer look.

"Too beautiful and majestic to be a greenskin."

He turned to Leammle. "Say, where do you find this peculiar thing--" the slayer touched its green and purple parts. "--she is green but not greenskin."

"Pancake lady, if you plan to get my attention by bamboozling me, it'll NEVER WORK!"

On the realization that she isn’t considered a green skin, she calms down noticeably, her voice returns to normal and she starts to smile a little come morning, will either of or both of you come with me to the forest, Benuto the blacksmith would like my help in gathering metal and animal hides for the smithy. Bamboozle is an interesting word. Please stop touching me, I don’t want you to end up taking parts of me off

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: March 17, 2020, 09:45:00 am »

Laemmle kick Ironclad into the pitfall, picking the shovel and attempted to bury him alive.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 17, 2020, 10:09:35 am »

It took a while... all right, actually, a full hour for Linea to finished bathing and dressing. Now returned to her seat, her general appearance fitted more to a common civilian alike rather than a reconnaissance agent; she now wore a blue hooded tunic, beige-colored trousers, and sandals. Her silver hair was tied ponytail, which is unusual, but showed her facial features much clearer; her skin was pearl white, with a slender neck and delicately narrow jawline. Her eyes were sharp and alert, complementing her visage that seemed to wear a perpetual scowl.

Despite her casual getup, Linea still had her bow and quiver slung on her back. And also the long knife, which always by her side.

Edwarg himself had relocated their table to the corner of the room, with an extra lantern placed atop of it. The orc seemed to had been busying himself with an interesting book for quite a while now.

"Yo! Ed!"

« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 10:15:26 am by Slyph »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: March 17, 2020, 10:18:39 am »

Laemmle kick Ironclad into the pitfall, picking the shovel and attempted to bury him alive.
Reeta looks at him as he is getting buried. Oh, you don’t seem to have any leaves, can you send your roots to the dirt, or is the armor blocking them?

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: March 17, 2020, 04:35:00 pm »

Not as such, no. The forest to the northeast, however, was... well, I suppose corrupted would be the best word. There was a large patch of it that looked discolored and rotten from a room high up in the tower. Quite were it was and how big I’m not too sure.

"Then that is what needs investigating I'm sure. If you can find a clue about the corruption there, I could probably narrow down what this... seed is and why animals are attacking the village."

Doctor Doak chuckles softly.

I don’t think it’s possible that I could learn magic, I’m...” he ponders how to describe his situation, settling on vague, smiling to himself, “... foreign.

"Nonsense. Anyone can use magic, if that hare-brain can do it then-"

Flo grumbles to herself, then fires strands of web at various books, pulling them into her possession.

"You just have to decide what you want to do with magic. The rest comes naturally. Mages with affinity for destruction often veer towards fire magic for instance, and those who want to mend the wounds of flesh and earth are drawn to nature magic, and yet,"

A stack of books starts piling on a desk behind her, as she lassos in more and more, consulting them briefly before tossing them back (and somehow ending up in a neat pile).

"nature can be just as destructive as any offensive branch of magic, and even fire and ice can soothe wounds with the correct application. Ah, found it!"

Flo declares with an almost manic cry, holding up the book she had been searching for.

"We could always use tarot cards or Hexel dice to determine your magic affinity but where's the fun in that?"

Flo opens the book to a large spread with some kind of fancy large circle and runes drawn on it.

"Here, all you need to do is place your hand on it. Go ahead, try!"

Flo cajoles Doctor Doak, either not succeeding at (or not attempting to) hide a malicious smile spread wide on her face.
:-(

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: March 17, 2020, 04:43:39 pm »

Doctor Doak sighs and places his hand on the fancy large circle. The sooner this was over the sooner he could get back to doing something useful.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: March 17, 2020, 05:29:20 pm »

Reeta looks at him as he is getting buried. Oh, you don’t seem to have any leaves, can you send your roots to the dirt, or is the armor blocking them?
The ironclad slayer manage to stop his fall by using gripping the pitfalls walls by spreading both his hands and legs. It might not look like it but the pit actually has spikes that can turn him into barbecue. Despite the heavy armor, he managed to stop the momentum of falling midway into the whole by his sheer lateral strength. Before, he can even recover and climb up, dirt started filling the hole.

"HHEEEY! Stop this nonesense right *mumbles*"

Goddamnit! If this continues, I might actually die from suffocation or worse suffocation and impailment the ironclad slayer thought.

The slayer gritted his teeth and made a last ditch effort to survive. He let go of his grip and drawn his greatsword, he thrusted it to the ground before he falls, cleaving the spike below him before he is turned to shish-kabob. He used his greatsword as a stepping platform and used his gladius as a grip to climb up the pitfall by stabbing its walls, before the hole gets filled he managed to climb out with all his weapons with him.

"Haha! You need to do more than just that to kill the Holocaust missy!" He teased, pointing at both the plant lady and pancake maiden.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: March 17, 2020, 06:23:45 pm »

It took a while... all right, actually, a full hour for Linea to finished bathing and dressing. Now returned to her seat, her general appearance fitted more to a common civilian alike rather than a reconnaissance agent; she now wore a blue hooded tunic, beige-colored trousers, and sandals. Her silver hair was tied ponytail, which is unusual, but showed her facial features much clearer; her skin was pearl white, with a slender neck and delicately narrow jawline. Her eyes were sharp and alert, complementing her visage that seemed to wear a perpetual scowl.

Despite her casual getup, Linea still had her bow and quiver slung on her back. And also the long knife, which always by her side. The gaudy red robe was also dangling on her waist like an oversized skirt.

Edwarg himself had relocated their table to the corner of the room, with an extra lantern placed atop of it. The orc seemed to had been busying himself with an interesting book for quite a while now.

"Yo! Ed!"

(It will take forever to wait for silversky to reply so I will just do it -___-)

The orc put the book aside when he saw Linea coming. The title in the cover was "Germ theory of disease: breaking the cultural beliefs." written by Avicenna Von Plenciz.

"Ready to get lynched by some angry cleric and priest?"

"For studying?" Edwarg laughed. "And look at you. You look positively... smashing. Too bad I see no ribbons, that'd be cute."

Linea turned scarlet."Oh, stop it you lecherous bastard. What do think I am? Some under-aged student from Daystar? You fancy a much younger woman now?"

Not waiting for Snewden to react, Linea sat on her chair. Her expression, regardless of her nagging streak just now, was much more relaxed. Yes her word was sharp and brutal and not so elf-like. She is rebellious and often brash. Negative qualities that somehow make Edwarg felt at ease when sitting near to her. Far from the elegant demeanor of the elves, perhaps, but it makes her more approachable, not like some celestial being that out of his reach.

"So, what's your business here, Ed?"

"Mercenary work."

"Never know you as someone who would take a mercenary work."

"Maybe because I just want to see you."

"Oh quit it, Snewden!"

"I am just being honest."

Mercenary work was actually a colloquial term for Security Contract. A mission that is too small to be handled by CSA in the organization scale, but too big, or for some reason, too inconvenient for the concerned nation to handle alone. So, upon the request of a nation, CSA dispatched their agent to partake the mission, with the operational costs paid by the nation's expense.

"Anyway, it is a good thing you are here," said Linea, the voice was calm but she faked it with false relief. "Whatever the reason is..."

And the orc didn't pressed her. "Indeed."
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 08:51:47 pm by Slyph »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 142