Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119528 times)

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1035 on: March 14, 2020, 03:37:07 pm »

"Oh you want to trade my bone-charm to that? Sweet!"

The ironclad slayer immediately handed out the bone-charm and exclaimed, "I want that!" while pointing at the gambeson.

Once again the Wandering Merchant accepts the offered currency and puts it into the safekeeping of his robes.

The Greenskins Holocaust loses Bone Charm, gains Warlord's Gambeson.

The Wandering Merchant gets up wordlessly, packs up all his belongings in mere moments with well practiced movements and heads off somewhere into the forest without any acknowledgment.

The party resumes their journey to the village and find themselves in familiar surroundings within the hour. The time is currently a bit after noon.

((There are going to be some major changes to different parts of the game, including quests, combat and mechanics. These will be posted and shared to the OOC thread and Discord channel soon.))
:-(

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: March 14, 2020, 05:33:26 pm »

I only use them when I’m in danger. Given that it is an Adventuring Company, I think I will be working with others, so I’m going to need to find things to protect them from sound and smells so that only intended targets are affected. I’m going to go try helping Zara, bye for now, hope to see you two again
She smiles, then goes to the smithy
hello. Is there anything I can help with? I’m Reeta

"Hello Reeta! You must be one of the adventurers. Name's Benuto, I'm the blacksmith 'round these parts. This here's my eldest daughter, Zara." The girl nearby flashes a quick smile at Reeta.

Benuto continues: "Funny, I'm usually the one to ask the customer if there's anything I can help them with! Naw, Zara was just helpin' me finish up this piece o' armour. It's nothin' that needs any extra help."

"Although, craftin' supplies have gotten lower these days with the animal attacks happenin', so if you wanted to help with somethin', I'd appreciate you collectin' n' bringin' any sorta material that could be useful for craftin' armors and weapons. That'd include stuff like animal hides, metals of any kind, hardened wood, or any other kinda usable material. I'd compensate you appropriately for the goods, o' course."

Zara walks over to Reeta and looks at the flowers on her head. "Nice petals." She says casually.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: March 14, 2020, 05:42:33 pm »

Edwarg had already emptied his mug when he walked out the bar toward the Adventuring Company HQ, he had instructed his two subordinates to get chummy with the town guards after they done with their booze. If the intel in the mission briefing was solid, this town sure needs more help to defend itself rather than sending more people to the forest.

Edwarg knocked the door gently. The organization always taught all of their field agent to be courteous, so he waited until someone came and invite him to enter the building.

A man with light brown hair and a set of standard Adventuring Company attire (Aven) soon opens the door. "Hello. Are you a new adventurer here?"
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: March 14, 2020, 08:24:24 pm »

I only use them when I’m in danger. Given that it is an Adventuring Company, I think I will be working with others, so I’m going to need to find things to protect them from sound and smells so that only intended targets are affected. I’m going to go try helping Zara, bye for now, hope to see you two again
She smiles, then goes to the smithy
hello. Is there anything I can help with? I’m Reeta

"Hello Reeta! You must be one of the adventurers. Name's Benuto, I'm the blacksmith 'round these parts. This here's my eldest daughter, Zara." The girl nearby flashes a quick smile at Reeta.

Benuto continues: "Funny, I'm usually the one to ask the customer if there's anything I can help them with! Naw, Zara was just helpin' me finish up this piece o' armour. It's nothin' that needs any extra help."

"Although, craftin' supplies have gotten lower these days with the animal attacks happenin', so if you wanted to help with somethin', I'd appreciate you collectin' n' bringin' any sorta material that could be useful for craftin' armors and weapons. That'd include stuff like animal hides, metals of any kind, hardened wood, or any other kinda usable material. I'd compensate you appropriately for the goods, o' course."

Zara walks over to Reeta and looks at the flowers on her head. "Nice petals." She says casually.
Reeta looks over to Zara and tells her thank you then turns to Benuto and says I will assist with this
Reeta then heads to the northern exit searching for metals and animals in the forest
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 09:18:16 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: March 14, 2020, 09:13:23 pm »

Laemmle proceed to the Adventure Guild after the expedition.

Seeing an orc inside the building. She expect having a problem with iron slayer for the further times, making her release a sigh.

She proceed to Aven and start to speak.

"Letter was send by my faction before the expedition. I'm here to claim my new set of armor.

Party will arrive sooner so I'm gonna wait them and report the quest together." Laemmle said to Aven.

She look on orc man and begin to speak.

"Are you just arrive here Mister? New adventurer?" She asked the orc guy with gentle smile the end.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: March 14, 2020, 10:22:34 pm »

A man with light brown hair and a set of standard Adventuring Company attire (Aven) soon opens the door.

Edwarg extended his hand to offer a handshake (assuming Aven shake his hand) then introduce himself.

"Edwarg Snewden at your service."

"Hello. Are you a new adventurer here?"

"A soldier by trade... or a doppelsöldner by Helvetian term, but you may consider it so if you like it." Snewden gave him a reassuring smile, either to convince that he wasn't a double-paid soldier of fortune like his nickname suggested, or to make it clear that he is not here to shakedown anyone.

Before the leader of adventuring guild could reply, a petite lady breezed in and confront the Alven guy, apparently trying to claim her reward or something before turning at him, apparently asked Edwarg with a smile.

"Are you just arrive here Mister? New adventurer?" She asked the orc guy with gentle smile the end.

"Greetings! We arrived this morning, and..." Edwarg stopped for a moment, wondering why people keep referring him as adventurer despite the military attributes he brought with him. It was not, by any mean hassling to him, he was just not used to it.

"Yea... let's adventure together."

yah. Let's adventure together I guess

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: March 15, 2020, 01:56:14 am »

(this post written at the request of official MystVille DMs)
----------------------------------------------------------------

As the adventurers arrived in town, they are greeted by a rare rural spectacle. A small enclosed wagon drawn by an old and tatty donkey is parked in the village square, with a small gathering of townsfolk, as various wares are being hawked and exchanged.

Seeing the party advance, the wagon driver shouts something inaudible (given the distance away), into the closed box of the cart, and makes wild hand movements indicating in the direction of the party.  A buck-toothed youth with pimples and a straw hat emerges, carrying a square boiled leather case on his hip, makes a foolish looking display in front of the driver, who proceeds to point more animatedly in the direction of the party, before the boy puts his hand to his brow to shade the sun, making a startled jump, double-taking back to the driver again, then taking off at a run after the driver back-hands the back of his head to get him started.

In moments, the lanky youth crosses the gap, runs into the guild office and draws breathless and red-faced before the travel-stained female paladin, then fumbles around inside the leather case before extracting a rather long, folded sheet of parchment, interrupting her suddenly and rudely.

"Excuse me-- Miss-----"

The parchment unfolds.  Then unfolds some more.  Then yet even more--- As the boy traces his finger over a seemingly endless list.

"isa-- No. noo.. Here it is!! Miss Laemlle?"

His eyes are as bright as he appears dull witted.

"Are you Miss Laemlle?"

« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 02:19:58 am by wierd »

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: March 15, 2020, 02:22:21 am »

Reeta then heads to the northern exit searching for metals and animals in the forest

There doesn't seem to be many animals around near the edge of the forest besides small creatures like birds and squirrels; Reeta would probably have to go deeper into the forest in order to find larger game. There also doesn't seem to be any metals nearby that can be collected or mined.

((It's not suggested that one goes into the forest by oneself; perhaps gather a party and then head out together. Going in alone is an option though, just a highly dangerous one.))

Laemmle proceed to the Adventure Guild after the expedition.
She proceed to Aven and start to speak.

"Letter was send by my faction before the expedition. I'm here to claim my new set of armor.

Party will arrive sooner so I'm gonna wait them and report the quest together." Laemmle said to Aven.

"Ah it seems the adventuring party has returned! Yes, Miss Laemmle, there is indeed a delivery for you."

Aven says as the delivery boy comes to greet her.

Edwarg extended his hand to offer a handshake (assuming Aven shake his hand) then introduce himself.

"Edwarg Snewden at your service."

"Hello. Are you a new adventurer here?"

"A soldier by trade... or a doppelsöldner by Helvetian term, but you may consider it so if you like it." Snewden gave him a reassuring smile, either to convince that he wasn't a double-paid soldier of fortune like his nickname suggested, or to make it clear that he is not here to shakedown anyone.

"Well met! I am Aven, the operations manager for the Mystville Adventuring Company. We are grateful for any sort of help we can get, as you may know about our situation. I'm assuming that is what brings you to our humble village?"
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 02:26:55 am by MeimieFan88 »
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: March 15, 2020, 02:31:23 am »

Reeta heads back to town and looks for the party. Since she doesn’t know who the party consists of, she will look for people with Adventuring gear and head towards them

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: March 15, 2020, 02:43:03 am »

"..Yes- I'm lady Laemlle.." she manages to squeak out timidly, before the boy excitedly grabs her by the hand, and drags her back outside, talking loudly and animatedly the whole way.

"FANTASTIC! Aron is gonna be so surprised we actually found you! Oh-- Forgive me Lady Laemlle, we have a most important delivery for you-- From the order! Please, come! Come!"

Not that she had much of a choice, since he was practically dragging her behind him the entire way, as he shamelessly continued.

"We've been through Helvetia, Castow, Iscot, Sawold, Keton, Bernilundr, Paham, Ginthorp, Cahryst AND Rivercross to get here! I was thinking maybe we might never deliver it!" he continued completely unabated as they drew close to the wagon.

"HERE SHE IS ROBBIE!" he tittered at the driver "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!"

"Quiet Tom!" he snarked, before addressing the lady with much more decorum.

"Lady Laemmle? It is my great pleasure to finally address you." The man clears his throat. "While delivery has been an on-going struggle..." he continued, while casting a disparaging glare at the black haired and mustachioed man hawking wares completely uninterrupted by the ongoing exchange, and at the boy, who he wordlessly pointed at furiously, indicating the cart with increased intensity. "We are pleased to inform you that the new official standard of the order of the Indwelling Lady has finally arrived, and is available, should you choose to claim it."  He motions toward the back of the cart, then glares and gesticulates furiously at the boy, who had simply been standing here slack-jawed and immobile through the last of the introduction.

"Come my lady, let us review the package for your satisfaction." continued the man, in well rehearsed and buttery tones, as he parked the reigns of the cart, stepped down, and then drew close to her before taking her hand. "We apologize for any delays that might have transpired or any ... Indignities... you might have endured while wearing the PREVIOUS official standard, (Which we all agree were a bit rushed in production, and lacking in actual protective qualities), and wish to provide you with the gear and equipment the order has sent for your immediate use on your holy missions."

They drew close to the rear of the wagon, and the small wooden door opened, revealing the boy, still red-faced, heaving and pushing on a wooden chest that was covered in dust from the road.

"Here it is Ma'am!" he exclaimed excitedly.  The man beside her covered his face irritably at the display, before dropping the charade.

"Just open the bloody thing, you nitwit!" he barked.
"Oh, Right! How silly of me!" cooed the boy, fumbling with the latch on the chest, before opening it from the wrong side, and tumbling over backward deeper into the wagon, slightly spooking the donkey, and sending the whole thing forward about half a foot in a lurch as the lid popped open.

"As you can see, my gentle customers-- Aron and Co. also does custom delivered goods, all at affordable prices!" barked the mustachioed man at the crowd, trying to keep their attention while the transaction was being completed.

Lae looked into the chest, and inspected the contents.  -- Or at least, she ATTEMPTED to look at the contents.

"Now my dear Lady, There is but one or two last formalities before we can return with news of delivery to the order;" The driver, Robbie, continued once more in the buttery tone before snapping his fingers.  There was a moment of empty and pregnant silence, before he gritted his teeth, and uttered "THE CONTRACT, BOY-- THE CONTRACT."  The youth, who had been rubbing his posterior from his previous tumble snapped to bewildered attention, took in the directive leveled at him, then comically dug in the leather case at his hip, extracting a curiously long scroll of parchment before handing it to the driver.

"PEN, BOY!!" he growled, still trying to fake a smile at Laemmle, while holding the other hand outstretched, as the comical scene continued with no signs of stopping; The bewildered youth extracting an elaborate feather quill and a flagon of ink from the case, looking at the increasingly agitated driver- the latter proceeding to indicate that the youth should get down, turn around, and kneel, before returning his attentions, buttery as ever, back to the lady.

"We require your signature on the delivery order, and on the confirmation letter--" he gushed, just as flowery and formal as eve, while slapping the parchment against the boy's back hard enough to make a loud smacking sound. "The quill is temperamental, please press FIRMLY."

His glower at the boy never once receding.

Lae looked over the document quickly.

The most esteemed and august _("Lady Laemmle" is scrawled here in the most terrible penmanship imaginable, on top of a clearly and well penned line)_, 

We, the armorers and stewards of the Indwelling Lady, are pleased to provide to you with only a modest cost of shipping, the latest official standard of our most holy order of the Indwelling Lady. Great care was taken to assure the timely and secure delivery of this most precious cargo, and it is with the hopes and prayers of all of us at the monastery, that it should serve you and our Lady in grace in the many perilous and holy missions you shall undertake together. May it provide as much protection to your body, as our Lady does to all our souls!  We ask that you please endorse this official document, bearing this, our official seal, that our historians may well record the official receipt of this fine raiment.

Let it be known that on this date ____________  That the Paladin known as _(Lady Laemmle is scrawled hastily into the blank)__, has recieved this shipment of one:

(Set Paladin Armor)

And has paid the sum of __("10 gold pieces", likewise hastily penned)___ to our stalwart couriers, and penned their signature of receipt

here:_______________________

« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 03:12:39 am by wierd »

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: March 15, 2020, 03:36:49 am »

-snip-

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: March 15, 2020, 03:37:20 am »

(Pressed Firmly)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 03:42:21 am by Remuri »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: March 15, 2020, 03:37:36 am »

"It says I must pay the 10 gold coins..." she said calmly and collectedly, while looking at the parchment, still pressed against the boy's back. "Give me just a moment.."

The driver's face was an inscrutable mixture of stress, anticipation, worry, doubt, and glistening perspiration, as he watched her reach into her coin purse, and retrieve the sum stated on the form.

"Here you are sir-- so I must sign and date here?"

"Yes, my lady-- " breathed the man, as if some sacrosanct ritual were being performed before his very eyes.  Even the mustachioed man had taken an almost unhealthy interest in the finalization of this formal agreement's paperwork.

Lae began to date the parchment on the line, finding that the text being penned was light and spidery.

"Press firmly my lady!" blurted the driver, still transfixed in that unusual mix of tense emotions.

Making a face, the young paladin presses the pen firmly into the boy's back, eliciting a faint squeak and a hissing inhalation from the lad, as the rest of the needed text was penned, now in clearly legible and beautiful script.

"Very good my lady-" breathed the driver, before snapping his fingers at the boy again.  There was yet another pregnant pause, and a growl from the driver, as the boy hastily dug in the box once more, and pulled out another slip of parchment.

"This one is for the accounts and shipping ministers of the order my lady, they require your signature of receipt as well. Remember, PRESS FIRMLY."

The boy sucked in another breath, and suppressed a sob.

Once more, she looked at the new document before her.

Let it be recorded that on this date __________ the package containing ___("One set Paladin Armor" is hastily scrawled on the line)___ was inspected and received by ___("Lady Laemmle)________, and was found to be fit for service and use by the same, and the customary sum of __(10 gold pieces)__ was promptly paid upon delivery of said shipment.

I, _______________ Do hereby undersign and agree that the above is truthful and correct as of the time of this document's receipt, and agree to accept full custody of the stated cargo without any incident, delay, or challenge.

Lae bit her lower lip at the strongly worded document, hesitated a moment, as the driver's eyes stared holes through her forehead-- then once more, pressed FIRMLY, and filled in the form.

As the last whorl of her florally perfect signature was emblazoned upon the line, the atmosphere of the couriers changed instantly.

"I WIN I WIN!!!" Shouts the boy, between stifled sobs from having been used as a writing desk.

"IMPOSSIBLE!" shouts the mustachioed man in incredulity. "SHE ACTUALLY SIGNED IT!?"

"I know right!?" squeaked the boy in excitement "Now you gotta pay up!"

"Shut it you two! You gotta stow the lady's package!"
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 03:48:05 am by wierd »

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: March 15, 2020, 03:41:54 am »

(Pressed Firmly)

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: March 15, 2020, 03:46:43 am »

All players gained 1 level. Please distribute 4 points of attributes. One attributes may receive up to 2 points.

PS: There's an announcement at the OOC thread. Do take a peek.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 03:49:42 am by A5G_Reaper »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 142