Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119531 times)

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1020 on: March 12, 2020, 10:15:39 am »

Burt spent several seconds digging through one of his bags looking for a coin, before finally finding one and placing it on the blanket and taking the rabbit's foot, he then stepped back and examined the foot

The Wandering Merchant accepts the price, bows at Burt and the money once again vanishes into the depth of it clothes.

Burt loses 1g, gains Rabbit's Foot.

It's a rabbit's foot, with a thread attached to one end so it can be tied to something or worn if desired (having one in inventory passively increases LCK by +1).

It can probably be used in alchemy, but the party doesn't know of any recipes yet which can make use of it.
:-(

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: March 12, 2020, 01:15:33 pm »

Doctor Doak replaces the bow and retires to a nearby tree to read volume I of his nature magic book collection.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: March 12, 2020, 06:53:08 pm »

Reeta buys a short bow from the market then goes to the village square

[Reeta -2 GP]
[Reeta gains Short Bow]

It's a quiet day in the village square. A few guards can be seen in various locations around the village. Ashi and another girl are playing in the village square, as they then see Reeta approach. "Hi Reeta!" Ashi greets her. "So how'd it go with Aven? Are you an adventurer now?"

"Oh by the way this is my sister, Sbell. Sbell, this is Reeta, the new adventurer I was just telling you about." The other girl looks at Reeta and waves shyly, managing a soft "hi" before quickly looking back down at the ground.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: March 12, 2020, 08:34:43 pm »

”I believe so. Hi Shell.”
Reeta notices Shell’s shyness
”I’m usually shy too. This is the first village I’ve been to when I haven’t been chased out or had weapons drawn.”
She turns to Ashi and Sbell
”I haven’t always been able to talk, I learned how you humans talk mostly by hanging out near the taverns or inns. Most of the people I encountered before were called bandits by others, I had to escape a lot. I’m glad you’re so nice and willing to talk with me”
She smiles
”If either of you wanted a weapon or armor, what would you want? I’d imagine after helping out I can use the money to buy tools to defend yourselves with, that way we can defend better. What do you do for fun? Can I join?”

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: March 12, 2020, 10:47:58 pm »

The ironclad slayer wakes up and struggles to away from Maslarien's grasp until he finally gets freed. "Oh... Sorry Lionboy, I thought a greenskin was carrying me."

By looking around, the slayer found the rest of the party is surrounding around something big, it looked like a giant of a creature almost rivalring Dularach. It seems to be showing the group a bunch of assorted weapons and materials in the ground, the one that caught the ironclad's slayer's attention is an odd looking jacket of some sorts.

"I want that!" The slayer exclaimed, shoving away the rest of the adventurers.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 07:09:13 am by invul_nerable »

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: March 13, 2020, 12:06:18 am »

”I believe so. Hi Shell.”
Reeta notices Shell’s shyness
”I’m usually shy too. This is the first village I’ve been to when I haven’t been chased out or had weapons drawn.”
She turns to Ashi and Sbell
”I haven’t always been able to talk, I learned how you humans talk mostly by hanging out near the taverns or inns. Most of the people I encountered before were called bandits by others, I had to escape a lot. I’m glad you’re so nice and willing to talk with me”
She smiles
”If either of you wanted a weapon or armor, what would you want? I’d imagine after helping out I can use the money to buy tools to defend yourselves with, that way we can defend better.

"Hmm..." Ashi thinks about it for a moment. "Some kind of armor would be cool! Something light though, I like to be able to move around quickly."

"Um, w-weapon or armor?" Sbell squeaks. "I-I don't know... nothing too big or heavy though?..."

”What do you do for fun? Can I join?”

"Sure! Oh, there's lots to do for fun!" Ashi says. "Err, well, there was, until the creature attacks started happening. We used to go exploring in the forest and play with the animals, but now it's not safe to leave the village anymore."

"There's still fun things to do though, like games. Do you know Questions and Commands? Basically the rules are, whoever's turn it is has to pick between a Question or a Command. If they pick Question, the other players get to decide on a question to ask them, and they have to answer honestly. If they pick Command, the other players get to decide on a task for them to carry out."

"I-I don't know if I wanna play that game..." Sbell says.

"Yeah, Sbell isn't very good at that game. We usually play with our other sister, Zara. She's real good at it. I think she's hanging out with dad, or maybe she's with her other friends."

"Anyway, sometimes we also like to pretend we're other people, from other places. I like to pretend I'm a knight sometimes, and Sbell pretends she's a princess, or sometimes a witch. Zara is usually a monster or something, like a dragon or a scary beast. We do all sorts of pretend games like that."

"How about you Reeta, what sort of things do you like to do for fun?"
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 01:51:03 pm by MeimieFan88 »
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 13, 2020, 06:40:37 am »

I don’t know if I really did anything fun, the Questions and Commands game sounds interesting though. What are Zara and your dad working on? Maybe I can help? Are you interested in learning how I lasted so long without armor or weapons?

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: March 13, 2020, 12:08:01 pm »

The ironclad slayer wakes up and struggles to away from Maslarien's grasp until he finally gets freed. "Oh... Sorry Lionboy, I thought a greenskin was carrying me."

By looking around, the slayer found the rest of the party is surrounding around something big, it looked like a giant of a creature almost rivalring Dularach. It seems to be showing the group a bunch of assorted weapons and materials in the ground, the one that caught the ironclad's slayer's attention is an odd looking jacket of some sorts.

The Wandering Merchant simply points to the bone charm he has laid out next to the armor and weapons, indicating the currency for exchange.

Spoiler: Vendor Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 12:13:29 pm by Frank »
:-(

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: March 13, 2020, 01:50:23 pm »

I don’t know if I really did anything fun, the Questions and Commands game sounds interesting though. What are Zara and your dad working on? Maybe I can help?

"Our dad is the local smith! Zara helps out with the smithing sometimes, she's pretty strong. They are probably working on something right now, we can go see if you like." Ashi says.

((Name was actually Zana but I like Zara more so I'ma use that, noone noticed anything :ninja:))

Are you interested in learning how I lasted so long without armor or weapons?

"Yeah! That seems real hard. And where are you from, do you live near here?"

"Are there a lot of bandits out there? What were they like?" Asks Sbell in a timid but curious voice.
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: March 13, 2020, 02:03:09 pm »

((oops, I meant to type Zana but apparently my IPad thinks Zana is an incorrect spelling of Zara for some reason. Whichever name you go with is fine))
Reeta shows them her purple flute. the bandits mostly tried to take me apart, thinking the plants weren’t me. As for how I survive, I have a special flute that causes those who hear it to get confused as to who are allies and who are enemies, usually this is enough to distract while I escape. I can also release a scent from my flowers that causes those who smell it to forget what they were doing and the reason why they were doing the task they forgot. I came from the forest.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: March 13, 2020, 02:09:11 pm »

"Hey the armoured idiot woke up and it looks like he still has the normal level of brain damage."
Burt said as he stuffed the rabbit foot into a pocket.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: March 13, 2020, 04:11:45 pm »

((oops, I meant to type Zana but apparently my IPad thinks Zana is an incorrect spelling of Zara for some reason. Whichever name you go with is fine))
Reeta shows them her purple flute. the bandits mostly tried to take me apart, thinking the plants weren’t me. As for how I survive, I have a special flute that causes those who hear it to get confused as to who are allies and who are enemies, usually this is enough to distract while I escape. I can also release a scent from my flowers that causes those who smell it to forget what they were doing and the reason why they were doing the task they forgot. I came from the forest.

((MMMM it will be Zara :)) ))

The girls look at the flute. "Woah... does that mean that if I listen to it I'll get really confused? That sounds scary." Ashi says.

"Huh, a scent that causes those who smell it to forget what they were doing? That sounds odd. It's not dangerous, is it? That would be funny to see happen to some of the boys." Ashi giggles, and Sbell smiles shyly.
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: March 13, 2020, 04:30:58 pm »

I only use them when I’m in danger. Given that it is an Adventuring Company, I think I will be working with others, so I’m going to need to find things to protect them from sound and smells so that only intended targets are affected. I’m going to go try helping Zara, bye for now, hope to see you two again
She smiles, then goes to the smithy
hello. Is there anything I can help with? I’m Reeta
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 04:32:33 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: March 14, 2020, 05:47:17 am »

The Wandering Merchant simply points to the bone charm he has laid out next to the armor and weapons, indicating the currency for exchange.

Spoiler: Vendor Inventory (click to show/hide)
"Oh you want to trade my bone-charm to that? Sweet!"

The ironclad slayer immediately handed out the bone-charm and exclaimed, "I want that!" while pointing at the gambeson.

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: March 14, 2020, 07:31:05 am »

Edwarg had already emptied his mug when he walked out the bar toward the Adventuring Company HQ, he had instructed his two subordinates to get chummy with the town guards after they done with their booze. If the intel in the mission briefing was solid, this town sure needs more help to defend itself rather than sending more people to the forest.

Edwarg knocked the door gently. The organization always taught all of their field agent to be courteous, so he waited until someone came and invite him to enter the building.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 07:34:37 am by Silversky »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 142