Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119623 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #990 on: March 11, 2020, 10:14:48 am »

"That thing doesn't look that friendly and I don't remember seeing anyone like that in town when we left."
Burt unslung rifle and chambered a round in case the creature wasn't friendly.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 11, 2020, 10:25:49 am »

The mask was a bit off-putting, but being big as a barn wasn't a crime, and sitting down as body language usually translated to "Not interested in fighting", at least among the company Jack liked to keep.

Fine weather, i'n't it? The plants'll love it. Too bad it's colder than a well digger's ass, eh?

He continued, unfettered.

He hoped to get some kind of response from the fellow.

The thing remains silent, but starts to unravel the sheets and folds of clothes draped over itself. It removes various equipment bundled in them, spreads some of the cloth on the ground before itself, and arranges all sorts of items onto the cloth with meticulous care. Although there is some variety in the trinkets and such, the thing has taken care to split them into two distinct piles.

On one side are mail gloves, a potion, a tiny vial with mysterious silvery metal in it, a loaf of elven long-bread, a set of armor with a peculiar smell, a poleaxe and a severed rabbit's foot.

On the other is a piece of rugged cloth armor; a dagger with a richly decorated sheathe composed of images of cavalrymen, eagles and flayed gods; a rosewood longbow which glows with a light of its own, and a crossbow of peculiar design.

It refuses to say anything once more but gazes in the direction of the party, as to beckon them towards his wares.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 11:34:29 am by Frank »
:-(

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 11, 2020, 10:27:30 am »

Dixie whispered to Lucy, whose hand she held as usual. "Is that a village person? If not, can we just kill it instead?"
"Never seen that one in the village." Lucy replied concisely. "I didn't think you'll be the trigger-happy one here?"

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 11, 2020, 10:45:01 am »

"Oh it's a merchant... But why here, why us, why now? It feels so coincidential." Dixie uttered on.

She then shrugged, walked towards the kneeling tall man and then knelt in front if it and its wares. She pointed at the bread, then looked at her team. "If this is what I think it is, it could sustain all of us for a whole month. Very rare bread."

Turning her glance back to the wares, she then carefully lifted the dagger and unsheathed it, running her mana throigh it of course. Anything special?
I have a YouTube channel.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 11, 2020, 10:45:38 am »

Reeta found yet another village, aSign read Mystville. She looks for a villager who doesn’t have weapons drawn, and cautiously walks towards him/her. ”Hello, my name is Reeta Dollup, please don’t hurt me”
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 11:25:34 am by Naturegirl1999 »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 11, 2020, 10:48:54 am »

A man of few words... I can appreciate that. mused Jack, still instinctually cautious. 

He set his own bag down, reached inside, and rummaged for his coin purse.  That bow looked appealing. After a moment, he found what he sought, then held it up conspicuously at the seated figure.

If a purchase was requested as the show of hospitality, it was important to know what the seller sought first.

He waited for a response from the seated gentleman.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 11, 2020, 10:51:49 am »

"What do you mean it rare bread, I found one of those in the tower and it looks stale as hell."
Burt reslung the rifle and approached the strange guy and looked at all the items he had laid out, and tried to see it he got any bad vibes from any of it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 11, 2020, 11:07:15 am »

A man of few words... I can appreciate that. mused Jack, still instinctually cautious. 

He set his own bag down, reached inside, and rummaged for his coin purse.  That bow looked appealing. After a moment, he found what he sought, then held it up conspicuously at the seated figure.

If a purchase was requested as the show of hospitality, it was important to know what the seller sought first.

He waited for a response from the seated gentleman.

The thing takes out a bag of its own, mirroring One Eye'd Jack's movement. It eyes the gold inside Jack's coin purse, then takes out little pebbles from its own, painted dull white. It places a number of them next to each item, with the exception of the gear in the secondary pile.

PILE A
PILE B
Aegean Mail Mitten (9)crossbow
Potion of Sagacity (3)dagger
Rabbit's Foot (1)longbow
Cheese Armor (15)cloth armor
Elven Baguette (1)
Mysterious Vial (5)
Bec de Corbin (7)

"Oh it's a merchant... But why here, why us, why now? It feels so coincidential." Dixie uttered on.

She then shrugged, walked towards the kneeling tall man and then knelt in front if it and its wares. She pointed at the bread, then looked at her team. "If this is what I think it is, it could sustain all of us for a whole month. Very rare bread."

Turning her glance back to the wares, she then carefully lifted the dagger and unsheathed it, running her mana throigh it of course. Anything special?

"What do you mean it rare bread, I found one of those in the tower and it looks stale as hell."
Burt reslung the rifle and approached the strange guy and looked at all the items he had laid out, and tried to see it he got any bad vibes from any of it.

The items seem benign. Running magic through the dagger doesn't seem to elicit any response from it. The thing turns its neck and stares in Dixie's direction.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 11:10:51 am by Frank »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 11, 2020, 11:15:56 am »

Jack rose silently, and walked just as silently, then sat before the seated merchant, before giving a respectful nod.

He extracted one gold coin, and laid it on the blanket beside the white token near the baguette.  Mama needed all the food she could get.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 11:30:52 am by wierd »

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: March 11, 2020, 11:51:40 am »

Jack rose silently, and walked just as silently, then sat before the seated merchant, then gave a respectful nod.

He extracted one gold coin, and laid it on the blanket beside the white token next to the baguette.  Mama needed all the food she could get.

The Wandering Merchant bows solemnly while seated, picks up the gold coin Jack placed and stuffs it somewhere inside of its clothes.

One Eye'd Jack loses 1g, gains Elven Baguette.

Spoiler: Item Stats (PILE A) (click to show/hide)

PILE A
PILE B
Aegean Mail Mitten (9g)crossbow
Potion of Sagacity (3g)dagger
Rabbit's Foot (1g)longbow
Cheese Armor (15g)cloth armor
Elven Baguette (1g sold)
Mysterious Vial (5g)
Bec de Corbin (7g)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 01:10:14 pm by Frank »

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: March 11, 2020, 11:59:19 am »

Reeta found yet another village, aSign read Mystville. She looks for someone who doesn’t have weapons drawn, and cautiously walks towards him/her. ”Hello, my name is Reeta Dollup, please don’t hurt me”

A girl was playing in the village square when she saw Reeta walk towards her and introduce herself.

"Oh um, hello! I'm Ashi." The girl is curious, but also cautious, staying some distance from Reeta.

"Are you an adventurer? The wild animals and monsters in the forest have been attacking the village lately, so it hasn't been very safe. But you don't seem like one of the monsters." She looks curiously at Reeta, intrigued by her odd plant-like appearance.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 11, 2020, 12:09:58 pm »

Jack returns the seated figure's bow as he collects the baguette, Stands, then bows again respectfully before departing back to the tree he originally sat under.

Mama was still standing where he had walked away from, looking at him curiously, and a little worriedly. He smiled. The thought of her caring for him like that made his heart feel mushy.  He called her over.

Timidly, the big she-bear waddled up, then sat down next to him with a plop, then plastered his face in kisses.  He was happy to see her too.

He got her to look into his eye, then told her about the transaction. The ritualized behaviors of "2 legged things" were completely alien to her, but she totally understood the concept of food.  He let her know that there wasn't a whole lot, so they should try to make it last, and eat it slowly.  She felt that was silly-- If there was food, you should just eat it.  Jack scratched her all over, hugged on her neck, and rubbed her chest, then made his case again, implying that she would get all the food he had, but not all at once.

She grumbled, but accepted, moved to sit behind him, and put her head over his shoulder with interest, as Jack tore a slice-sized hunk off the loaf, and presented it to her.  She snarfed it from him, and practically inhaled it, before suddenly stopping.

The sudden change caught his attention. Alarmed, he turned to look at her. Here eyes were large like she was surprised or scared.

(i'm)FULL!(HOW?!)

Jack was incredulous, and still very worried about her sudden change in behavior, worried he had fed her something he shouldn't have. She nudged his face, and licked him generously, asserting that she was simply not hungry anymore, and did not understand why either.

Curious, he peeled a bite sized bit from the loaf, sniffed it, and ate it.  It was bread, and not bad actually--- But still bread.  He swallowed.  Practically instantly, he felt full too. The two of them marveled at each other for several seconds, before Jack put the rest of the loaf away.

(Better)save it!(for later)

he mused at her, and the two had mutual agreement.  This was a wondrous bit of bread. Jack felt that if it was actual satiety, and not just some clever bit of weight-loss magic, it would be DAMN helpful if they ever had to travel through barren areas.

He turned his attention back to the silent merchant, and bowed very deeply at the seated figure.

This had been a most amazing transaction.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 11, 2020, 04:02:57 pm »

hi, Ashi. I suppose I could become an adventurer. I would like to help with stopping the attacks. What types of monsters attacked?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 11, 2020, 06:33:31 pm »

Jack rose silently, and walked just as silently, then sat before the seated merchant, then gave a respectful nod.

He extracted one gold coin, and laid it on the blanket beside the white token next to the baguette.  Mama needed all the food she could get.

The Wandering Merchant bows solemnly while seated, picks up the gold coin Jack placed and stuffs it somewhere inside of its clothes.

One Eye'd Jack loses 1g, gains Elven Baguette.

Spoiler: Item Stats (PILE A) (click to show/hide)

PILE A
PILE B
Aegean Mail Mitten (9g)crossbow
Potion of Sagacity (3g)dagger
Rabbit's Foot (1g)longbow
Cheese Armor (15g)cloth armor
Elven Baguette (1g sold)
Mysterious Vial (5g)
Bec de Corbin (7g)

Doctor Doak wanders over to the bow, picks it up, then picks a gem out of the pouch in his pocket, raising an eyebrow toward the giant salesman as if to ask "how much?"
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 11, 2020, 07:52:44 pm »

hi, Ashi. I suppose I could become an adventurer. I would like to help with stopping the attacks. What types of monsters attacked?

"Mostly wild animals, and some gnolls. And one time this weird-looking slimey creature. It's getting worse, and they all seem to have lost their minds."

"You can help out if you like! The adventuring company sent out lots of calls for help, and some adventurers recently arrived in town, but they went off into the woods a few days ago. I hope they'll be back soon..."

"Anyway, the adventuring company HQ is just over there." She points to a building not far away. "Aven manages things there, you should talk to him if you want to become an adventurer. He's friendly."
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 142