Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119712 times)

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #885 on: March 05, 2020, 10:56:08 pm »

Dixie fell back as the padlock glowed and vanished, bit of surprise painted on her face, followed by relief, and a genuine smile for once after she nearly met her end. The Dagger of Destiny flew back onto her hand, and she felt its side with her other hand, very impressed by it. Is it just her though, or the Dagger itself actually felt exhausted after it?

The Dagger then vanished out of sight, hidden by the Bound Ring for later use.

Time to loot. Dixie then carefully opened the checkerboard-patterned chest while kneeling.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 10:59:35 pm by The Centipede »
I have a YouTube channel.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: March 05, 2020, 11:08:27 pm »

Time to loot. Dixie then carefully opened the checkerboard-patterned chest while kneeling.

Inside the chest is a smaller, rectangular box, and another closed parchment.
:-(

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: March 05, 2020, 11:10:50 pm »

Hm... odd.

Dixie reads the parchment, and then opens the small box if she can.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 05, 2020, 11:29:15 pm »

Dixie reads the parchment, and then opens the small box if she can.

Written inside in familiar cursive font:

The contents of Goblin Chess Chest are reserved for the winners of Goblin Chess. You may take this Limited Edition set of Goblin Chess for trying, and failing, at Goblin Chess.

The smaller box is a folded board of Goblin Chess. The board is made of wood, checkered with cream-and-ebony squares, the pieces are made of shiny bronze and black marble.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: March 05, 2020, 11:40:48 pm »

Is this it? Dixie rubbed her cheek. There must be something else about these items.

Run mana testing on both the chessboard and parchment.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: March 05, 2020, 11:51:09 pm »

(meanwhile, downstairs)

Mama watched curiously as Jack stayed behind, busying himself with the curious task of moving two displays out of their alcoves;  One just out and to the left of the alcove, and other-- out of its alcove, across the room, and to the right of the prior one-- The robe stand, and the staff stand, respectively. After moving those heavy objects across the floor, seemingly for no reason that she could think of, he pulled the mud-crusted blanket out of his sack and shook it, sending a spray of drying clay chips into the room. By this point, she had gotten used to some of his more peculiar behaviors; He always had some explanation that involved more twists and turns than a rabbit warren, but he wasn't completely crazy. He probably had a similarly complex reason this time.  At least, she hoped he did.

Draping the blanket over the two heavy wooden edifices, creating an opaque but easily passed barrier over the opening in the wall into the space just inside, he looked back at her with a sparkle in his eye nad his face contorted in one of those strange human ways that was hard for her to read.

She felt his thoughts blossom around hers, just at the edges, as always.  He certainly was pleased with himself, that much was sure.  His emotions were bright like the summer sun. He wove a dizzying image that was hard to follow, like always. He was implying that with the others gone upstairs, he had set this up to block out the garish light of the room, and .. then some complex conception that did not make sense to her, but clearly did to him-- being alone together and undisturbed? The idea was silly to her, who cared what happened around whom-- She sure didn't.  But, she was glad he had stayed behind, and had the forethought not to pester her to go up that thin wooden stick like the others had.

Her human had all these strange twists and turns in its behavior, like walls that only existed in certain circumstances and not in others. It was confusing AND frustrating-- but he was always warm, gentle, and attentive, even if not in the ways she wanted, when she wanted it. She got the impression that some of those walls had come down, with the erection of this flimsy, dirt-scented one. Amused, she plodded up to him, then nudged him over onto his butt, then pushed him under the barrier and into the alcove.

He wasn't getting away this time. It frustrated her how dense he could be about things some times-- how could something with a mind like that not get such a simple thing?

She grabbed his collar, and drug him into the space beyond.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 06, 2020, 12:01:44 am »

Run mana testing on both the chessboard and parchment.

There seems to be nothing exceptional about either item, although trace magical residue on the parchment is identical to the parchment from the other chest.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 06, 2020, 12:17:52 am »

She shrugged, then placed the parchment into the goblin chessboard and hooked it to the left waist side of her leather armor. She then looked around. "Lucy?"

She instead took first notice of Jack erecting a blanket wall over one of the alcoves, and then the bear nudging him into it with her. While her right hand hovered to the side, waiting for Lucy's, she wondered what they're planning to do inside that small covered space.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: March 06, 2020, 12:49:03 am »

She shrugged, then placed the parchment into the goblin chessboard and hooked it to the left waist side of her leather armor. She then looked around. "Lucy?"

She instead took first notice of Jack erecting a blanket wall over one of the alcoves, and then the bear nudging him into it with her. While her right hand hovered to the side, waiting for Lucy's, she wondered what they're planning to do inside that small covered space.
"Here."

Over at the locked chest's original spot, examining the floor.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: March 06, 2020, 12:50:34 am »

Dixie walked up to him looking at the floor. "Notice something?"

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: March 06, 2020, 12:59:22 am »

"If I'm getting this right, there's a mechanism to sink this tile. Probably with whatever is on it, to be switched out of sight." He shrugged. "Doubt we can pry it off, though."

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: March 06, 2020, 01:08:40 am »

"Yeah... Maybe we could ask the marble chic below."

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 06, 2020, 02:30:17 am »

"Or we could continue upstairs. I think someone need their privacy."

Lucy's eyes didn't budge, not even facing in that direction, but the one-eyed hobo could certainly feel an amused gaze directed from him.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 06, 2020, 02:33:48 am »

"Hm? Oh... oh. "

Dixie and Lucy then began the climb up, him following her. Since the notion has been brought up already...

"By the way, you didn't mean that as exchange for your teachings, did you? "

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: March 06, 2020, 02:43:35 am »

"Honestly, I have not decided yet. Is that how you interpret it?" He chuckled. "It's an option, for sure."
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 142