Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119973 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #675 on: February 18, 2020, 08:54:22 am »

"This is such a strange room, but I see no reason to be afraid of the darkness in it, so I'm gonna go look in it."

Burt walks in to a patch of unexplored darkness with his revolver at the ready.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 19, 2020, 05:26:34 am »

The ironclad slayer stopped him before he moves even further. "What, you too?" He sighed. "I told you to stick behind us. Follow either Fortune teller or Giant spider dude, we cant risk getting divided and separated in this darkness."

The slayer looks at Linea. "Elf girl, take the lead."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 19, 2020, 05:46:31 am »

"Your not my supervisor, I don't have to listen to you, and sense when where you in charge of the group, and its not like darkness can kill me."

Burt walks around the armoured guy and goes into the darkness with his revolver ready.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 19, 2020, 06:13:17 am »

The ironclad slayer stopped him before he moves even further. "What, you too?" He sighed. "I told you to stick behind us. Follow either Fortune teller or Giant spider dude, we cant risk getting divided and separated in this darkness."

The slayer looks at Linea. "Elf girl, take the lead."

Laemmle will nod gesture on Linea once she will take it. She will tag along with elf if she do. It is her call.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 19, 2020, 07:38:12 pm »

"While you are scanning with your magical eyes. Let me be your sword and shield for your protection." Laemmle said and smile to Linea. Unsheathe her sword and ready her shield to guard for their defensive around the two.

Laemmle spawn at Linea's tile. Being her Protector and autocombat in Defensive Play.
"I have no magical eyes, nor something like elf-eyes." Linea grumbled, the last thing she needed was someone reminding her about the ability she would never ever master.

"Well, get on with it, just don't go too near to my arrow."

Linea deactivated the playbook and moved to K5. Weapons ready. Agile activated

Linea and Laemmle move towards K5, Linea with her bow and Laemmle with her sword and shield at the ready. As they slow move into the darkness, all seems to be silent. Suddenly, an alien glow begins to emit from the darkness. A strange magical artifact of some sort lights up with astonishing speed, and then launches an otherworldly projectile towards the adventurers.

Laemmle quickly raises her shield, readying herself for impact. 15 damage taken (30% magic resist, 50% defend bonus). Meanwhile, Linea returns fire twice with her bow, dealing 46+32 damage to the hostile artifact.

"Your not my supervisor, I don't have to listen to you, and sense when where you in charge of the group, and its not like darkness can kill me."

Burt walks around the armoured guy and goes into the darkness with his revolver ready.

Another strange artifact lights up from across the room and launches a magical projectile at Burt, dealing 43 damage to him. He quickly returns fire, dealing 44 damage to the artifact. Meanwhile, Burt's Paranoia triggers, causing him to gain +50% evasion, but also lose 50% accuracy for the next turn.

Meanwhile, the vague and disturbing sound of whirling gets a bit louder, which can be heard mostly by Burt, probably not easing his paranoia.

Spoiler: pewpew (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: enemy condition (click to show/hide)

Character Sheets (Stamina values not yet fully updated, everything else should be though)

Next turn has begun.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 07:09:35 pm by MeimieFan88 »
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 19, 2020, 08:37:59 pm »

Doctor Doak moves to M5, shoots the artifact at E9 with his crossbow.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 19, 2020, 10:02:58 pm »

Linea and Laemmle move towards K5, Linea with her bow and Laemmle with her sword and shield at the ready. As they slow move into the darkness, all seems to be silent. Suddenly, an alien glow begins to emit from the darkness. A strange magical artifact of some sort lights up with astonishing speed, and then launches an otherworldly projectile towards the adventurers.

Laemmle quickly raises her shield, readying herself for impact. 15 damage taken (30% magic resist, 50% defend bonus). Meanwhile, Linea returns fire twice with her bow, dealing 33+32 damage to the hostile artifact.

As the magical projectile headed toward to their area. The splash damage of it caught by a golden light barrier that surrounded the two. The barrier became fading away overtime after catching the attack and it will trigger again from the incoming magical attacks as Laemmle is on defensive mode.

The function of barrier absorb magical attacks into Laemmle herself when she is protecting someone, taking all damage along from her partner's damage receive but her magic resistance lessen its effectiveness.

"I bet these are sentries securing the floor, stay alert no one know if there is more on this area.

Linea, I'll keep up our defense. Keep focusing for offense." Laemmle spoke up to her.

Laemmle keep on auto combat. Defensive Play for Linea's tile.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 20, 2020, 12:55:55 am »

The ironclad slayer is confused, his instincts tell him to charge, but his rational side tells him that he should protect Dixie.

"Spider dude!" He exclaimed. "Cover Deerhead(Burt) before he gets badly injured."

"Rangers, move closer and give covering fire." He exclaimed. "Everyone else, create a vanguard, try to close your the gap between you and those contraptions."

By moving Dularach in the middle of the map, the spider would create a literal wall between him and the enemies that might come. This would create an artificial line offence between Leammle and the giant spider. The fighters be the vanguard while the rangers would provide covering fire. Also, adding additional bodies up front will confuse the contraptions who to attack.

Hopefully, everyone follows the plan, hopefully this plan works.

It is preferable if Dularach moves to M9 and others occupy N6, M7, N8

GSH moves to M8(1ap)
GSH use defend(1AP) <--- MOVE REVOKED
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 05:12:16 am by invul_nerable »

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 20, 2020, 01:00:42 am »

Dixie couldn't quite get her sights off that artifact at Tile F14. It might be the reason both this darkness persists and the soul gems are firing lasers at them. Someone has to sacrifice to get there.

She exhaled. "I suppose it's my turn to be the careless one."

She went down on all fours and strode towards the artifact at Tile F14 like a cat, then took that artifact out of whatever is holding it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 01:38:36 am by The Centipede »
I have a YouTube channel.

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 20, 2020, 02:28:10 am »

As the Doctor moved forwards, Maslarein moved with him. Armoured Comrade challenged him to protect Smart Person, and Maslarein never quit a challenge. He was going to protect Smart Person, or Die Trying! HaHa!

Maslarein moves to M5 with Doctor Doak and Defends.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 20, 2020, 08:10:02 am »

"Oh god the rocks are fighting back, shooting me with lasers!"

Burt gets on the ground and does the Defend thing.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 20, 2020, 08:35:59 am »

He knew it-- He [EXPLETIVE DELETED] **KNEW** it!

He strained against the sound of gunfire, shouting and the sounds of the odd glowing objects blasting out their arcane rays of doom, hearing the whirling sound, and knowing [Scatological reference] was going to get even worse.

He wanted to go back down the stairs with Mama, but Doak and the lion man were blocking the entrance. 

He looked out into the gloom, and saw the Man-Deer getting blasted and go down. He listened again for the whirling noise, hearing it closer to that one, rather than the two girls.

He wrestled with himself for quite some time, before putting a shaking hand on Mama's shoulder, channeling every bit of courage he had into his quivering legs, and took 3 steps in. He did NOT want to close to the same place as the brazen fool with the deer's head, he just wanted to get close enough to roll him his last potion, because things were looking too grim to ignore.  He planned to hightail it back to where he and mama were previously as fast as possible but this needed to be done.

He bit his lip, and walked half the distance, and crouched before shouting.

E'ER KILL THE [EXPLETIVE DELETED] THING OR GET [EXPLETIVE DELETED] BACK HERE, AND [EXPLETIVE DELETED] PATCH YERSELF BACK UP!

At the last word, he rolled the potion hard at the kneeling figure.

------
Jack and Mama move together to Q7
Jack rolls his last potion to Burt at O9.
Mama Defends

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: February 21, 2020, 07:11:07 am »

Darkness enveloped the group after Linea unleashed their only source of light. The very thought of someone... something snuck up on them quickly plagued her mind, but she tried to keep such paranoia at bay and remained focus on what dangers lied ahead.

It was now very easy for her to pinpoint the location of the traps, even in total darkness. After the unsuccessful attempt to snipe her, their very body glows with magical power, probably recharging for another shot. She without any hesitation fire at them first, normal arrow to the artifact with the weakest glow, fire-enchanted ones for the other one.

Linea shot the target at E11 until it dies (normal arrow), and at the E9 with enchanted arrows using her remained AP. After the end of the turn, she will keep another enchanted arrow nocked on her bow for lighting. 

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 21, 2020, 09:39:33 pm »

GM announcement:

Since we realize that the current death mechanic might be too harsh, we are changing these as following (for we are generous gods):

-Lucy's heal is now limited to 300HP per day. Plus 50HP per players' level.
-If a player's HP reaches 0 or below and deathblow resist fails to trigger, the player becomes downed, instead of dying.
-Downed player cannot do any action, and dies if their HP reach negative 50%.
-Every turn, downed player takes 10% of maximum HP as damage starting from the next turn after they're downed.
-Downed player can be healed, but cannot exceed 0HP until the battle ends.
-If revived, receive maximum Fatigue decay.
-Also, default HP Regen during combat has been removed.

Doctor Doak moves to M5, shoots the artifact at E9 with his crossbow.
Doctor Doak deals 26 damage to the artifact at E9. Target is now near death. Crossbow Bolts remaining: 2.

Laemmle keep on auto combat. Defensive Play for Linea's tile.
Action registered.

GSH moves to M7(1ap)
When GSH steps on the M7 tile, the tile unnaturally sinks into the ground, as a hidden mechanism is then triggered. A bolt of magical frost launches from a nearby wall towards GSH, dealing 26 damage and causing GSH to become slowed for the next 2 turns. (-1 AP)

She went down on all fours and strode towards the artifact at Tile F14 like a cat, then took that artifact out of whatever is holding it.
Dixie dashes towards F14, bypassing the triggered trap mechanism at M7. As she steps onto L9, the hostile artifact at E9 glows with menacing speed, launching its projectile at Dixie and dealing 48 damage (13% magic resisted). Stepping onto the J10 tile triggers another frostbolt trap, dealing 23 damage (13% magic resisted) and causing Dixie to become slowed for the next 2 turns (-1 AP). Then, stepping onto the I11 tile causes the artifact at E11 to glow, as Dixie takes another magical projectile hit for 40 damage (13% magic resisted). Having taken too much damage, Dixie falls to the ground. Dixie has become downed at -2 HP, and is losing 11 HP per turn. Should her HP fall to -55 HP or below, she will die.

Maslarein moves to M5 with Doctor Doak and Defends.
Action registered.

Burt gets on the ground and does the Defend thing.
Action registered. Paranoia has worn off.

Jack and Mama move together to Q7
Jack rolls his last potion to Burt at O9.
Mama Defends
[OEJ -1 Healing Potion]
[Burt +1 Healing Potion]

Linea shot the target at E11 until it dies (normal arrow), and at the E9 with enchanted arrows using her remained AP. After the end of the turn, she will keep another enchanted arrow nocked on her bow for lighting. 
Linea deals 26 damage to the hostile artifact at E11, causing it to crumble and deactivate. She then deals 39 damage to the hostile artifact at E9, causing it to also crumble and deactivate. Arrows remaining: 38.

The strange whirling sound continues, seemingly moving somewhere. Burt hears it getting slightly louder than before.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map with labels (click to show/hide)
Character Sheets (Should be fully up to date)

Next turn has begun.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: February 22, 2020, 12:26:52 am »

Maslarein watched as Dixie ran out into the room. He respected that, running ahead to save everyone. She’d probably be fine, she looked like someone who knew what they were doing. Almost the second he thought that, traps around Dixie activated.

He couldn’t see her anymore, the darkness blocking his vision of her probably extremely injured body, but he knew where she would have fallen. ‘Oh, crap. That‘s bad.’. Maslarein was running immediately, as fast as he could, hoping he could get there before another trap triggered, or an enemy appeared, or anything else happened.

No time to get my shield up, I’ll just have to body block anything that attacks her.” Maslarein wasn’t laughing or shouting his words as usual. For once, he was actually serious. Someone needed help, so he would help them. As simple as that.

Maslarein spends 2 AP to Move to I11, and will attempt to interpose himself between Dixie and the Hostile Artifact.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 03:19:57 am by LovecraftianFairyTale »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 142