Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120175 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #465 on: February 10, 2020, 09:12:11 pm »

Doctor Doak peruses the clearing for some alchemy ingredients.

Also examine the human corpses if possible. If so, look to retrieve a brain plant, and drip a drop of the thin green goo to see what happens.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 10, 2020, 09:20:59 pm »

"No, I'm fine, I already healed my... What time is..."

She looked at the sky, then at the shadows at the ground. Seems like she misjudged how much of their time was wasted just on walking.

A deep sigh. When did this hero business start feeling so much like a life-threatening chore...

With all her pent-up anger, she held her hands above her head and charged her mana around it. Fire initially spurted out, then inverted in itself and froze in a snap, and she then threw Her hands forward, sending a huge shard of ice halfway through the trunk of a tree.

After several deep breaths, she walked towards the Greenskins' Holocaust, glared at him and said nothing. She then went to Doak to ask what he's roaming about for, and helps him find alchemical ingredients.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 10:01:42 pm by The Centipede »
I have a YouTube channel.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 10, 2020, 10:00:50 pm »

Also examine the human corpses if possible. If so, look to retrieve a brain plant, and drip a drop of the thin green goo to see what happens.
The corpse was terribly skinny, but it hadn't decomposed at all. At some parts the skin and flesh were missing, seamlessly changing into plant parts of which the extended nerves connected at. It seemed that whatever happened to create the creature, it only needed bones and nervous system from the human host to form a mandibeast and was in the process of stripping the unneeded details. Yet it didn't have the prior thoughts to remove clothing, as seen from remaining bits and scraps of leather and metal underneath the wooden coating.

It lacked brain or any semblance of central nervous system, but alongside the spine was semi-crystalline growth of plants similar to the brain-growth of the feral animals. It's leaking more of those green substance. Dripping more goo on it didn't do anything.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 10, 2020, 10:10:56 pm »

((By the way, Frank got the loot stuff so please wait for him to roll your fate kthx))

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 10, 2020, 10:37:33 pm »

"No, I'm fine, I already healed my... What time is..."

She looked at the sky, then at the shadows at the ground. Seems like she misjudged how much of their time was wasted just on walking.

A deep sigh. When did this hero business start feeling so much like a life-threatening chore...

With all her pent-up anger, she held her hands above her head and charged her mana around it. Fire initially spurted out, then inverted in itself and froze in a snap, and she then threw Her hands forward, sending a huge shard of ice halfway through the trunk of a tree.

After several deep breaths, she walked towards the Greenskins' Holocaust, glared at him and said nothing. She then went to Doak to ask what he's roaming about for, and helps him find alchemical ingredients.
Laemmle proceed to Dixie. Sheathed her sword back into its scabbard and put her shield behind her like a backpack.

"You seemed spent to much for saving those hot-headed. Let me stick with you this time so that you'll be protected while in taking a break~

Don't push yourself." She then hug Dixie. She then offer Dixie with her water ration.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 10, 2020, 10:58:08 pm »

"Hm? Thanks for your concern but I'm fi--" Interrupted by Laemmle's hug. "Oh... m-hm..." She wrapped her arms around Laemmle's neck in response, playing with her blonde hair a bit while idly looking at the grass behind her.

Dixie thanked her for the water, drinking only a single swallow of it, then licking her own lips afterwards.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 11, 2020, 03:40:34 am »

Jack awoke to the sounds of grass frogs croaking, and the dull drone of mama's breathing.  She had him essentially pinned down under her heavy neck and chest. He gently wiggled to get loose, only to rouse her, and have her heavy paw come down on his shoulder, and have sleepy eyes staring at him.

He tried to reason with her, but all he got back was a confusing jumble.. Something like..

"(forceful)Stay" and "warm", "soft", "nice", "mine" and a paradoxical mixture of contentedness and irritation.

He stopped, and just let her head stay on his chest, holding him down.  He looked up at the trees in the night time gloom, catching just tiny hints of moonlight in the cool night spring air, as he absently rubbed mama on the back of her neck and behind her ears. She just breathed deeply, settled down on him heavier, and resumed snoring.

He could hear the Shiny Metal [expletive deleted] and the imposing looking man-lion having a very intellectually-challenged conversation about why the others were so upset with them. The lion man was the one asking the shiny metal [expletive], and the latter was trying to give half-assed, but at least somewhat plausible explanations for why, before diffusing the conversation in a different direction.  Jack was surprised when he did not ask about "greenskins"-- He instead asked how it was that the lion man had gotten into adventuring in the first place; It sounded like the shiny numbskull was being overcome by something nostalgic, and was looking for outside reinforcement or reflection.   

He wriggled again, trying to get free. Whatever the two were talking about, he again tuned them out, focusing on the touchy matter of getting out from under mama, without getting her mad at him. She grunted irritatedly, and pinned him again, again with the glittering eyes in the night.

"(more forcefully) STAY" with "Stop wiggling" and "More stroking"

He invented a reason she could not refuse, which was only half-way an invention.  He responded that he needed to get up to take a leak, overplaying the feeling of urgency, in the hopes she would relent.

All he got back was a bewildering amalgamation of disappointment, frustration, impatience, and acceptance, as she lifted her arm, and raised her head enough off of him to permit his escape. It had carried a tonality of "Hurry back", with a bit of a warning in it.

He gingerly slipped away from her, and watched her bulk shift position without him under her, then leaned against the tree, and stretched. Loud popping ripped down his back, both his elbows, his knees and hips, as he made a contented grunt. He had really needed to stretch those out.

The sad part was that he really did have to go.

He muttered to himself, and shuffled away from mama, looking for a good spot.  As he found one, and steam rose in the moonlit air, he caught those two idiots' conversation again.  They were going on about keeping awake with sparring practice. He decided he needed to hurry this along to break up such a damned fool idea, before they could wake the damn dead at night.  Stopping them was the safer bet than getting mama upset with him for failing to come back to bed in a timely manner.  At least he could reason with mama.

Finishing up, he grabbed his walking stick, and shuffled toward the firelight.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 03:44:59 am by wierd »

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 11, 2020, 05:46:06 am »

Doctor Doak peruses the clearing for some alchemy ingredients.

She then went to Doak to ask what he's roaming about for, and helps him find alchemical ingredients.

The previous party drops have been transferred to Doctor Doak's inventory.

Gained 1 Rock Salt, 1 Wolf Fang, 1 Wolf Winterberry and 1 Blanketweed.
:-(

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 11, 2020, 07:23:07 am »

The ironclad slayer sat beside one-eyed hobo. "You know, that's a fine lady you have there" pointing at the bear.

The hobo looked at him surprised. "No judgement, as long as you don't force intercourse like greenskins do, im cool with that."

"Those filthy greenskins" he murmured.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 11, 2020, 07:29:19 am »

After helping Doak find for alchemy stuff, helping prep and light up the bonfire and eating safe nearby berries, Dixie made sure to choose a sleeping spot behind a tree, that protects her from both the bright bonfire and the eventual morning sun, if she remembers the sun's direction correctly.

Pulling a thick blanket (almost its own small mattress, really) from her rather tiny bag, she flops the fairly square thing onto the tree's roots (half of it bending up on the trunk) and began to sleep on it in a slouching sitting position, bag on her side, armor and weapons still buckled on her person.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 11, 2020, 07:37:34 am »

Jack was struck between the eyes.

I.. I. I uh.... he stammered, his cheeks instantly going red hot, and the hair on the back of his head standing straight up. I Dunno wha' yer talkin 'bout.

He tried to control his breathing, and think of something to diffuse this situation, but was probably digging the hole he suddenly found himself in deeper.  Rumors, and gossip were one of the worst things about dealing with other humans-- They just DID NOT understand AT ALL.

Always jumpin to damn conclusions... he thought to himself.

Mama an' I--- We's...  Well Hell boy- It ain't like that!

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 11, 2020, 07:55:57 am »

After helping Doak find for alchemy stuff, helping prep and light up the bonfire and eating safe nearby berries, Dixie made sure to choose a sleeping spot behind a tree, that protects her from both the bright bonfire and the eventual morning sun, if she remembers the sun's direction correctly.

Pulling a thick blanket (almost its own small mattress, really) from her rather tiny bag, she flops the fairly square thing onto the tree's roots (half of it bending up on the trunk) and began to sleep on it in a slouching sitting position, bag on her side, armor and weapons still buckled on her person.
"How do you feel?"

Lucy inquired, his approach completely silent. He sat at the ground beside her, glint of crimson dancing in his eyes. Weren't the bonfire behind their back? What was that reflection?

It was gone when Dixie blinked.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 11, 2020, 08:04:32 am »

"H... Has anyone ever told you your eyes glow sometimes? Are you constantly casting a spell on people?"

She smiles and averts her eyes from Lucy for a moment. "I'm fine... Maybe a little exhausted. How about you?"

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 11, 2020, 08:34:35 am »

Jack was struck between the eyes.

I.. I. I uh.... he stammered, his cheeks instantly going red hot, and the hair on the back of his head standing straight up. I Dunno wha' yer talkin 'bout.

He tried to control his breathing, and think of something to diffuse this situation, but was probably digging the hole he suddenly found himself in deeper.  Rumors, and gossip were one of the worst things about dealing with other humans-- They just DID NOT understand AT ALL.

Always jumpin to damn conclusions... he thought to himself.

Mama an' I--- We's...  Well Hell boy- It ain't like that!
"You don't have to be shy or ashamed. It's normal." He pointed Maslarien  "Lionboi there had an entire harem for himself, but he left his pride because he wants to see beyond his safari homeland"
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 08:47:26 am by invul_nerable »

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 11, 2020, 08:41:57 am »

"As a matter of fact, yes. People tell me that all the time." Lucy chuckled. "Nothing magical about it, I'm afraid."

"I'm fine, but you've pressed yourself too hard. How's the injury? Wont be good if it scars."
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 142