Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119929 times)

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #300 on: February 05, 2020, 05:44:20 am »

"Of course! It's quite slow this time of the day, lass."

A small pitcher of milk was placed on the counter, alongside a tiny bowl of honey. The barkeep's attention was still on Linea despite his constant buzzing around, apparently.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 05, 2020, 05:46:45 am »

What does One-Eye get from his gathering efforts?

This area of the forest borders the outmost periphery of the village, and as such most wild plants of any value have already been harvested by the locals. However, One Eye'd Jack's keen senses allow him to track down a couple of ingredients that can prove useful in alchemy.

One Eye'd Jack gains 1 Shichetta and 1 Blanketweed.
:-(

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 05, 2020, 05:58:20 am »

"Oh, that's good to hear."

Dixie's reply felt like it came a little too late, and a mental wave impacted her in that moment, due to a temporal mistake. Her eyes widened and her grip on the mug felt tighter that it might have cracked a bit. The sudden, momentary surge of nausea was something odd.

She hurriedly glanced at Linea, then the barkeep, then the paladin at the corner. Then, her mug. She gently touched her forehead onto the lip of the mug, as if planning to sleep on it. "Mmm... the fatigue's catching up..." she murmured loud enough for someone she sat beside to hear. "Am I in a state to explore today... I must've healed too many people..."
I have a YouTube channel.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 05, 2020, 06:00:37 am »

A small pitcher of milk was placed on the counter, alongside a tiny bowl of honey. The barkeep's attention was still on Linea despite his constant buzzing around, apparently.

Linea happily took the pitcher glass and gestured that she would certainly pay for this extra.

"Very well." she cleared her throat, carefully picking her wording beforehand to avoid spilling sensitive information. "I am looking for a group of explorers that arrived here around a month ago. Two men, one woman. They dressed in grey like me and probably mentioned that they came from Ivy Bridge. Have you seen any of them and to where they were headed?"

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 05, 2020, 06:41:33 am »

Linea happily took the pitcher glass and gestured that she would certainly pay for this extra.

"Very well." she cleared her throat, carefully picking her wording beforehand to avoid spilling sensitive information. "I am looking for a group of explorers that arrived here around a month ago. Two men, one woman. They dressed in grey like me and probably mentioned that they came from Ivy Bridge. Have you seen any of them and to where they were headed?"
"Oh, they're your people?"

The barkeep fidgeted uncomfortably.

"Sorry for yer loss, lass. They're gone. Just a moment-"

He trundled into a back room. There's muffled sound of rummaging before he emerged, three identical backpack in hand. There's spare uniforms inside, as well as some personal effects.

"Stayed the night right 'ere. Something broke through the window and dragged the woman screaming into the woods. The other two scrambled after her, but they never returned. Tight lipped and no identity in there, can't figger out where they came from."

He pointed at one of the window.

"Barred them windows afterward, all of it. It helped, a bit."

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 05, 2020, 06:56:18 am »

As the fellow female adventurer waved at her, she waved her back and continue digging the remaining food that is on her table. Proceeding to the final stage which eating a dessert.

She is literally a Son Goku in way of eating.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 05, 2020, 07:15:34 am »

"Oh, they're your people?"

The barkeep fidgeted uncomfortably.

"Sorry for yer loss, lass. They're gone. Just a moment-"

He trundled into a back room. There's muffled sound of rummaging before he emerged, three identical backpack in hand. There's spare uniforms inside, as well as some personal effects.

"Stayed the night right 'ere. Something broke through the window and dragged the woman screaming into the woods. The other two scrambled after her, but they never returned. Tight lipped and no identity in there, can't figger out where they came from."

He pointed at one of the window.

"Barred them windows afterward, all of it. It helped, a bit."

Did you hear any guns-- I mean thundering sound when the thing dragged the woman?

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 05, 2020, 07:21:30 am »

"The boomsticks, ya mean? Sure, repeatedly. There's some holes left unpatched. I dinnae know what happened up there, but lots of blood left on the floor back then."

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 05, 2020, 07:25:04 am »

Dixie walks from the tavern to the smithy while still focusing on conjuring more than just snow from her hands.

"Hi. Nah, yea, I already have these daggers, and this other knife, I'm just looking for options-- What's this thing? A pistol? Flintlock pistol... Hm. This seems interesting. I'll take it. 3 gold... Oh, hey, conveniently I have just exactly 3 gold. Should've withdrawn from the bank... Do I get bullets for this? Another gold piece for 8? Oh, I don't have... I suppose I'll just come for the bullets later, then. See ya."

[-3 GP (0 GP remaining), +Flintlock Pistol]

Dixie goes to the northern gate of the wall to the forest, waiting for the rest of the group so they can finally start exploring. She shook her head, willing this nauseating feeling away as much as she could. Deep breaths.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 07:42:07 am by The Centipede »

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 05, 2020, 07:31:32 am »

"The boomsticks, ya mean? Sure, repeatedly. There's some holes left unpatched. I dinnae know what happened up there, but lots of blood left on the floor back then."
"The creature, do you think it was the same as what appeared today?"
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 07:34:20 am by Slyph »

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 05, 2020, 07:44:41 am »

"I've no idea! It's gone when I went up, only saw shadows at the distance! Might'a be the size of a big man? Tell ya what though, t'was no animal from around here!"

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 05, 2020, 07:58:09 am »

"Linea cashed out a few coins on the counter." I know you said the drink was on the house, but in my line of work, a piece of valuable information was never free. Can you show me their room? Thank you." 

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 05, 2020, 08:17:30 am »

"Well, alright. Come along, now."

The barkeep stored the coins in the counter before shuffling up the stairs, fiddling with his keys. He opened a room on the far side, northwest corner on the second floor, before gesturing it to Linea.

There were some progress in fixing the room, though nowhere near final. The wood of around the window and its shutter were littered with gouges, the hinges connecting them brand new as if it was ripped off recently. Claw marks and perfectly circular bullet holes littered the place, sanded down but yet to be filled. Some of the scars were spread around but mostly concentrated at the windowside wall. There were fading dark marks on the floor despite obvious sign of vigorous mopping, a spray of droplet across the floor coming from a sizeable pool at the center with thinner skid mark toward the window. It's not difficult to picture something breaking in, swatted whatever weapon the occupant bore hard enough to splatter blood across half the room, before wounding them grievously to produce so much blood. Ending with dragging the screaming victim through the window.

"Ya could see the bloodstain there. Cannae mop them off. The window was torn like an angry bear ran through it, but bears wouldn't climb windows to attack people now innit? And those claw marks were just so... long! I've seen big bears in me life, none have arms long enough to scratch that far."

He placed one of the backpacks on the bed.

"Found this one here. The other two was in the next room."
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 07:21:42 pm by A5G_Reaper »

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 05, 2020, 08:19:47 am »

Nope. Waiting is boring. Dixie walked around the village, helping whoever needed help this morning.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 05, 2020, 10:28:22 am »

Linea said nothing. Only a brief thank you as the Bartender returned to his counter. Now all alone, she began to observe the room, and immediately felt the eariness creeping as she remembered how similar this room to her own. 

She opened the bag and carefully fished out its contents: she found a journal, with the name on it; Megan Credensia Hilthrow. On the first page of the journal, there was a picture of three individuals, with nicknames written on each: Meg, Tommy and Liam. 

"Megan Credensia Hilthrow, Thomas Danube, Liam Olson Abernathy." she checked her playbook and found the names were surprisingly matched with the description. They were friends, apparently coming from three noble houses in Helvetia. The picture was taken when they graduated together.

Linea put the journal back, not having a heart to read any further. In any case, she didn't think she would find any up-to date information about their whereabouts in there.

The room, eerie as ever was full of markings, bloodstains, claw markings. She couldn't be sure if it was pure animal savagery or something more complicated. Something that required a capable mind. Lycanthrophy? Ritual of Vildkaards? 

Either way, she needed a tracker, someone talented with wild animals, and she might had met one.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 11:25:28 am by Slyph »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 142