Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119730 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2020, 09:39:29 am »

Aven then leads Doctor Doak down the hall into a large storage space. Parts of the room are glowing a dim blue-ish purple, suggestive of the presence of magical alterations. Three bodies of gnolls are lying on the ground, lifeless.

"These ones came this morning. Xanios apparently hasn't gotten to disposing of them yet. Feel free to examine them however you like. We're in no shortage of dead creatures' corpses."

“Ah, excellent!” the doctor claps his hands together loudly once, “please fetch me a particularly sharp knife, a recording device, and someone with knowledge of the anatomy of these creatures. They will assist me.”

On the assumption Aven has no recording devices:

“Oh, right, yes. Then you must return to record my results, also,” Doctor Doak hands Aven one of his pens from his lab coat.

Perform a thorough examination of the external and internal nature of the gnolls, taking particular interest in the brain, spine, and nervous system. Note any differences and similarities between the three gnoll corpses, making use of the knowledge of my assistant, should one be found.

"Out of all of us, either Xanios or our apothecarist probably know the most about these creatures' anatomies. The apothecarist usually has a pharmacy to run though. I'll see if Xanios can assist."

A few minutes later, Aven returns. "It seems Xanios is busy at the moment. Well, I can assist you for now, though I can't say I'm an expert on the natural sciences. I do know a little about gnolls though, as they are not entirely uncommon around these parts." He hands Doctor Doak the surgical knife that he asked for.

> External examination:

The bodies of the gnolls are badly bruised, with many cuts and stab wounds in various places. The sheer amount of damage dealt to the bodies is rather irregular. There is evidence of acidic burns to their hides, and foreign quill-like projectiles that were apparently never bothered to be removed by the creatures themselves.

All three gnolls are missing a number of body parts - individual claws and pieces of hides for the most part. One of the gnolls is missing an entire fore-arm, while another's face has been so badly damaged that it's hardly recognizable as the face of a gnoll. Two of the gnolls appear to be male in gender, while one appears to be female.

> Internal examination:

The anatomical insides of the gnolls seem to be normal upon first glance. All kinds of damage to various organs and bones are present, consistent with their external injuries.

Examining their brains reveals an alarming peculiarity, as there seems to be plant life growing from within - tiny green stems with developing leaves sprouting from within the folds of dead brain matter. All three of the gnolls' brains have been similarly affected by this strange botanical development.

Examining the spines of the gnolls reveals an irregular fluid present all around the structures of the spines, bright green in color, and notably foreign to the gnolls' natural secretions.

The nervous systems of the gnolls are surprisingly unblemished, almost unnaturally so. It's unclear whether there has been foreign biological tampering involved, but whatever affected these gnolls, it has only made them more neurologically keen to environmental stimulation.

Aven has been adamantly taking notes, thoroughly jotting down all of Doctor Doak's observations and findings.

"Very curious... though I am no expert. I would suggest seeking the sorcerer or the apothecarist for further inquiries of a scientific nature. They would know a lot more than me about such subjects."

It is getting late now, as the sun has nearly set entirely. Resting soon might be a good idea if one is to get a full night's rest.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 09:51:17 am by MeimieFan88 »
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2020, 10:05:20 am »

Ask the guards if someone could watch me while I sleep, in case something happens.
Rest until an objective presents itself.

A slightly confused guard follows Liz and watches over her as she goes to sleep. He ultimately dozes off as well, though.
Ear teeth

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 28, 2020, 01:44:19 pm »

And in that sleep what dreams may come?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2020, 02:51:34 pm »

Thank Aven for his help, retrieve the notes he made, and my pen! ... then return to the boarding house for some rest.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 28, 2020, 10:17:31 pm »

[Dixie Greene is back in]

Hours later, dropping off of a giant eagle that then immediately flew away, Dixie went straight into the shrine, avoiding the sight of any guards and villagers.

She was ticked off that the Greenskins' Holocaust lied about the direction of Atlerdorf and instead found Karak-Khaz-Modan where a Dwarven keep is being invaded by both orcs and skaven that are then also fighting each other. It's great that he took a back entrance only accessible from way above and managed to talk her way into freedom and a meaty supper -- thankfully the dwarves are a civilised race -- and in a way, she did find that orcs really are stepping up their war game, but yet the deceit... That or the Holocaust has no sense of direction. She'll figure that part out later.

For now, she'll have to figure out how that townsguard is way too powerful, if any/all the other citizens of this village are the same way, why they're getting attacked by monsters right now, and why now... and she couldn't just ask anyone, she didn't know who to trust. She'll have to find out herself.
I have a YouTube channel.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2020, 01:00:44 am »

[Dixie Greene is back in]

Hours later, dropping off of a giant eagle that then immediately flew away, Dixie went straight into the shrine, avoiding the sight of any guards and villagers.

She was ticked off that the Greenskins' Holocaust lied about the direction of Atlerdorf and instead found Karak-Khaz-Modan where a Dwarven keep is being invaded by both orcs and skaven that are then also fighting each other. It's great that he took a back entrance only accessible from way above and managed to talk her way into freedom and a meaty supper -- thankfully the dwarves are a civilised race -- and in a way, she did find that orcs really are stepping up their war game, but yet the deceit... That or the Holocaust has no sense of direction. She'll figure that part out later.

For now, she'll have to figure out how that townsguard is way too powerful, if any/all the other citizens of this village are the same way, why they're getting attacked by monsters right now, and why now... and she couldn't just ask anyone, she didn't know who to trust. She'll have to find out herself.

The ironclad slayer who sitting back at his spot outside the walls heard an unusual sound. It's like something is flapping its wings, and its coming towards his direction.

"Oh I have been waiting all night for this, you greenskins are soooo predictable!"

The ironclad slayer braced himself from the upcoming onslaught as the sound comes closer and closer.

"Come to Papi!!!" The slayer charged at the direction where the sound was coming but he found nothing but strong gusts of wind blowing at him from above. He looked above him and saw some wings, his enemy is using flying mount to avoid him.

"Oh no no, no running away you disgusting greenskin!!"

The slayer is on hot pursuit, he chased the flying beast up to the southern entrance where the flying beast stopped momentarily.

"I'm here you idiot!! Fight me!" He shouted. The ironclad slayer waved both his hands trying to get the beasts attention but the beast just flown and left after dropping something.

"I'm here you bastard don't leaaaaaave!!!!"

The slayer took a stone and thrown it at the flying creature but the creature just left him panting. He turned towards what the beast dropped, and he saw a sillhoute of someone sneaking in at the shrine. Too small to be an orc, must be a goblin. "Oh no you don't you disguusting little..." He chased down the sillhoute and into the shrine. The slayer was about to murder the goblin but then he realized...

"Acrobatics girl?!"
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 01:13:15 am by invul_nerable »

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2020, 02:04:22 am »

Dixie punches the Greenskins' Holocaust straight at his stomach with the little strength she has. "You gave me the wrong directions. Why'd you do that? Actually don't tell me, just give me that back--"

Dixie takes back her daggers, potion, and leather armor.

Dixie observes the shrine from indoors. What is she seeing?

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2020, 02:46:52 am »

Dixie punches the Greenskins' Holocaust straight at his stomach with the little strength she has. "You gave me the wrong directions. Why'd you do that? Actually don't tell me, just give me that back--"

Dixie takes back her daggers, potion, and leather armor.

Although covered in full rusty plate armor, the ironclad slayer still felt Dixie's punch, well atleast mentally. A punch from a greenskin wouldn't normally cause him to curl up in pain, but I guess the shock from being punched by a human has affected him psychologically.

Dixie took her items from the Ironclad slayer

"Hey hey hey *coughs* those are mine...*coughs*"

The slayer crawled away from Dixie as fast as possible, the pain(or atleast phantom pain) he felt is the first time in years. It's like a battering ram hit him straight in the stomach unarmored, and he have been hit by a battering ram before. After reaching outside, he scurried away from the shrine. As if a monster he can't possibly beat is inside it. He probably passed out as he runs away too. Now he knows how it feels to get mugged.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 02:48:30 am by invul_nerable »

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 29, 2020, 07:02:47 am »

A spacious yet humble enclosure. A few rows of wooden chairs populate the foreground, with an altar near the center-back of the room. The space seems to be vacant, and entirely silent aside from the sounds of nature coming from the outside.

It's getting very late, and resting soon would be advised if one is to get a good night's rest.
Ear teeth

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 29, 2020, 08:39:54 am »

Dixie yawned. There's a search to do but she's unfortunately too tired for it, she figured.

She then walked out of the shrine and into the boarding house, then into her room.
Changed into short shorts and a tank top without brassier, placed bag of clothes on the bed beside her and went to sleep, not using the blankets, facing up at the ceiling.

Having seen death amidst a war and witnessed highly unusual power, she's bound to have a nightmare.

She forgot to lock the door to her room.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 08:56:57 am by The Centipede »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 29, 2020, 09:04:46 am »

At the Inn, One-eye and the smoking giant manage to con a local drunkard into making an order for "Extra noodle" at the inn, followed by a drinking game, and a food eating contest to see which villager could out-eat the giant.

Alcohol was heavily involved.

He's not entirely sure when or even how he made it back to his tent.

The giant spider demon was left to his own affairs, after handily winning said eating contest. that's all he could remember.

One-eye jack falls unconscious in a pile of dry leaves shoved into his tent.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 29, 2020, 12:07:28 pm »

[OOC]System updates posted in OOC thread.[/OOC]

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 29, 2020, 12:58:38 pm »

Thank Aven for his help, retrieve the notes he made, and my pen! ... then return to the boarding house for some rest.

[Doctor Doak obtains Examination Notes]

And in that sleep what dreams may come?

A shadow.

A shadow of a shadow.

The most unnatural opaqueness, like a black hole. With flailing, outstretched arms.

It seems to be whispering something...

No... it's just static...

An eye opens.

It sees you.

You don't see it though.

Nobody does.

It's getting closer.

It's right in front of you now.

Liz wakes up.
Ear teeth

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 29, 2020, 12:59:22 pm »

Day 1.

The sun rises in the distant forest horizon as the village wakes up to a misty morning, slowly gathering in the village square for breakfast. With the adventurers arriving, Aven begins greeting everyone.

"Good morning! Hope you all had a comfortable stay, and found our facilities to be satisfactory. If there's anything we can do to improve your stay, don't hesitate to let us know."

He soon takes out a bag of gold coins.

"Here is a bit of coin for everyone, to purchase any supplies in preparation for your ventures into the forest. Consider it a token of our appreciation."

He starts handing out the coins, two pieces for each adventurer.

[Each of the adventurers receives 2 GP]
(except Doctor Doak, who had already received the coins yesterday)

"If you all are heading out into the forest today, you can decide whether to travel as one group, or split up into multiple parties. It'd be safer to travel as a larger group, but you'd probably also attract more attention from the forest's creatures. Traveling as separate smaller groups, you could probably cover more territory, but it'd also be more dangerous. Nobody really knows what's out there. Anyway, I will leave such decisions to you."

Aven looks around the village and ponders for a moment. "The creatures have been attacking the village more and more frequently as of lately, so it wouldn't be a surprise if they did so at some point today. We've been able to handle them for the most part, but any help in defending the village would certainly be welcome."

"Anyway, I will leave you to your preparations. If anyone needs me, I'll be at the Adventuring Company Headquarters."

Aven stays for a little while to address any possible questions or concerns before taking his leave.

Spoiler: Updated Village Map (click to show/hide)

There are three entry points into the forest from the village: North-west, North, and North-east.

Character Data (Should be up to date, excluding this post and the previous post): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zpyF12P5BBIP0tLY80EvjUe1zN6E719yOg-hwJxffds/edit#gid=0
Ear teeth

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 29, 2020, 06:45:09 pm »

Laemmle woke up on the morning, stretched before she wenf off the bed and changed into her casual attire.

She went down from the stairs and walk to area where the adventurers gathers on the huge area still inside the inn.

She stood up alone on the empty area, breathe deep and started to sing with her angelic  voice.

"Somewhere, a voice calls, in the depths of my heart
May I always be dreaming, the dreams that move my heart

So many tears of despair, uncountable through and through
I know on the other side of them I'll be sure to find you

Everytime we fall down to the ground we look up to the sky above
We wake to it's blueness, as if for the first time
Though the road is long, lonely and the end far away, out of sight
I can, with these arms, embrace the light

As I bid farewell my heart stops, tenderly I feel
My silent empty soul begins to listen to what is real

The wonder of living, the wonder of dying
The wind, town, and flowers, we all dance in unity

La la la...
Doo doo doo...
Da da da...

Somewhere, a voice calls, in the depths of my heart
keep dreaming your dreams, don't ever let them part

Why speak of all your sadness or of life's painfull woes
Instead let the same voice sing a gentle song for you

The whispering voice, we will never want to forget,
in each passing memory always there to guide you
When a miror has been broken, shattered pieces scattered on the ground
Glimpses of new life, are reflected all around

Window of beginning let shine the light of a new dawn
Let my silent, empty soul be filled and reborn

No need to search the land, nor sail across the sea
'Cause it's here shining inside me, it's right here deep inside me
Thanks to you I've found the light, and it's always with me.

La la la...
Doo doo doo...
Da da da...
"

The voice of singing reached from every adventurers sleeping inside the inn. She then opened her eyes as she finished the song.

Proceeded on the gathering in the village Square and listened to the briefing. Once she received the gold coins. She convince the fellow adventurers to stay for a bit before their dismissal.

Buying ingredients to Market area, she then cook pancakes and distributed 3 pieces each to the fellow adventurers. Seeing her working hard putting all plates with pancakes into the table including the many pancakes she made earlier.

Laemmle claps and speak, "Everyone (for PCs), how about have some breakfast first before you leave~" and smiles.

Proceed the ironclad slayer giving a plate of pancakes o him. 

"Forget about the yesterday, have something to eat for breakfast. You need it." She said to him.

*Note: She sang before gathering and she serve food after Aven's leave.*
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 07:07:06 pm by Remuri »
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 142