Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Mystville (Experimental RPG) [OOC Thread]  (Read 14039 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville (Experimental RPG) [OOC Thread]
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2020, 03:27:24 pm »

I’d imagine there is a limit to number of abilities, I want to make sure I don’t get too overpowered so early in the game

Would an ability that makes entities forget who their allies are/make them think allies are enemies/make them think enemies are allies work? / represents a separation between proposed abilities

I'd say there are a ton of ways to interpret/use an ability like this, it kinda depends on how you'd like it to be. For out-of-combat or RP in particular, it could range from simple suggestion/charm, to full on mind control, to causing confusion/amnesia. Tons of possibilities depending on how you want to use it. I think we are mostly going to be fine with anything, so feel free to make it however you want, and if it needs balancing we'll take care of that later.
I’m thinking confusion

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2020, 04:34:40 pm »

I’d imagine there is a limit to number of abilities, I want to make sure I don’t get too overpowered so early in the game

Would an ability that makes entities forget who their allies are/make them think allies are enemies/make them think enemies are allies work? / represents a separation between proposed abilities

I'd say there are a ton of ways to interpret/use an ability like this, it kinda depends on how you'd like it to be. For out-of-combat or RP in particular, it could range from simple suggestion/charm, to full on mind control, to causing confusion/amnesia. Tons of possibilities depending on how you want to use it. I think we are mostly going to be fine with anything, so feel free to make it however you want, and if it needs balancing we'll take care of that later.
I’m thinking confusion
Sure, you can describe it in any way you'd like and with whatever effects you want it to have. Just write it in the format of "Ability Name: Ability Description" and add it to your character sheet. Same with any custom items, add them to your inventory with the format "Item Name - Item Description". There's technically no limit to the number of abilities and items you can have, but I'd recommend at least one of each, and probably no more than 3-4, although you could have more if you wanted and it makes sense for your character.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville (Experimental RPG) [OOC Thre
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2020, 06:45:24 am »

Sign-up sheet:

Character Name: Reeta Dollup
Character Gender: Female
Character Age: 20
Character Description/Bio (Optional):

Character Attributes:
Strength/STR: 0
Agility/AGI: 2
Vitality/VIT: 2
Intelligence/INT: 1
Psyche/PSY: 3
Luck/LCK: 2

Character Abilities (Optional):
Song of Confusion: When Reeta sings a certain melody while concentrating on one or more targets that can hear her, the target(s) get confused and don’t know who is an enemy and who is an ally.

Amnesic Aroma: Reeta can emit a certain chemical that, when when smelled, makes the smeller forget what they are doing and why they are doing it. This doesn’t affect Reeta

Character Inventory:
1x Healing Potion - A restorative cure for injuries. (Provided by the Mystville Adventuring Company)
1x Basic Weapon=Bow/Arrows - A basic weapon. (Provided by the Mystville Adventuring Company)
1x Leather Armor - A basic lightweight piece of armor. (Provided by the Mystville Adventuring Company)
1x Pair of No Trip Boots: A magical pair of boots that prevents the wearer from falling or tripping over things
please tell me if these abilities are ok

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2020, 02:36:59 pm »

Sign-up sheet:

Character Attributes:

Song of Confusion: When Reeta sings a certain melody while concentrating on one or more targets that can hear her, the target(s) get confused and don’t know who is an enemy and who is an ally.

Amnesic Aroma: Reeta can emit a certain chemical that, when when smelled, makes the smeller forget what they are doing and why they are doing it. This doesn’t affect Reeta

Character Inventory:
1x Healing Potion - A restorative cure for injuries. (Provided by the Mystville Adventuring Company)
1x Basic Weapon=Bow/Arrows - A basic weapon. (Provided by the Mystville Adventuring Company)
1x Leather Armor - A basic lightweight piece of armor. (Provided by the Mystville Adventuring Company)
1x Pair of No Trip Boots: A magical pair of boots that prevents the wearer from falling or tripping over things
Yeah, I think these are good.

The party is currently on an expedition, and are nearing the end. Once they finish the expedition they will likely return to the village, at which point you can join. We'll let you know!~

Until then, feel free to tinker with your character sheet, you can add a couple more abilities/items if you like.
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2020, 02:49:21 pm »

Sign-up sheet:

Character Attributes:

Character Inventory:

The party is currently on an expedition, and are nearing the end. Once they finish the expedition they will likely return to the village, at which point you can join. We'll let you know!~

Until then, feel free to tinker with your character sheet, you can add a couple more abilities/items if you like.
would I be able to attach my song ability to an instrument?  That instrument being a second custom item?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2020, 03:16:45 pm »

Sign-up sheet:

Character Attributes:

Character Inventory:

would I be able to attach my song ability to an instrument?  That instrument being a second custom item?
Sure.
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2020, 04:09:06 pm »

Sign-up sheet:

Character Attributes:

Song of Confusion: When Reeta plays a certain melody on her confusion flute, those that hear it, except Reeta, get confused and don’t know who is an enemy and who is an ally. The more of her song they hear, the longer the effect will last after she stops.

Amnesic Aroma: Reeta can emit a certain chemical that, when smelled, makes the smeller forget what they are doing and why they are doing it. This doesn’t affect Reeta. The longer the chemical is smelled, the longer the effect will last after the chemical is gone

Character Inventory:
1x Confusion Flute: A purple flute that when played, causes those who hear it to get confused and forget who allies and enemies are
Tweaked character sheet. More edits
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 12:02:10 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2020, 06:49:26 am »

Resources for DMs--

Fun with justified text, and unicode part 1

First up, fun with unicode.  The font Arial (and most other unicode friendly fonts) have several holdovers from the original ASCII set, that are useful for drawing boxes and such, that are all monospaced.  Here's a small selection.

 ─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼═║╒╓╔╕╖╗╘╙╚╛╜╝╞╟╠╡╢╣╤╥╦╧╨╩╪╫╬▀▄█▌▐░▒▓■□▪▫▬▲►▼◄

With those you can draw boxes, color areas, and all that fun stuff.

Next, if you find that you desperately need justified text, you can use the {code} tag, like so:

Code: [Select]
<-zero spaces
 <-One space
  <-Two spaces
   <-Three spaces
    <-Four spaces

Finally, one can abuse a monospaced system font with the {font} tag, such as say, Lucidia Console.

Whee, we have some lovely monospaced text here, most likely!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 06:53:13 am by wierd »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2020, 06:52:07 am »

You can also use [tt] for a monospaced font.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2020, 09:25:49 am »

Thanks wierd and Egan, I've managed to work around the formatting, for now.
:-(

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2020, 10:48:40 pm »

is this still open?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2020, 11:03:09 pm »

is this still open?
Yes, nice timing, the group is finishing up an expedition and it will be possible to join the game shortly. Feel free to submit a character sheet.
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2020, 11:23:29 pm »

Sign-up sheet:

Character Description/Bio (Optional): A creature that looks like a human except she has purple flowers growing where her hair would be, as well as on her skin.

Character Attributes:

Song of Confusion: When Reeta plays a certain melody on her confusion flute, those that hear it, except Reeta, get confused and don’t know who is an enemy and who is an ally.

Amnesic Aroma: Reeta can emit a certain chemical from her flowers that, when smelled, makes the smeller forget what they are doing and why they are doing it. This doesn’t affect Reeta

Character Inventory:
1x Confusion Flute: A purple flute that when played, causes those who hear it to get confused and forget who allies and enemies are
This should be the last tweak, added description

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2020, 11:25:19 pm »

I you dont hand out earplugs to go with that purple flute, you are gonna get some mad team-mates. :P

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2020, 11:31:05 pm »

is this still open?
Yes, nice timing, the group is finishing up an expedition and it will be possible to join the game shortly. Feel free to submit a character sheet.
Nice. Gimme a moment
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12