Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Mystville (Experimental RPG) [OOC Thread]  (Read 14034 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville (Experimental RPG) [OOC Thread]
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2020, 07:43:55 am »

+1
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2020, 02:35:47 pm »

i'm still playing
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2020, 04:09:31 am »

i'm still playing
+1
I'm still around.
Anyone still in on this lol?

Yes..
I will comply.

I’m in, I’ve just been busy.

haaai omatase~

(clears throat) Yeah.
You son of a bitch, Im in.

Hello and thank you for your patience, we don't know what kind of pace you guys prefered but i think it's been pretty smooth so far, sorry for the rough start.

Also we have a discord channel (Now with a never expire link) where we discuss the game and stuffs. Even my friend One-eyed-jack (Oej) Swanson approve of this

https://discord.gg/8bNUwSQ

Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2020, 09:32:11 am »

Yo Doc Doak dont you mean bear 25

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2020, 11:14:57 am »

Probarly. Whichever bear is on the East.

Bear 25, according to the map. Aven isn’t important or anyfing.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 11:16:32 am by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2020, 06:46:53 am »

It's been quite a while since the contacts. All players who didn't participate in the battle is deactivated. Without further contact, we'll take it as resignation from the game.

Y'all cluttering the spreadsheets. It's kinda messy to navigate.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2020, 02:27:03 pm »

Hello everyone, hope you are having fun with the game thus far. Unfortunately some players didn't respond during the first fight which is now concluded. For inactive players, your characters will be removed if you are unable or unwilling to continue further. You may be able to rejoin at a further point, so let us know if you will be dropping the game for now or will continue playing.

Now to more pressing matters. There is a fully consolidated Character Sheet which contains every relevant information for your character in one place. You can use the tabs at the bottom to switch between different sheets, so for example "Abilities" show which abilities your characters have, their costs, their effects etc. And your "Equipment" shows all armor, weapons, consumables and gold your character is currently lugging around. We shared other character sheets earlier but those will be deleted or else not updated, so I suggest you stick with this one.

You can access it here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/175FIRpL2OBrAb2YIebAFzrxin_dtQjMiPQYnHh7Fo7g/edit?usp=sharing

There is currently one other spreadsheet you need to keep track of, and that's the Village Shop Items. As more vendors join the village with their own wares over the course of the game, this document will make it easy to track the amount and price of goods they currently have stocked.

You can access it here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uYEVe0Kaz731Vp8ActkZaHhY6N3BAfGGQD-qm5diDpU/edit?usp=sharing

If you see any errors or confusing information in either document above, let us know and we'll fix it ASAP.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 02:31:27 pm by Frank »
:-(

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2020, 05:24:02 am »

Oh goody, less characs more lewt

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2020, 06:01:09 am »

How many people got removed?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2020, 06:49:07 am »

How many people got removed?

Five: Obadiah, Liz, Jack Flush, Dolo the Rockobold and Kayla Shade.

There's maybe one or two more days before the next quest starts, so they can still continue to play, else they'll have to join up at a later part of the game.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville (Experimental RPG) [OOC Thre
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2020, 11:30:48 am »

Sign-up sheet:

Character Name: Reeta Dollup
Character Gender: Female
Character Age: 20
Character Description/Bio (Optional): A creature that looks like a human except she has purple flowers growing where her hair would be, as well as on her skin. Her flowers all have green sepals too, which aid in photosynthesis. She is a plant. She has green eyes. Though she has a name, she got the name by spending time around humans, mostly keeping away from the,. They had names, so she made one too. She spends most of her time in the forest. When in danger, she would use her scent to confuse those who would do her harm, as well as others who happened to be nearby. Eventually, when she was finally not being chased by anyone, she crafted a flute out of some of her old petals that when played, makes everyone who hears it except her forget their allegiances. This was helpful when she came across bandits and armies, who keep calling her a monster despite not attacking anyone. She doesn’t need to hurt anything, as she can photosynthesize. She spends nights around taverns and gathering places to listen and learn about other creatures. Eventually she came to learn that some creatures are called monsters due to members of the species causing harm to them. Each time, people that leave the tavern would find her, and each time, she would greet them. Each time, they don’t accept the greeting. Each time they drew their weapons. Every time, it seemed, this happened. She would play her song and release her scent, allowing her to escape. She stopped going to towns and spends her time now in the forest, the “monsters” not really bothering her.

Character Attributes:
Strength/STR: 0
Agility/AGI: 2
Vitality/VIT: 2
Intelligence/INT: 1
Psyche/PSY: 3
Luck/LCK: 2

Character Abilities (Optional):
Song of Confusion: When Reeta plays a certain melody on her confusion flute, those that hear it, except Reeta, get confused and don’t know who is an enemy and who is an ally.

Amnesic Aroma: Reeta can emit a certain chemical from her flowers that, when smelled, makes the smeller forget what they are doing and why they are doing it. This doesn’t affect Reeta

Character Inventory:
1x Healing Potion - A restorative cure for injuries. (Provided by the Mystville Adventuring Company)
1x Basic Weapon=Bow/Arrows - A basic weapon. (Provided by the Mystville Adventuring Company)
1x Leather Armor - A basic lightweight piece of armor. (Provided by the Mystville Adventuring Company)
1x Pair of No Trip Boots: A magical pair of boots that prevents the wearer from falling or tripping over things
1x Confusion Flute: A purple flute that when played, causes those who hear it to get confused and forget who allies and enemies are
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 09:04:00 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2020, 12:20:05 pm »

Sign-up sheet:

Character Name: Reeta Dollup
Character Gender: Female
Character Age: 20
Character Description/Bio (Optional):

Character Attributes:
Strength/STR: 0
Agility/AGI: 2
Vitality/VIT: 2
Intelligence/INT: 1
Psyche/PSY: 3
Luck/LCK: 2

Character Abilities (Optional):
*List any special abilities and traits that the character has*

Character Inventory:
1x Healing Potion - A restorative cure for injuries. (Provided by the Mystville Adventuring Company)
1x Basic Weapon=Bow/Arrows - A basic weapon. (Provided by the Mystville Adventuring Company)
1x Leather Armor - A basic lightweight piece of armor. (Provided by the Mystville Adventuring Company)
*List any other character-custom items, such as special weapons, armor, gear, and other personal belongings*((can someone give examples of things I can add? Would magic boots that prevent me trom tripping be valid?))

Hey welcome to the game.

First, your boot idea seems cool. You can go even crazier if you want, you can look at the other characters people submitted if you want to get some ideas. You can choose any custom outfit, or a magic talisman, or a cursed spatula? I don't know it's up to you.

Also you haven't listed any abilities, it's probably a good idea to get some abilities to help you out in this quest. For example, one of our characters has an ability that makes them better with guns. Another can cast fire magic. Another can craft anything with any materials they have. Another has offensive debuff attacks. Another can control animals. It's up to you what kind of abilities you want on your character.

Also the game is currently in progress, you might have to wait a while before your character can join the adventure. This is the link for the game thread, you can follow the journey so far there.

We also have a Discord channel, it's not necessary to join but you can talk to some of the other players there if you want. Here's the invite link.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, we have multiple GMs in this game and we can help you out with anything.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2020, 12:30:13 pm »

I’d imagine there is a limit to number of abilities, I want to make sure I don’t get too overpowered so early in the game

Would an ability that makes entities forget who their allies are/make them think allies are enemies/make them think enemies are allies work? / represents a separation between proposed abilities

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2020, 12:54:59 pm »

I’d imagine there is a limit to number of abilities, I want to make sure I don’t get too overpowered so early in the game

Would an ability that makes entities forget who their allies are/make them think allies are enemies/make them think enemies are allies work? / represents a separation between proposed abilities

I think both "making a target think ally is enemy" and "making the target forget its allies" can work, but for balance it would probably have a limit of 1 or 2 turns. If you want a "Berserker" effect that's doable too (cast on both ally or enemy, makes them attack closest entity with bonus dmg, or choose target randomly with a coinflip?). These abilities will probably take your INT and PSY stats into consideration.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2020, 01:11:31 pm »

I'd say there are a ton of ways to interpret/use an ability like this, it kinda depends on how you'd like it to be. For out-of-combat or RP in particular, it could range from simple suggestion/charm, to full on mind control, to causing confusion/amnesia. Tons of possibilities depending on how you want to use it. I think we are mostly going to be fine with anything, so feel free to make it however you want, and if it needs balancing we'll take care of that later.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12