Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Story Game: Monster Hunter:  (Read 6670 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Story Game: Monster Hunter:
« on: November 19, 2019, 10:29:30 am »

The Human race had a great run at ruling the world and bending nature over for progress. In time however a new force came from a unknown source. These beings are called “ The Masters.” With their incredible technology and patterns to make magic real rules the world for two thousand years. Despite being on top of the food chain and could create races of supernatural loyal minions. Their power has faded.

Their way of life dying, has allowed humanity to rise again as they resettle and populate the world. There is a need for the strong, who can kill the boogeymen of the night. This is your calling, as a monster hunter.

-

This is a new vote/story/suggestion/ what not game. You guys control actions of one who hunts monsters as a job. No stats, just dice and story telling.

First: Name, Age (18 and above.) and gender of character. Background done my next post. Until then can vote on type. Willing to do descriptions.

1: Ironclast Avenger: Picture Al from Fullmetal Alchemist, just geared towards killing things.
2: Speaker: Magic Using In speaking the first language of old, pre Tower of. Abel stuff.
3: Hexed Drifter: A warrior cursed to have Beast features and having to explain your not a mutant. Can still kick ass though.
4: Halfing: Half Human, half Master. Good luck with that.
5: Battle Mage: Kick ass warrior style with magic in the works.
6: Elementalist: Master Of Elements, to the point can fuse two together for another type.
7: Chosen One: You are literally living out a prophecy with some grey/unknown wiggle room.
8: Expert: Your Batman, except instead of taking crooks to justice you kill monsters.
9: Legion: You have a special soul, when you kill something get to access it’s soul for power, health or even copy their powers onto you.
10: Animagus: Beast Mage, can transform into anything as long can think it and define how it would function.
11: Demi Fiend: Demons tried to turn you into one of them, but will power caused it to back lash, can wield demonic power, for your own wills.
12: Anima User: Basically having a Jojo Bizarre Adventure Stan’s.
13: Pact Owner: Made deal with a devil. Magic and ability to morph into said form, as a side effect instead of your soul as fuel, Gita eat flesh instead. Maybe troublesome to collect a bounty if you ate the features of your price.

So yeah votes, biggest vote turn out is that characters story played out. First background bits and gear/skill/power. After that is picked, Adventure and monster slaying.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Story Game: Monster Hunter:
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 09:43:00 am »

Name: Ben Benderson

10: Animagus: Beast Mage, can transform into anything as long can think it and define how it would function.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 06:42:16 pm »

Alrighty cool. If no new votes or anything, by Monday given my busy schedule, ( and making sure to keep Tower going.) that Monday, Ben gets adventure. If more votes for him, will just do something by Friday. In these suggestion games I respond as fast as players do or attempt to anyway.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 04:00:57 pm »

Name: Ben Benderson

+1

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 11:19:28 am »

The world was strange, given the human dynasty declined, then the masters ride and fall. The world was new again as the two worlds have a strange connection.

Take one Ben Benderson, of the Bendersons. The name is not big for local gossip, but some folk lore is Bens ancestors were in Master experiments. They did make were breeds and such, some logic there.

In reality, it is much more. Ben, can shape change into damn near any creature known, can even bend form into things not yet dreamed by reality.

The task at hand is money. Ben in his 30s needs to eat, sleep and drink. Given the family was not well off and had to sell their belongs. Do not have much aside stylish leather armor, some blades as daggers or throwing, and tactical lethal mono wire.

Ben has made himself to be a Hunter, fighting the super natural with his own supernatural tricks. In travels has led him to..

A: Zenith: One if the bigger, wealthier lands and plot would take place in Capital, Marcia after the first Queen.

B: Rosetira: A smaller borders town that may seem insignificant, given it’s not on the map. But there have been reports there.

C: Turon: Small hill town that work moves. Strange weather patterns, noises and tracks has everyone spooked.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 11:21:53 am »

B

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 12:02:47 pm »

Let's have us a nice slow, gentle B-eginning.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 03:37:32 pm »

Since cannot do jack Thanksgiving weekend, I will do next scene now.

-

In  Bens travels going across the land and getting better at the monster hunting business, he soon  found a small town that was not on the map. It had a rich river bank for farming, decent construction, even a sign that even states how many live there. It was low two thousand range.

Low by reconstruction era, back in the Oppression, could have been considered a city. Several homes, businesses and such. Had decent amount of cash on you, plus with orc heads to collect at the bounty. Apparently the locals told Ben the Mayor, Christopher Grier tan job of mayor and the tavern keep. So at the bar, called the Bloody Griffin. The heads were accounted for. Time for drinks and hearing gossip.

“ I heard Gaston was hit hard lately.” A commoner spoke, cue a new man coming to the scene. Dirty, wet and looks wild. He spoke to the mayor. “ Hello Chris. It will be the usual fire ball whiskey.”

He gives his order on the spot. Though some of the towns folk hate him. In which Grier spoke. “ Come on guys, you know I just fixed this place.”

“ Do not worry Chris, just a lesson, no murder or destruction. If I do break anything, I will pay. You know I am good for it.”

Cue scene, after a careful weave and punch, there was a broken nose and a knife in a attackers hand. They backed off. He then goes to sit down. Starts to drink. “ I swear Chris, knowing it’s my fault is why I drink. Wished people would stop rubbing it in.” After two bottles he pays and then sleeps at the counter.

People of interest:

Mayor
The random bad ass
Beaten crowd

Or

Your keen animal senses also detect a seemingly young woman in the crowd. Blue eyes, blonde hair, dressed in armor and had a shield with sword akin to a long sword. She nods your way and was having a drink as well.

Pick who to talk to, for the delicious lore! :Mad scientist style laugh.:

Notice: Unlike my game where’d you ran a organization. Will keep name check by having a lore page.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 03:52:13 pm »

The girl

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2019, 04:02:38 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2019, 04:34:13 pm »

So Ben goes over to her. In his outfit that has seen better days, at least there’s is a bad ass Phoenix pattern on his back, he spoke.

“ Hello, I think your not from here either. I am Ben, you are?”

The blonde got up, offered her hand and cue a handshake. “ I am Alice Walker, Pupil Crusader. “ She eyes her bracelet that  was changing colors. As she said in a tone that was then cold, like steel.

“ What exactly are you? Your not human, my gear is telling me this. Be honest though. In the Code Of Lodoss, we do not slay non evil supernatural without reason. So confess to what you are, now. My business, can be your business. If you speak the truth. Oh and the sleeping drink? He has such a high particle read out, here to detain him.”

Do you

Test to see if she is bullshiting with the lie?

Tell the truth ( Despite your character background is likely not very pleasant.)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2019, 04:38:27 am »

Tell the truth.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2019, 11:41:40 pm »

“ Well Miss. I am a Animagus, Ben is my name. My ancestors were toyed with, humans forced to change by the whims of the Masters. I hunt monsters because my family was killed by some and had bent traveling ever since.”

She refuses to attack so Sword in holt. “ Sorry Ben, it’s just rules. Rumor has it the local towns are vanishing, the people that is. I found tracks, Lola like a big convoy. We need to find it and get answers. People are at stake. Will you join me?”

Looks to the sleeper and doses cold water on him.

“ Bloody Hell! I am up already!” Eyes the two of you, gets speech from her.

“ Well if I get paid in loot, I guess I can help out. Besides, this story sounds familiar. Do, Ben. Do you only use your gifts in battle or any combat skill in other things? I ask because Anti Magic exists.”

Options:

1: Hire the fool.

2: Hire someone else of interest. This fool is good for a laugh but really? There are

- Egyptian priestess Loki g woman
- Man in red with big hat. Not to mention a fancy cape.
- Masked figure in black who has, three dolls. Exotic looking hand crafted things, that look scary.
- A Figure who just came in, dragon themed armor and helmet.
- Hire two of above ( Drunk is option.)

- Somehow Get 3 of them ( Max party is 6. Others will be hirable based on actions.)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2019, 03:46:57 am »

Hire the fool!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2019, 09:14:02 am »

Hire the fool!
Hire 2, the fool and the Masked figure in black who has, three dolls. Exotic looking hand crafted things, that look scary.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7