Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Non-dwarven strange moods  (Read 2763 times)

Tentacle Demon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Non-dwarven strange moods
« on: November 18, 2019, 08:37:55 am »

I think, STRANGE_MOODS may be added to other creatures who make that things in myths, like cyclops and trolls. This also need to solve bug, when megabeast or pet not make artifacts in worldgen.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: Non-dwarven strange moods
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 08:58:20 am »

You can feel free to mod it in yourself, though strange moods will be generalized by the mythgen cycle.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Tentacle Demon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 09:15:57 am »

You can feel free to mod it in yourself, though strange moods will be generalized by the mythgen cycle.
Mythgen = big wait. Some additions must be done before mythgen.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 09:30:52 am »

You can mod them in, and that is sufficient for now. This game is in alpha, so there doesn't seem to be much point for the only programmer to add in all these strange moods if he'll be removing them and replacing them with something else in the next devcycle..? Especially since you the user can mod it in?
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Tentacle Demon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 10:25:51 am »

You can mod them in, and that is sufficient for now. This game is in alpha, so there doesn't seem to be much point for the only programmer to add in all these strange moods if he'll be removing them and replacing them with something else in the next devcycle..? Especially since you the user can mod it in?
When I mod it, trolls have no strange moods in worldgen, only in fortress mode.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 05:04:26 pm »

Night trolls don't make anything, don't belong to a civ and don't have access to workshops and materials out in the world. So, no, they probably won't have Strange Moods until they join a Player Forteess. Or if they did, they'd just go mad. If they're not mad already.

So your suggestion is to allow crafting for non-civilized creatures. Nothing to do with Strange Moods. That's more reasonable.

(Search suggestions forum, necro one of the many strange mood threads if you want to add something. Although, as I said, this is a crafting suggestion. There's lots of them here too).

« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 05:07:10 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Tentacle Demon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 07:27:36 pm »

I talk about normal trolls, who with grey fur and work for goblins. Also demonic masters might create not only new creatures and special slabs, but also normal artifacts (probable, even more than one per life).

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2019, 09:56:10 pm »

I talk about normal trolls, who with grey fur and work for goblins. Also demonic masters might create not only new creatures and special slabs, but also normal artifacts (probable, even more than one per life).
Oh, I see. You lumped them in with Cyclops in your opening post, so I didn't think of regular trolls. Well, easily modded in. Are you absolutely sure they're not producing in worldgen? How many worlds did you test? Very few troll histfigs are produced during worldgen compared with civilized races, mostly ones who take part in battles and get killed. So the chances of getting a world with a troll artifact is pretty low.

Tentacle Demon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2019, 11:28:46 pm »

Oh, I see. You lumped them in with Cyclops in your opening post, so I didn't think of regular trolls. Well, easily modded in. Are you absolutely sure they're not producing in worldgen? How many worlds did you test? Very few troll histfigs are produced during worldgen compared with civilized races, mostly ones who take part in battles and get killed. So the chances of getting a world with a troll artifact is pretty low.
But this is possible? If I add to trolls ability to become heroes, they will have more strange moods?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2019, 12:00:49 am »

But this is possible? If I add to trolls ability to become heroes, they will have more strange moods?
No idea. If you make a troll civ (or make them one caste of a civ), then yeah, with Strange Moods they'll create artifacts. But as a semi-intelligent goblin pet? Don't think anyone's ever tested that.

It works in play during fortress mode, right?

Tentacle Demon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2019, 07:02:50 am »

No idea. If you make a troll civ (or make them one caste of a civ), then yeah, with Strange Moods they'll create artifacts. But as a semi-intelligent goblin pet? Don't think anyone's ever tested that.

It works in play during fortress mode, right?
In fortress mode they and gremlins make artifacts. When I make gremlin civ, gremlins make artifacts in worldgen.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2019, 06:09:54 am »

I think, STRANGE_MOODS may be added to other creatures who make that things in myths, like cyclops and trolls. This also need to solve bug, when megabeast or pet not make artifacts in worldgen.

The problem is those creatures do not present have an entity from which to decide which items to make.   :)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2019, 05:22:51 pm »

The problem is those creatures do not present have an entity from which to decide which items to make.   :)
Yes. He means regular goblin civ trolls. Which do.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2019, 05:40:04 pm »

Do they need their entity to tell them what items to make? I know that dwarves can make artifacts of types they can't make normal items, but I don't know if they're weighted towards things they can already make.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Tentacle Demon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2019, 06:08:25 pm »

Do they need their entity to tell them what items to make? I know that dwarves can make artifacts of types they can't make normal items, but I don't know if they're weighted towards things they can already make.
Trolls are part of goblins entity, so they will make items of goblin civ. When cyclops may be modded to lead some civs by POWER token, as example, or be heroes like animal people.
Pages: [1] 2