Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22

Author Topic: One Day in Underville... :Cave Envy  (Read 39053 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: One Day in Underville... :Cave Envy
« Reply #195 on: October 22, 2019, 07:44:02 am »

what if we focus on taking out the parasite? Even then, she did try to kill one of us without parasitic influence

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 22, 2019, 08:01:24 am »

"I guess we'll be fine as long as we don't give her back the gun and kill the parasite."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 22, 2019, 11:26:50 pm »

Push onwards, and open the new set of double doors.  A new cave probably lies beyond!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Past the new set of double doors is a perfectly square room, about 20 feet to a side. Set in the far wall is a large metal archway, which seems to dead end into the blank wall. There is a console of sorts to the right.

Pick up Sherry, and carry her as I follow Thag
Spoiler: Nora the Spider (click to show/hide)
thank you Crass

Nora attempts to lift Sherry, but for some reason she can't manage to even drag her. Nora considers that it may have to do with her recovering from a mortal injury, but decides that can't be it.

"I bet whats her face, the telepath with the parasite is a government spy, because only a government idiot would want to keep the parasite alive, we need to kill her before she infects us, its what the government wants, they want us all to die so we don't discover the truth that they made the creatures here!"

"Also I think I found some drugs."
Grab the CD case with 8 disks, antique revolver, old business suit made with synthetic fiber, gold plated watch, bottle of bourbon, switchblade, and a bag of white powder, then examine the revolver, watch, the CDs, and the white powder, and follow the rest of the group.
Spoiler: Burt (click to show/hide)

The Gold watch, and Antique revolver don't seem to be out of the ordinary.

(9)Each CD is labeled something entirely different. From "Christmas photos of Mom+Dad" to "Mixtape #3". There doesn't seem to be any consistency. However, you have a hunch that they're carrying sensitive data, and that they weren't meant to be kept together.

(2 7 chemistry) The white powder seems to be some sort of narcotic.

Frank moves to help Nora carry Sherry. As the party moves, he speaks quietly to Sherry.

"For uh, what it's worth, I believe that you're not a danger. But I'd hate to mention it when the uh, common consensus is the opposite."

He additionally helps her to remove the duct-tape covering her face and ears, though he could probably be little more gentle about it.

Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)

Frank shoulders the woman and proceeds with the spider and the caveman. He carefully removes the tape covering her face.

"Mm hh mm hh." Sherry said reassuringly.
"Mh hm mhhm hmh mm hh mm hh mm." she added a warning.

If I don't have a breathing hole, then use my newfound abilities to poke one open. Try to make some eyeholes too, but the mouthhole is higher priority. Do try not to accidentally hurt anyone while doing so.

With her predicament being alleviated by a friendly Frank, Sherry doesn't feel the need to use more complex solutions.

"Is keeping her wrapped up really a good idea? She knows telepathy, what's preventing her from simply controlling our minds and having one of us unwrap her?"

Continue the exploration, use the time to think about what I can do with eldritch magic. Summoning eldritch creatures seems obvious, but how suited is it for offensive and utility spells? Also how is the enchanting of equipment handled?

Eldritch is simply any magic related to certain kinds of magic entities. Most people use it to make/modify creatures to make then more... squidy. However, some people have used it for more creative purposes. It's really up to the flexibility and skill of the spell caster.

Enchanting can be done to an extent by any spell caster. Though making anything permanent takes a lot of umph. Alchemy is the most useful magic for enchanting, and most dedicated enchanters specialize in it.

"It is unlikely that government interference could have caused Sherry's actions. The government has been defunct for some time."

Arp puts on the hardhat, prepares the sledgehammer, and follows Thag.

Spoiler: Arp (click to show/hide)

Arp joins the caveman conga line

(Not a bad name for a band)

Good plan
Cut the tape without damaging her
Spoiler: Nora the Spider (click to show/hide)

(try to stick to one post per turn please)
Nora and Arp work to free their recently bound acquaintance.

"That proposal is acceptable."

Use my robotic fine motor control to put the entire roll of duct tape back on the roll.

Spoiler: Ares (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)

(7) Ares manages to salvage about half the roll.

...Proceed.

Spoiler: Vaiae (click to show/hide)

Another dancer in the Caveman Conga
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 22, 2019, 11:40:24 pm »

(If Sherry's free now, am I still carrying her?)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 23, 2019, 12:11:28 am »

Probably not
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 23, 2019, 01:27:11 am »

Frank gives Sherry a thumbs up.

"Now, you're not gonna kill anyone, right?"

Entering the new room, Frank immediately moves to investigate the console on the right.

Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #201 on: October 23, 2019, 01:37:25 am »

((Hey, if you want to keep carrying her, Sherry wouldn't mind. Saves her the trouble of walking. :P ))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 23, 2019, 01:43:08 am »

((Hey, if you want to keep carrying her, Sherry wouldn't mind. Saves her the trouble of walking. :P ))
(Y'know what, sure.)

Frank saw the terminal, immediately got distracted by technology, and just forgot to put Sherry down.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 23, 2019, 03:57:15 am »

"I found some drugs if anyone cares."
Go into the room with everyone else.
Spoiler: Burt (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 23, 2019, 08:33:11 am »

Oh? What have you found out so far? I have some chemistry knowledge and may be able to glean more info. Can I see them?
See if my chemistry knowledge can help me figure out more about the drugs
(Sorry about the double posting. It won’t happen again)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 04:35:14 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #205 on: October 23, 2019, 04:15:18 pm »

Frank gives Sherry a thumbs up.

"Now, you're not gonna kill anyone, right?"
"Probably not. I'm not that good at killing. But, you know what they say, 'never say never'.
Hmmm. Wait, do parasites count as 'anyone'? Because I might have to try to kill more of those."

Just observe Frank's efforts and shoot a couple of pictures of the place if I see anything interesting.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 05:44:26 am by Parisbre56 »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 23, 2019, 04:27:21 pm »

Enter the room.

Spoiler: Arp (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: One Day in Underville...
« Reply #207 on: October 23, 2019, 11:50:55 pm »

Examine the picture on that lighter I found. How does it make me feel?

Spoiler: Vaiae (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 24, 2019, 01:16:06 am »

Oh? What have you found out so far? I have some chemistry knowledge and may be able to glean more info. Can I see them?
"Its probably crack or cocaine, but I'm not sure I don't have much experience with drugs but if you want to look at it go ahead, and I also know some chemistry, I use it to make bombs."

Grab the CDs.
(I've already taken the CDs.)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 03:28:11 am by King Zultan »

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 24, 2019, 03:17:17 am »

Take a gander around the room. Try using my "special spectral vision" to see if there are any specters or ghostlies around.

Do not share this information with anyone. Crass doesn't want the whole town to know he's seeing the dead everywhere he goes.

Spoiler: Crass (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22