Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44

Author Topic: Kaiju-com 2  (Read 58127 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, April Purchases.
« Reply #240 on: November 28, 2019, 01:13:30 pm »

The only thing I’m making an bid for is the dual-explosives warheads, Id like it if I can get access to those for my own research and production

I see about if I can actually store a Huge Vehicle, but since my largest thing I can store is a Large Hanger the results might not be effective, would need 20 credits for the upkeep if that’s the case

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 28, 2019, 03:14:09 pm »

Not sure about this specific offer, but for most market items you can buy them and then not actually receive them until you've got space for it. Still need to pay upkeep either way, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 28, 2019, 05:15:18 pm »

Okay I shall personally ask @Devastator, if I can pay the upkeep of the submarine and have the Black Market to keep on storage until we have access to Huge Hangers, also does the submarine needs its own personal transport to get itself to the Kaiju missions?

Anyways edited main action to pay the upkeep with your money to keep the ex-Russian submarine deal still active, if possible

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 28, 2019, 09:22:22 pm »

Yes you can pay for the submarine with deferred delivery.  Do note that whatever deal you make, the sub will be listed for your organization and you'll be paying the upkeep.

As for travel, boats are a bit different.  I'll go over them during next turn.

If you have any immediate questions, the quickest way to get in touch with me is on IRC.  I'm in the #einsteinianroulette channel on irc.darkmyst.org.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 09:55:22 pm by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 29, 2019, 12:55:46 am »

Sounds good, I'll pay you for the platoon.

I actually was intending to give you that infantry for free, as a goodwill thing, but... hey, can't refuse free money!  I do have immediate use for it.

The only thing I’m making an bid for is the dual-explosives warheads, Id like it if I can get access to those for my own research and production

As far as I'm concerned, you can have it.  Since Irony's sending me those consumables, I don't need either of the bid consumables.  Though, I suggest you don't buy them for use in research.  I think there is a very high chance that you can create a better or equivalent design for explosives with a single turn of lab research--the same cost as reverse engineering the item.  Just jam it into an MLRS, or if you're feeling charitable, send them to me so I can jam them into a jet for improved effect.  :\

Edit: Dev chose to let me know the effects of one variant of the WP upgrade.  I asked for the jet variant, which is in theory similar to the artillery variant, both of which should only be mildly better than the tank variant.  It does not scale with the primary weapon's damage or anything, it simply causes a lasting  but weak burn DoT that gets applied once for every hit on the Kaiju (and it doesn't require penetrating the armor to take effect).  I think the best variant to buy would be the tank variant; if it's applied to a jet or MRLS, it will be very likely to be targeted and destroyed first because those units are the most damaging, and kajiu have shown a preference to target the most damaging units.  Between a tank and an artillery unit it's something of a toss-up, because the tank will probably have a weaker effect, but the artillery will be destroyed much earlier.  I think the tank is a safer choice because a kaiju might preferentially target a unit that's actively setting it on fire, and in that case it'll just delete the artillery unit immediately, while a tank will attract more shots and get more uses out of the WP rounds.  Even if it doesn't attract attention, it'll survive longer than artillery, and therefore still get more shots out.  Also, I want it to survive so I can get a chance to see how the tank's version compares to the jet's version.

Also, don't waste it on one of the T-55s that's being sold.  Spring for a modern tank if you're going that route.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, April Actions.
« Reply #245 on: December 02, 2019, 11:11:17 pm »

Spoiler: Stirk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shadowclaw777 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Naturegirl1999 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yottawhat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Happerry (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Piecewise (click to show/hide)

It is now the action phase of April, 1999.  The council warns you that the next Kaiju is unusally strong, and estimated to make landfall at Taranto.  It is expressed on the particular importance of this Kaiju.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 02:11:00 am by Devastator »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, April Actions
« Reply #246 on: December 02, 2019, 11:39:33 pm »

Lucky it is just Canada. Even if we screw up nothing important is in danger!

Deploy everyone, standard procedure.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 02, 2019, 11:47:57 pm »

“Waspra, let’s train you to get you better at fighting”
Waspra is about the size of a house cat, right? Find a house cat for Waspra to fight to help her get stronger
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 09:56:08 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 03, 2019, 12:11:11 am »

“Waspra, I have some good news. There is a large creature that likely contains lots of meat. If you fly in the direction where the large orb falls to your left, you should find it. Be careful”
Spend 100 to buy Igor, Have Waspra go to Canada to fight the Kaiju
As a recommendation to all mad scientists, I don’t know if Igor is actually useful, however I know that the second Mad Science Machine is much more useful (making your research more effective), and that Igor doesn’t exactly allow two researches per turn, you need another mad scientist, which I don’t know if it’s possible to get NPC mad scientists. Anyways, my recommendation is you should save up

Launch everything at the Canada Kaiju
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 12:14:28 am by Shadowclaw777 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 03, 2019, 01:09:40 am »

Lucky it is just Canada. Even if we screw up nothing important is in danger!
The Council will have my hide if I let their maple syrup stocks fall to ruin!

Deploy tank and infantry platoon equipped with body armor and nerve gas grenades. Infantry is ordered to stay spread out and distract it, tank is ordered to stay mobile and give it what for.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 03, 2019, 01:12:14 am »

Particularly since the Kaiju is landing at Taranto, Italy.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 03, 2019, 01:14:04 am »

Particularly since the Kaiju is landing at Taranto, Italy.

I'm pretty sure Italy is part of Canada.

They have the same queen at least.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 03, 2019, 01:51:52 am »

“Waspra, I have some good news. There is a large creature that likely contains lots of meat. If you fly in the direction the giant orb rises and away from where it falls, you should find it. Be careful”
Have Waspra go to Taranto to fight the Kaiju

Naturegirl, if you leave the base it will require upkeep next month.  Are you sure you want to do that and spend all your money?

I mean, if someone pays you some, it'll be fine.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 03, 2019, 08:26:27 am »

While Dr. Unpleasant sat in his "Balloon" store selling "Balloons", he thought of what the next AMAZING thing he should create would be, and after a bit of thinking he came pup with combat drugs that enhance everything combat related!
Dump a bunch of random chemicals into a pot and mix them until they create a drug, that enhances the combat abilities of a person without killing them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 03, 2019, 02:55:35 pm »

As the Death Ray Truck's new Disruptor Zone defense interferes with its ability to maneuver, probably by trying to disrupt the ground, Lord Silver will now upgrade the Death Ray Truck to be a Hovering Death Ray Truck, with the ability to launch an anchor cable from the rear if it needs to reattach to the ground for some reason.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44