Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Techno-Nomic World (A Pure Nomic subsidiary)  (Read 18452 times)

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Techno-Nomic World (A Pure Nomic subsidiary)
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2019, 03:13:19 pm »

Fact: Sedentary Predators
There are sedentary radially symmetrical tentacled creatures that feed on the moving rocks by waiting for them to hit the tentacles. When one is caught, they drag them towards the mouth.
(think sea anemones made of rock)
Accepted.

I am working on seven or eight continents, each with a different theme. The continents are supposed to be separate so the themes remain "pure" but if people can bypass my "safeguards" then their ingenuity will be rewarded.

The themes are currently as follows:
Steam punk, diesel punk, clock punk, atom punk, tesla punk, bio punk, cyberpunk, and magi-tech.

Each continent will have a reason, determined by me, for being the way it is but developments here will influence the results.
Discord: Liberonscien#0930

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2019, 03:21:18 pm »

Creatures spout from the rocky ground and begin capturing the little rock creatures that are wandering around. The Overclockmaker points a hand at one and scans it. "Excellent idea, skeletal one. We are now a step closer to forming sapient life though we certainly have a long way to go."

(I'm planning on doing a kind of pseudo-evolutionary path to sapience. I'm not really looking to go straight to a complex society.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2019, 04:37:07 pm »

Good, I like the evolution

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2019, 06:24:50 pm »

Fact Proclamation: All over the world inorganic molecules have come together and formed new organic life.

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2019, 06:26:27 pm »

Fact Proclamation: All over the world inorganic molecules have come together and formed new organic life.
This is to enable dual evolution.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2019, 07:02:16 pm »

This is to enable dual evolution.
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2019, 11:35:02 pm »

Fact: There is water.
There is water on the planet, in rivers, lakes, ponds, swamps, and oceans that separate the continents.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2019, 01:27:41 am »

Fact: There is water.
There is water on the planet, in rivers, lakes, ponds, swamps, and oceans that separate the continents.
Accepted.

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2019, 01:32:44 am »

Water bursts out of rocks all over the world. A river flows near the Overclockmaker's throne. It looks at the flow of water before diverting its path away. Some rock creatures wander into the water and sink.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2019, 07:27:26 am »

Fact:Swimmers
Some rock creatures are less dense than their ancestors, allowing them to float or swim through the water

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2019, 11:11:45 pm »

Why so many rock monsters?

Fact: Minerals and metals
The stones and earth of the planet contain various minerals and metals.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2019, 11:34:48 pm »

Fact:Swimmers
Some rock creatures are less dense than their ancestors, allowing them to float or swim through the water
Accepted.

Some rock creatures sink to the bottom of the lakes, streams, and oceans but some float and others are neutrally buoyant. They swim in the water. The Overclockmaker looks at the skeletal one.

Why so many rock monsters?

Fact: Minerals and metals
The stones and earth of the planet contain various minerals and metals.
Why not?

Accepted.

Some rocks and stones gleam slightly all over the planet as they acquire minerals and metals. The Overclockmaker looks at the skeletal deer. "Excellent. Now we are a step closer to technology."

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2019, 02:23:09 pm »

Would anyone be interested in seeing the current overviews for the "science"-punk continents?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2019, 02:27:17 pm »

Would anyone be interested in seeing the current overviews for the "science"-punk continents?
Yes

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2019, 03:44:07 pm »

Yes
This is what I have so far:

Techmos: Steam continent

The continent of steam has widespread steam vents that periodically vent steam on a reliable basis. The rocky denizens of the continent of steam have learned to harness this steam to power their creations.

Techmos: Diesel continent

The continent of diesel has widespread pockets of petroleum diesel fuel. The inhabitants of the continent of diesel have used it to power their creations.

Techmos: Clock continent

The continent of clock has widespread rotating gear shaft obelisks throughout it that its inhabitants have learned to harness to power their creations.

Techmos: Atom continent

The continent of the atom is highly radioactive and its flora and fauna have developed the ability to metabolize radiation. The inhabitants of the continent of the atom have learned to harness this radiation to power their creations.

Techmos: Tesla continent

The continent of tesla has widespread obelisks that periodically emit bolts of electricity. Some obelisks are more powerful than others. The flora and fauna in this continent have developed the ability to harness this electricity to use for their metabolic processes. The inhabitants of the continent of tesla have learned to have their creations mimic the flora and fauna in order to power their creations.

Techmos: Bio continent

The continent of biology's flora and fauna have the ability to genetically modify themselves using DNA stolen from each other. This process is generally random and prone to copying errors that can be beneficial, harmless, or detrimental. The continent as a whole is a super organism. The central nervous system of the continent is the sapient inhabitants. The inhabitants have learned to refine their genetic engineering for their benefit.

Thoughts? Any criticisms?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14