Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Chain Lore: A game of Semi-cooperative worldbuilding  (Read 11950 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Chain Lore: A game of Semi-cooperative worldbuilding
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2019, 09:04:01 pm »

"Contradictory stories can cause a natural disaster known as a 'reality storm', The most powerful of which can have potentially apocalyptic consequences"
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2019, 11:27:46 pm »

I look forward to seeing what kind of people will arise in a universe where someone could use bragging and lies to become a god emperor.
I can't imagine a world leader doing that nowadays.

The most important species are immortal spiders, whose string shows each story, connecting all of them into a giant and always growing web. But the world was not created by a spider, but by a mysterious being known as the Author, the subject and teller of the first story.

(Cycle 2, Truth 6, Amendment)
One wheel short of a wagon

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2019, 11:30:59 pm »

Most creatures hurt their prey and competitors through slander, be it spoken or engraved in their very fangs and talons.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 11:33:07 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2019, 04:51:24 am »

The Nightmare is an aberration of corrupted dreams and lies, with it's only purpose being the corruption of all Dreams, and to scare other beings
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2019, 06:11:59 am »

The Truth Snake is a snake that preserves truth by searching for and eating liars

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2019, 10:23:41 am »

Dreams count as stories, but their effects are fickle, lasting only as long as their dremer dreams. (Cycle 2 Truth 4)

"Contradictory stories can cause a natural disaster known as a 'reality storm', The most powerful of which can have potentially apocalyptic consequences"

I look forward to seeing what kind of people will arise in a universe where someone could use bragging and lies to become a god emperor.
I can't imagine a world leader doing that nowadays.

The most important species are immortal spiders, whose string shows each story, connecting all of them into a giant and always growing web. But the world was not created by a spider, but by a mysterious being known as the Author, the subject and teller of the first story.

(Cycle 2, Truth 6, Amendment)

Most creatures hurt their prey and competitors through slander, be it spoken or engraved in their very fangs and talons.

The Nightmare is an aberration of corrupted dreams and lies, with it's only purpose being the corruption of all Dreams, and to scare other beings

The Truth Snake is a snake that preserves truth by searching for and eating liars

Cycle 1: Ultimate Truth
1: Stories are real.

Cycle 2: Great Truths
1."The size of the world at any given time is directly proportional to the amount of people who tell stories" Is the accepted truth but in fact the world has many sizes, and can be endless or have no size at all, depending for each person on the stories they know.

2. There are many species, each of whom have their own stories

3.  Any story told even if its a lie might become reality.

4. Dreams count as stories, but...

5. Different species prefer different tropes, and these tropes shape the land locally based on the amount of storytellers.

6. The most important species are immortal spiders, whose string shows each story, connecting all of them into a giant and always growing web. But the world was not created by a spider, but by a mysterious being known as the Author, the subject and teller of the first story.

7. Dreams count as stories and their effects are even more permanent and long lasting than normal stories.

8. Contradictory stories simply cancel each other out harmlessly.

9. Most creatures hurt their prey and competitors through slander.

10. The Nightmare is an aberration of corrupted dreams and lies, with it's only purpose being the corruption of all Dreams, and to scare other beings. This is the accepted truth, but...

Truths 4 and 10 are still open to be amended, and because of that the cycle itself is still open for potential rewrites. We will move on to the next cycle as soon as everything is finished.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2019, 11:33:49 am »

Dreams count as stories, but when the entity that dreamed them wakes up or dies, the dreams morph into the opposites of what the dreamer dreamed about
(Amendment To Truth 4)

The Nightmare is an aberration of corrupted dreams and lies, with it's only purpose being the corruption of all Dreams, and to scare other beings. This is the accepted truth, but Nightmares are the opposites of various dreams
(Amendment To Truth 10)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:09:16 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2019, 01:37:46 pm »

The Nightmare is an aberration of corrupted dreams and lies, with it's only purpose being the corruption of all Dreams, and to scare other beings. This is the accepted truth, but it is actually a stabilizing force, absorbing the wildest dreams into itself in order to avoid the nocturnal havoc they would cause.

Amendment to truth 10
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 01:55:10 pm by Leonardo8 »

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2019, 02:41:53 pm »

Dreams count as stories, but the effects of them always take place far away from the dreamer.
(Amendment To Truth 4)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2019, 03:42:17 pm »

Feel free to post multiple amendments to either, I'll do a roll off to see whose is true.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2019, 05:43:37 pm »

Dreams count as stories, but it is the Id, the primal beast within all creatures, which shapes these, rather than one's conscious mind.
Amendment to truth 4
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2019, 05:04:30 pm »

Dreams count as stories, but when the entity that dreamed them wakes up or dies, the dreams morph into the opposites of what the dreamer dreamed about
(Amendment To Truth 4)

The Nightmare is an aberration of corrupted dreams and lies, with it's only purpose being the corruption of all Dreams, and to scare other beings. This is the accepted truth, but Nightmares are the opposites of various dreams
(Amendment To Truth 10)

[4]

The Nightmare is an aberration of corrupted dreams and lies, with it's only purpose being the corruption of all Dreams, and to scare other beings. This is the accepted truth, but it is actually a stabilizing force, absorbing the wildest dreams into itself in order to avoid the nocturnal havoc they would cause.

Amendment to truth 10
[5]

Dreams count as stories, but the effects of them always take place far away from the dreamer.
(Amendment To Truth 4)
[1]

Dreams count as stories, but it is the Id, the primal beast within all creatures, which shapes these, rather than one's conscious mind.
Amendment to truth 4
[6]

[4][5]

Cycle 1: Ultimate Truth
1: Stories are real.

Cycle 2: Great Truths
1."The size of the world at any given time is directly proportional to the amount of people who tell stories" Is the accepted truth but in fact the world has many sizes, and can be endless or have no size at all, depending for each person on the stories they know.

2. There are many species, each of whom have their own stories

3.  Any story told even if its a lie might become reality.

4. Dreams count as stories, but it is the Id, the primal beast within all creatures, which shapes these, rather than one's conscious mind.

5. Different species prefer different tropes, and these tropes shape the land locally based on the amount of storytellers.

6. The most important species are immortal spiders, whose string shows each story, connecting all of them into a giant and always growing web. But the world was not created by a spider, but by a mysterious being known as the Author, the subject and teller of the first story.

7. Dreams count as stories and their effects are even more permanent and long lasting than normal stories.

8. Contradictory stories simply cancel each other out harmlessly.

9. Most creatures hurt their prey and competitors through slander.

10.The Nightmare is an aberration of corrupted dreams and lies, with it's only purpose being the corruption of all Dreams, and to scare other beings. This is the accepted truth, but it is actually a stabilizing force, absorbing the wildest dreams into itself in order to avoid the nocturnal havoc they would cause.

Cycle three: Truths about the nature of the world

We have the bones of the universe set, now we work on the world built upon them. The history or features of the world, specific details about the origins of life on it, the species that inhabit it, etc. Planets, planes, moons, regions, mountains, valleys, species, the rise and fall of continents, all is free game.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2019, 05:14:14 pm »

One of the spiders tells a story about a planet called Thetss, weaving it into existence. Thetas is a planet of mostly water, with ice at the surface to contain the water. The water contains various chemicals, which over time form into self replicating structures aka life
(Cycle 2, Truth 6)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 08:36:33 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2019, 05:15:15 pm »

"Ruins from ancient civilizations that predate the creation of the world can occasionally be found."
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2019, 05:41:43 pm »

The Ones Who Float are titanic Whales that float around the Universe. These Whales mate for life, and can live for eons. Inside each Floating Whale exist an ecosystem, that varies with the Whale. The Whales demonstrate some sentience and are REALLY smart. They communicate with small stories.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 03:15:29 am by Kakaluncha »
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7