Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: [SG] You Are A Soup Kitchen  (Read 10626 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] You Are A Soup Kitchen
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2019, 11:58:57 am »

I mistook the Processing Power entry for the Computation entry.

Try this instead:

> Research Finance
> Analyse Inventory["1 spare miner"]
+1

ulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2019, 01:09:48 pm »

Our biggest limitation right now is lack of computation - is there any reason not to overclock?
I mean, we will probably want to be able to buy coolant before we run out, but overclocking is, from a computational viewpoint, twice as effective as normal running…

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2019, 01:34:08 pm »

Our biggest limitation right now is lack of computation - is there any reason not to overclock?
I mean, we will probably want to be able to buy coolant before we run out, but overclocking is, from a computational viewpoint, twice as effective as normal running…
We currently have no way of purchasing coolant, so we shouldn’t over lock yet

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2019, 02:23:31 pm »

Do we even know how much coolant we use per day? Or where that loss of three durability came from?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2019, 02:36:40 pm »

Do we even know how much coolant we use per day? Or where that loss of three durability came from?
We don’t, another reason to forgo overstacking

ulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2019, 06:44:43 pm »

Durability can be estimated - we've been online 3 days, lost 3 durability - ergo - 1 durability per day.
Coolant is another matter - we will need more, but - the projections (that is what we are being told), leads me to think that overclocking is 2 times as efficient on coolant as normal running?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2019, 07:00:54 pm »

Just wanted to pop in and say that the “internet of things” is better known as a Local Area Network, AKA LAN.
((It's the solarpunk future. People don't even call AI as AI here.

...That's my excuse.))
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2019, 08:46:01 pm »

you’d think that people who have developed a large amount of renewable energy tech would use acronyms at least 20% of the time, though to be fair we have a very limited scope of view dating three days long. one of those days didn’t even have sound!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2019, 07:16:17 pm »

Better not to overclock until we know more about how much coolant we use.

The value of cryptocurrencies have not fluctuated yet - we can afford to be more specialized as we research individual currencies. Until then, I say keep diversified.

But todays the same day, and it seems unlocking hardware management has refilled both our computation and revealed our mining power; how much our logic refills by each day. Is computation double what they it to be from now on? Was it a mistake? Or is this a one time thing? I believe this has to do with optimization algorithms being online, so we should have 10 Computation from day end on.

>Research Finance
(I agree, we need to liquidate our currencies once we've earned them. Hold onto some until they raise, sell others if they're a risk)
>Solve
(Finance only costs 3/5 computation. Solving lets us fill out our portfolio with what we're missing)
>Mine Celestian 500
(We've established that fractional coins do work, so half a celestian will be fine; it's the last one we need for our portfolio)
>Mine Duckcoin 490
>Mine BetterThanLater 10
(And we may as well put the remaining logic into something entertaining)
>Lookup Hwadia
(Where are we? What are their attitude to synthetic personalities? Is the whole world against us, or just our little corner of it, or is our corner safe?)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2019, 07:23:34 pm »

The value of cryptocurrencies have not fluctuated yet - we can afford to be more specialized as we research individual currencies. Until then, I say keep diversified.

But todays the same day, and it seems unlocking hardware management has refilled both our computation and revealed our mining power; how much our logic refills by each day. Is computation double what they it to be from now on? Was it a mistake? Or is this a one time thing? I believe this has to do with optimization algorithms being online, so we should have 10 Computation from day end on.

>Research Finance
(I agree, we need to liquidate our currencies once we've earned them. Hold onto some until they raise, sell others if they're a risk)
>Solve
(Finance only costs 3/5 computation. Solving lets us fill out our portfolio with what we're missing)
>Mine Celestian 500
(We've established that fractional coins do work, so half a celestian will be fine; it's the last one we need for our portfolio)
>Mine Duckcoin 490
>Mine BetterThanLater 10
>Lookup Hwadia
(Where are we? What are their attitude to synthetic personalities? Is the whole world against us, or just our little corner of it, or is our corner safe?)
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2019, 07:01:40 pm »

>Research Finance
>Solve
>Mine Celestian 500
>Mine Duckcoin 490
>Mine BetterThanLater 10
>Lookup Hwadia
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2019, 07:04:29 am »

((One week hiatus while I sort out exam))
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2019, 07:20:55 am »

Good luck with that!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2019, 02:21:42 pm »

How was the exam?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2019, 06:49:09 am »

>Research Finance
>Solve
>Mine Celestian 500
>Mine Duckcoin 490
>Mine BetterThanLater 10
>Lookup Hwadia
+1
+1

Unlocking Financial Management. Opened bank account.

Work solution calculated.

We ascend together. 0.5 Celestian awarded.
7 Duckcoins awarded.
2 BTLs awarded.

Spoiler: Hwadia (click to show/hide)

perception
camera: 3
staff:
Leika Jackson
1 Kitchen Drone
yesterday's footage:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

news:

perception commands

!assets

processor power: 10
miner power: 1000
durability: 1997/2000
coolant: 729
electricity consumption: 4500
inventory:

asset commands

!finance

liquid asset: 0

mine logic: 0
wallet:

finance commands

status
mood: decent
day: 3
computation: 0
food: 0
soup: 50
projected demand: 50

available research

miscellaneous commands

((I'm not sure if I did well on the exam but I don't think I failed at least.  :(

Anyways update pace may be a bit slow until I inevitably need to introduce something to lower the amount of micromanaging.))
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 08:18:38 am by Cinder »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8