- 1 (6.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 6 (40%)
- 0 (0%)
Potato
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 83

Author Topic: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]  (Read 106768 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #915 on: February 02, 2020, 06:08:54 am »

Don't just wildly throw stuff up there.  Throw a couple pieces so we have some broken glass to scatter about, but break the table into several big chunks, ones large enough to cover the width of the balcony.  Put one up there on end to 'cover our back', and then haul a second one up there to act as cover while we sweep it through the entire circular perimeter of the second level, scattering the glass all over with our hind feet and tail as we run.

I think after that, all we have is the hallway, the emergency exit, and the chandelier, and we'll get closer to being able to hear him out.  It'll also clear the room enough to see if we can punch out the outher wall if we want to badly enough, which we might do if we can't get a hit soon.
+1
+1 This is better than my thing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: February 02, 2020, 01:35:37 pm »

I'm not sure, though.  I think we should try to escape soon.  If this goes off, we should drop the chandelier, and then head out.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #917 on: February 02, 2020, 01:50:21 pm »

Don't just wildly throw stuff up there.  Throw a couple pieces so we have some broken glass to scatter about, but break the table into several big chunks, ones large enough to cover the width of the balcony.  Put one up there on end to 'cover our back', and then haul a second one up there to act as cover while we sweep it through the entire circular perimeter of the second level, scattering the glass all over with our hind feet and tail as we run.

I think after that, all we have is the hallway, the emergency exit, and the chandelier, and we'll get closer to being able to hear him out.  It'll also clear the room enough to see if we can punch out the outher wall if we want to badly enough, which we might do if we can't get a hit soon.
You decide to keep up with your current course of action until there's no place left where he can step without leaving a trace. Seeing as you'll need a few extra pieces, you smash what's left of the sculpture's base and are surprised to find your claws going through the table. You pull your hand back and inspect the remains stuck between your claws. This isn't made out of metal or plastic but some strange substance that shatters easily. It's not glass, it shatters in strange strips that cling to each other instead of shards and its insides are a light brown. A moment later the word comes to you: "wood". Ali told you about it, it's what "trees" are made of. Seeing it, an idea forms in your mind. You can use this to make a mobile obstacle, something that will be able to cover a large area. Even if you don't hit him with it you can at least use it to better defend yourself. You throw some shards up to the kitchen area and then start working on destroying the table.
"Oh, come on, the table as well? That's genuine snowwood. You know how many credits it cost me to get this here?"
You grab the piece of the table you've carved by the leg and start dragging it towards the stairs, holding it in front of you in such a way as to cover as wide an area as possible, hoping you'll hit him with and end up revealing him. It's tiring. This thing is heavy. But you don't need to hold it for long. Just long enough to sweep the second floor.

When your head rises above the top of the stairs, you come face to face with another tiny exploding machine. Another trap. You know the machine will launch the exploding ball in the air, it's already doing so. There's no escaping it by dodging. So instead you let yourself fall backwards, raising the piece of table you're carrying in front of you. Your body is rattled and your surroundings become blindingly bright for a moment. A moment later everything returns to normal. The explosion was as fierce as last time but the piece of wood between you and it protected you from the worst of the damage. You carefully raise your head and check the area. No movement except the content of the bottles of the bar settling into place. You check the opposite stairway. There's no tiny exploding machine there. He must have known you'd climb up from this side and placed this thing here. Meaning he must have done so within the last few seconds. In order to take advantage of your disorientation, he'd need an area with good view of the stairs. Meaning he's most likely to be...

You turn and face the area just in time to catch the blur of distortion, too faint to see if you didn't know where to look. He's moving yet staying in place. You backpedal up the stairs, but you've barely taken a couple of steps before the blur explodes into blue energy, showing you glimpses of his body through holes in the distortion. You notice the pistol hanging from his belt, not a standard blaster, looks more like a stun gun. Otherwise, it's an unremarkable human body with an unremarkable human hand throwing a small spherical machine at you. You hide behind the piece of wood but instead of an explosion the air suddenly fills with green fog. The sickly sweet scent makes you want to cough. A few moments later it condenses and falls to the ground, soaking you, behaving very much like water. You check his location. He's still there. You can still see the distortion, weaker but there. He's moving. If you jump, you could catch up to him. But what if he has another trap waiting for you? Maybe it would be better to move methodically? Or are you overthinking things? You don't want to lose your chance but you don't want to fall for another one of his tricks either.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: February 02, 2020, 02:02:14 pm »

Lets go for another attack, but this time hurry quietly, no roaring.  It might cause him to misjudge the distance between us and not get the trap right.  We got one hit before, and this one might stick.

If we miss, try to end up near the bottles.  There might be another way out there, or at the least, we'll get to smash all his stuff.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: February 02, 2020, 02:18:18 pm »

Don't think he expected us to see him, so RUSH THE POINT

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: February 02, 2020, 02:26:59 pm »

Lets go for another attack, but this time hurry quietly, no roaring.  It might cause him to misjudge the distance between us and not get the trap right.  We got one hit before, and this one might stick.

If we miss, try to end up near the bottles.  There might be another way out there, or at the least, we'll get to smash all his stuff.

+1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: February 02, 2020, 03:19:29 pm »

+1
+1

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: February 02, 2020, 09:58:46 pm »

+1
+1
+1
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: February 03, 2020, 04:55:35 am »

+1
+1
+1
+1 Kick his ass!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #924 on: February 04, 2020, 09:12:31 am »

After a second's hesitation you let go of the table and jump. It's hard to keep track of him as you twist through the air. You land close to where he was and start running towards where he was going. Then you see him, only a haze in the air. He's close. You can almost touch him. Just one pounce. You bend your legs and- you come tumbling to a stop. Your body refuses to move. For a moment you think it might have been the gas. But then you realize what you're hearing. Not a question but a command.
"STOP"
It's simple, single but also continuous, like the reverberation of a bell after it is struck. It makes your head hurt, it fills your mind and drowns out all other thought. You have no choice but to obey. The sound is slow to fade, too slow, but it stars doing so eventually, allowing you a chance to think. With the corner of your eye you watch the place he was, only a couple of steps away from you. You didn't see any more distortions, at least you don't think so. He must still be there. If you could just get closer...

You stop trying to analyze the situation and instead focus all your effort into just getting up. Nothing else matters. You push and push and push until you realize you're on your feet and can push no more. Then it's time to take a step. As you struggle to do so, the pressure suddenly abates, causing you to stumble as the thing you were pushing against disappears. The air in front of you explodes into blue energy and distortions that recede to his belt from the glowing tip of his pistol. You barely manage to dodge, hiding behind a nearby couch. The ball of energy dissipates into electrical sparks when it collides with the floor. Stun gun, from the looks of it.

Status gained: tired

These last few minutes must have taken a lot out of you. You feel physically weaker, tired, winded. But you don't have time to catch your breath. He's still there. You raise your head to peek over the couch. For the first time you catch a glimpse of him as he retreats. Despite his unique scent he looks for all intents and purposes like an adult male human. He's wearing a comfortable-looking red robe, its soft appearance contrasted by a metal belt wrapped tightly around his waist. From the right side hangs the holster for his pistol while from the left hang three more of those explosive-throwing machines. He's slightly hunched over, his breathing labored, his face a snarl, his pistol still pointing towards your. You duck behind cover. Two more shots hit the top of the couch where your head was a moment ago, causing the fabric to become slightly singed.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: February 04, 2020, 09:45:31 am »

Flip the couch at him as hard as we can, it should knock him on his ass so we can kill him.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: February 04, 2020, 01:47:52 pm »

Flip the couch at him as hard as we can, it should knock him on his ass so we can kill him.
+1
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: February 04, 2020, 04:46:07 pm »

+1
+1

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #928 on: February 07, 2020, 06:28:48 am »

You kick the couch as hard as you can, sending it sliding backwards. You catch a glimpse of him trying to dodge. Too late to step out of the way, the couch hits him, knocking him to the ground. You jump on the couch and prepare to-
"WAIT"
The command causes you to stumble, but it's not enough to hold you for long. A moment later you're back in control of your body as it stands on top of him, ready to deliver the finishing blow.
"Hold on, let's talk about this! I'll give you credits, anything you want!" he pleads as he raises one hand towards you. You notice his mouth is not moving as he speaks.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: February 07, 2020, 07:47:06 am »

While it would be interesting to find out about this fellow before we kill him, he's too dangerous. Kill him now.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 83