- 1 (6.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 6 (40%)
- 0 (0%)
Potato
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 83

Author Topic: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]  (Read 107043 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #510 on: October 05, 2019, 02:13:46 pm »

I daresay we've found a steady source of income! ^-^

Maybe if we do well enough at our new job, we'll even get a time-skip? It'd be nice to have the chance to grow up a little.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 05, 2019, 02:32:00 pm »

Also, maybe we'll learn something. Knowledge for the knowledge hoard.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 05, 2019, 02:55:40 pm »

Also, maybe we'll learn something. Knowledge for the knowledge hoard.
Yes, the knowledge hoard is always good

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 05, 2019, 03:11:16 pm »

”keep an eye on, watching items, yes I can do that”
"Draggy good guard. ... Good sweeping too."
+1

No disagreements with what's been proposed so far.  Though there are a few questions of timing for the day to day.  I think a timeskip might be a way off still. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 05, 2019, 03:39:21 pm »

”keep an eye on, watching items, yes I can do that”
"Draggy good guard. ... Good sweeping too."
+1

No disagreements with what's been proposed so far.  Though there are a few questions of timing for the day to day.  I think a timeskip might be a way off still.
Agreed, timeskip will likely be a ways

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 05, 2019, 06:07:42 pm »

I'm fine with working there at nights.  We can fly back down in the day, and all it sounds like we'd have to do is be in the first room to guard it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 05, 2019, 06:11:33 pm »

Who doesn't want a guard dragon? Why, she ought to be paying us-
wait. She is paying us. Well, she ought to be begging us to let her hire her as a cute pet guard dragon. Yeah!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 05, 2019, 06:13:48 pm »

Who doesn't want a guard dragon? Why, she ought to be paying us-
wait. She is paying us. Well, she ought to be begging us to let her hire her as a cute pet guard dragon. Yeah!
We need this job, she doesn’t know if we will do a good job, we don’t know if we will do a good job. This is a trial run for both of us

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 05, 2019, 06:32:27 pm »

Of course we'll do a good job.  We're a dragon!  Dragons do good jobs at whatever they try to do!

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 05, 2019, 06:51:11 pm »

Not sure about the flying, but who knows Devastator.  This has a certain feel of being too good to be true.  My concern is the parents learning and not knowing how to take it.  They don't believe we can speak still, though it's apparent they've figured out we're somewhat intelligent. 

I consider having us ask what time to show up, but I don't think we'd know how to phrase that. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 05, 2019, 06:56:32 pm »

(This seems to be a very vertical city with stuff on a lot of levels, so I really want to make sure Draggy learns how to fly.)

Eh, we'll figure something out, or she'll teach us how to tell time.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #521 on: October 06, 2019, 08:58:36 am »

You agree and propose some ways you could help.
"At least you're eager. Let's see how long that enthusiasm lasts."
She presses a button and the door behind you closes. Another button and part of the counter slides open.
"Well, come on then."

She goes through the door behind her and does something with her hands. Then she kneels and sprays something on your forelegs. It's cold and smells bad and it makes your nose sting. You recoil away from it and try to shake it off but she grabs your claws and tries to get it between them. You pull them away from her and make your displeasure known.
"Stop complaining! I need you sterile." she says, opening her palm expectantly.
"What sterile?" you ask, annoyed.
"Clean. Very clean." she explains and inches forward.
"Draggy clean!" you protest, shying away from her.
"Not clean enough." she says and tries to reach you, but you take a step back.
"Sterile hands or no work." she threatens you, standing up in an attempt to look more intimidating.
You consider that for a second, then grumble your assent and let her finish messing with your claws.
"Every hour. Every hour sterile or no work." she says, pointing at the spray next to the door. And then, after a second's thought "And no eating this." and after another second "In fact, no eating anything."
"What hour?"
"Every hour you're here."
"No. What hour?"
She points at a device mounted on a wall, displaying a string of letters and numbers.
"That is a chronometer. Chrono for short. It tells the time." she says while approaching the device.
"Every time this number here changes, the hour changes. Every time this changes, you make your hands sterile. Got that?"
"Yes." you reply.
You don't understand completely, but you understand enough. You'll ask Ali to explain more later, she'll probably do a better job explaining things to you than Eiwhyl.

Eiwhyl's Clinic is much larger than Ali's home. You'd say about twice the size, as if she has enough space for two apartments. However it still manages to be a very cramped place. Every room is filled with things but also somehow manages to be ordered and clean. Even in the storage room everything is bright, clean, ordered. Eiwhyl makes it very clear that you should do your best to keep things that way.

The only place that's a mess is Eiwhyl's room. Just a bed barely large enough to hold her and a desk filled with datachips, datapads and various junk. She makes it very clear that you are not to enter her room unless she tells you to do so or there's an emergency and you need to wake her up.

From what you understand that's pretty much the entirety of your job. Someone rings the doorbell? Wake Eiwhyl. A machine starts beeping and a yellow light lights up? Wake Eiwhyl. A machine starts beeping and a red light lights up? Wake Eiwhyl quickly. A machine goes from beeping to a continuous noise? Wake Eiwhyl very quickly. Maybe she'll let you do more stuff later, once she's had more time to teach you what all this stuff is.

Still, even in this limited time you've seen a lot of interesting things. There's this room with two big vats in it and a special bed with complex machines attached to it. One of the vats has a badly burnt human floating in it. Eiwhyl said that it was the only option for treating him. It keeps him alive, stops the pain and helps him heal more quickly.

Then there's a room with some beds in it, each bed divided from the rest by curtains of soft white cloth. Only one of the beds is occupied by one of those three-eyed beings. Eiwhyl talked with that being for a while. Then she asked you to bring that being some water. Then she made you bring it some water again, this time using your claws, because apparently "your mouth is not sterile". She's making you move everything around with your forelegs (she even calls them hands), forcing you to walk around on two legs while carrying stuff. You get the feeling this is going to be tiring. On the plus side, you learnt that being's word for water.

There's also a small room with a strange bed and all sorts of machines inside that she calls an "examination room". There's a red light above the door that means you should never come in there under any circumstance, unless she gives you permission to do so.

After your little tour is over Eiwhyl brings you back to the entrance and tells you to come work when it's night time.

I think this is an appropriate time for a timeskip. If you have nothing else you want to do in the short term, just give me some general actions for the next while and I'll end the chapter when it's appropriate.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 06, 2019, 09:19:30 am »

For general actions continue working for Einwyl and asking Ali to teach us more language and try helping around the house in the daytime
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 09:21:45 am by Naturegirl1999 »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 06, 2019, 10:49:36 am »

one day once we learn enough we join Ali in her studies, and be always thinking "the more I learn, the more I will be able to control my life"
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 06, 2019, 10:57:48 am »

one day once we learn enough we join Ali in her studies, and be always thinking "the more I learn, the more I will be able to control my life"
+1
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 83