- 1 (6.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 6 (40%)
- 0 (0%)
Potato
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 83

Author Topic: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]  (Read 107032 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #495 on: September 25, 2019, 08:26:28 pm »

-snip-
If we need to wait we should try to have language practice with Ali

If we get this talk we should ask "what studying is", then we will be able to say "draggy want study too", to her, and to parents

inb4: An young adult dragon knowledgeable in economics and laws making philosophical arguments as why dragons should have citizenship status or organizing an rebellion to become a king
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 25, 2019, 10:06:20 pm »

+1 to telling Ali she's welcome and thanking her for going to the store with us.
+1 to going to see Eiwhyl. If we need to wait we should try to have language practice with Ali
+1 to everything in this quote
+1
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 26, 2019, 02:18:21 am »

Go to Einwhyl
+1 Be wary and cautious
+1 to telling Ali she's welcome and thanking her for going to the store with us.
+1 to going to see Eiwhyl. If we need to wait we should try to have language practice with Ali
+1 to everything in this quote
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 26, 2019, 02:19:37 am »

-1 to more language practice.  We're picking it up fast enough already.  I'd rather try learning to fly if we have a chance.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 26, 2019, 07:07:01 am »

Flying is an outdoor activity, and it's still day. If we go outside to fly we'll draw a lot of attention.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 26, 2019, 12:16:28 pm »

It's a valid point Devastator, but flying is not as useful in the situation we find ourselves in right now.  We will try it later, once we either get a good adaptation of our situation from what it is presently.  It is a distraction we should ignore for now.  And hey, it might get easier once we are no longer a hatchling. 
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #501 on: October 05, 2019, 04:02:47 am »

"Good Ali. Ali help go to the store. Ali cook. Good food. Thank you."
You stay together for a while. Then Ali goes back to her cleaning while you go prepare to go out.

When you get back to the kitchen, Ali is wiping water off the plates with some old rag. She stops her cleaning when she notices you.
"Why are you wearing your pack? You're going out again?"
"Yes."
"Where are you going?"
"Eiwhyl."
She drops the rag and runs up to you.
"Are you hurt?" she asks while examining you worriedly.
You use a foreleg to gently hold her arms away from you.
"No. Work."
There's momentary surprise followed by a sigh of relief.
"Oh. Good!" and after a moment's thought "So is that were you got all all the credits?"
"Yes."
"Wow! Well done! I'm so proud of you! Helping Eiwhyl, making so many credits, helping injured people... Good boy!"
You let her pet you for a while.
"So how long will you be gone?"
You don't know how to answer her question, so you just look at her and stay silent.
"I mean, when will you get back?"
You still don't know the answer.
"Well... Don't be too late, okay?"
You still don't know what she means, but you know that when someone asks 'Okay?' you have to respond with 'Okay.' so that is what you do.
"Okay."
With that, you head towards the door.
"Goodbye. Good luck. Stay safe." she says.
It's strange. She's smiling but... You don't know how, but you can tell she's also kinda sad. It seems familiar, somehow. It takes you a few moments but you finally realize where you've seen this before. It's the same look she was giving Dad when he left this morning. You're not sure you understand.
"Goodbye." you say and close the door, making sure to lock it.

The trip to Eiwhyl is uneventful. A few strange looks by people, but you're becoming used to that. Even before you get there, you can hear her and someone else shouting in an unknown language. When you get there you find the door open. Through it, you see Eiwhyl arguing with a blue-skinned person that has fleshy things instead of hair (you briefly wonder if they can move like the fake-meat store owner).

Eventually Eiwhyl tosses a vial of something on the counter and looks away. The blue one grabs the vial, tosses some credits on the counter and storms out. Eiwhyl shouts at her as she walks away, but she doesn't stop. She gets out of the clinic, shoving you out of her way in the process. You make your disapproval of this known via a growl, but she doesn't even look your way. Somehow that is even more irritating.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 05, 2019, 04:14:43 am »

Eiwhyl looks real mad about something... we'd better wait here awhile.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 05, 2019, 05:32:08 am »

Maybe she’s mad at the blue creature?ask “Einwyl, What work I do?”

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 05, 2019, 08:00:22 am »

Wait at the door a minute, until Einwyl collects herself or the time finishes, and then walk in, asking, "Einwyl, what work I do?"

A combination of your two ideas Nature and Super. 

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 05, 2019, 08:02:34 am »

Wait at the door a minute, until Einwyl collects herself or the time finishes, and then walk in, asking, "Einwyl, what work I do?"

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 05, 2019, 08:24:27 am »

+1
+1

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #507 on: October 05, 2019, 12:03:19 pm »

Eiwhyl lowers her head and hides it behind her palms, her arms resting on the counter, as if the argument somehow physically exhausted her. After a few seconds of this she gets up with a sigh and looks around. That's when she notices you. She whispers something to herself and then motions for you to come.
"Well, don't just stand there! Come in!"
You slowly and carefully walk inside, making sure to remain aware of where the door is at all times, so you can make a quick escape if necessary.
"Eiwhyl, what work I do?" you ask.
"Well, that's the question I've been asking myself all the damned day today, trying to pull something outta my choobies. What in the void is a dragon supposed to do, of all the blasted things? You're supposed to be stupid beasts or mythical creatures. Why aren't you off... I dunno, hanging out in an asteroid, giving out quests to spacers or something? What are you doing in my city?"
You're not exactly sure what she's asking or why she's mad at you, so you stay silent. Eiwhyl stares at you for a second and then sighs, seemingly much calmer.
"I can't believe I'm saying this, but you can help around here, I suppose. I could use someone to keep an eye on things while I sleep. I've been looking to hire another nurse ever since Iseng'ela run off, but well... you'll do." she says with a dismissive wave of her hand.
"It'll help you avoid attracting too much of the wrong attention and it will let me keep an eye on you and make sure you don't do anything too stupid. What do you say? You're up for that?"
You don't know what being a nurse means, but you could at least try to help Eiwhyl. She'll probably teach you what exactly that entails.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 05, 2019, 12:07:22 pm »

”keep an eye on, watching items, yes I can do that”

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 05, 2019, 12:10:16 pm »