Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Armoured Commander I & II - roguelike WW2 tank simulator  (Read 19151 times)

sudasana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Armoured Commander II
Re: Armoured Commander I & II - roguelike WW2 tank simulator
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2020, 03:13:22 am »

Found and fixed, thanks! You can re-download the game from the development build link. I've kept the same version number (03-01-20) so that you can continue your saved game if you like.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2020, 09:10:55 pm »

Crash on the newest weekly release when a friendly aircraft came down to attack an unspotted target.

How do you enter the new close-range combat?
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

sudasana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Armoured Commander II
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2020, 09:34:19 am »

I've tracked down the cause of the crash, will be fixed later today.

To engage in close combat, you need to have 1+ gun or infantry units in the hex ahead of you at the start of your turn. A Close Assault command will become available to your driver. You can still fire in the shooting phase, but during the close combat phase your squad will attack all gun and infantry units in the hex ahead of you. It's risky though, especially if you don't have overwhelming firepower heading in!

Edit: Crash is fixed now in current development build
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 10:02:18 am by sudasana »

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2020, 03:34:45 am »

Crash when squad tank is firing on an enemy rifle squad with machine-gun fire.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

sudasana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Armoured Commander II
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2020, 12:55:42 pm »

Haven't been able to replicate this one - could you send in the savegame? Thanks!

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2020, 08:23:59 am »

Just got my first proper Game Over here, a run that didn't get cut short because of a bug or major version update... Commander got nicked by a coax MG; only a 2 firepower hit. Put him into Critical wounds; I promptly button up and kill the tank that did it, won the battle, got back to the map to see 'Your Commander has died from wounds'. 'Darn' was my thought. 'Your Combat Day has ended'; ok, makes sense, tank commanders don't grow on trees after all. 'Your campaign has ended'; wait what?... Oh. Well, I suppose it makes sense that the tank commander would be me if anyone; and I knew unbuttoned Direct Fire actions were too good to be true... (My commander spent the vast majority of time unbuttoned, because that was a great way to score hits. Even when there was an HMG team adjacent. I was very reckless in hindsight.)

By the way, is Quick Trigger (or was it Burst Fire? The Gunner skill that boosts chance of maintaining fire with the Main Gun) working right? I was using a Firefly (Canada Campaign) and I swear the chance of maintaining fire dropped after taking it, by quite a lot...

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

sudasana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Armoured Commander II
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2020, 08:34:18 am »

Just got my first proper Game Over here, a run that didn't get cut short because of a bug or major version update... Commander got nicked by a coax MG; only a 2 firepower hit. Put him into Critical wounds; I promptly button up and kill the tank that did it, won the battle, got back to the map to see 'Your Commander has died from wounds'. 'Darn' was my thought. 'Your Combat Day has ended'; ok, makes sense, tank commanders don't grow on trees after all. 'Your campaign has ended'; wait what?... Oh. Well, I suppose it makes sense that the tank commander would be me if anyone; and I knew unbuttoned Direct Fire actions were too good to be true... (My commander spent the vast majority of time unbuttoned, because that was a great way to score hits. Even when there was an HMG team adjacent. I was very reckless in hindsight.)

Glad to hear it! Yes, your Commander is you, so if you get killed or are wounded seriously, your campaign ends. It's always going to be a strategic decision, how much risk you expose him to during battles.

By the way, is Quick Trigger (or was it Burst Fire? The Gunner skill that boosts chance of maintaining fire with the Main Gun) working right? I was using a Firefly (Canada Campaign) and I swear the chance of maintaining fire dropped after taking it, by quite a lot...

I checked the code and it does have an impact on RoF chances; likely not as much as whether you use the Ready Rack or not, though, and the effectiveness of the skill is moderated by the crewman's Knowledge stat as well.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2020, 08:50:09 am »

I checked the code and it does have an impact on RoF chances; likely not as much as whether you use the Ready Rack or not, though, and the effectiveness of the skill is moderated by the crewman's Knowledge stat as well.

I figured that, but I believe I was getting near 40% chances of maintaining fire (with Ready Rack usage, of course... I had a very specialized Loader, you see. Fast Hands and a good number of Knowledge level ups) before taking it, but afterwards never seemed to be able to get anywhere close. (I want to say around 25% with Ready Rack?) I'll keep closer track for my next campaign, get you more data. There is a non-zero chance that I am just being blind after all.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

sudasana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Armoured Commander II
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2020, 09:19:02 am »

I think I found the problem - the skill effects were not stacking, and the lower effect was replacing the larger one. Will be fixed in next release.

Edit: Fixed in the current dev build (14th January)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 10:42:42 am by sudasana »

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2020, 08:34:11 pm »

Haven't been able to replicate this one - could you send in the savegame? Thanks!

Haven't been able to replicate the situation either. I'll keep an eye peeled for it popping up in the newest weekly dev.

Couple quick questions:
1) Does enemy strength and unit composition vary from day type to day type (advance, battle, etc)? Does it vary as the campaign goes forward?

sudasana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Armoured Commander II
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2020, 02:59:31 am »

1) Does enemy strength and unit composition vary from day type to day type (advance, battle, etc)? Does it vary as the campaign goes forward?

Yes, and yes. Battle and Fighting Withdrawl missions will have stronger resistance levels. Campaigns set the odds of spawning each unit class at the start of the campaign, but each week these can be modified, reflecting different unit availibilities over time. In the Poland Campaign, for example, odds of encountering armoured cars drop from the second week, anti-tank guns from the third week. This system still needs more polish though, and in the future will be a little more fine-grained.

NickAragua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2020, 02:23:46 pm »

I just came across this thread last night and stayed up way past my bedtime playing Armoured Commander I.

That game is seriously fun. So far, thankfully, I've only come up against infantry, AT guns and self-propelled guns, but one of the AT guns got a through armor shot and blew my main gunner to bits.

Luckily, we still had the bow MG, so were able to take the AT gun out, but ouch man.

sudasana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Armoured Commander II
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2020, 02:25:33 pm »

Glad to hear it!  :D I hope that eventually ArmCom2 will take over its predecessor's mantle.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2020, 12:00:40 am »

Do the Opel Blitz 3-ton trucks actually do anything aside from withdrawing in battle?
Not sure if the sniper event is working, my Assistant Driver was hit by a sniper in battle and nothing negative happened.

Ideas on bridges: they could display differently on the battle map and have a goal of taking the bridge
I think targets of opportunity, which from what I can tell have replaced objectives, could have a bit more flavour and differentiation. Ammo depots, supply lines, stolen loot being transported, intel, fortified positions having an opening.
Urban combat as an entire combat day, with partisans and ambushes and entrenched forces?

Looking on the roguelike I have played most (dungeon crawl stone soup), I think a great element to take from it is the concept of unique enemies/circumstances as landmarks in the roguelike game aspect. You could take these in pieces from history.

Edit: On August 12th in Patton's Best, just waiting to die or the next release, then I'm gonna try the Winter War campaign.  :D

Really enjoying the game and would be stoked to see a roadmap of what you'd like ArmCom2 to end up as!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 12:14:01 am by Little »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2020, 02:45:18 am »

I'd also be interested in seeing a roadmap for the future of this game.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10