Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Re: AIAR-The Fraternal Order of the Silver Moon-Cold Season 1921-Event Phase  (Read 11880 times)

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
Re: AIAR-The Fraternal Order of the Silver Moon-Cold Season 1921-ABC Phase
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2019, 01:59:04 pm »

So 4 tokens to design/revision, none to research/expeditions?

Correct.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2019, 04:37:57 pm »

So 4 tokens to design/revision, none to research/expeditions?

Correct.
Sounds like the plan to me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2019, 03:15:36 pm »

Before the turn itself, please take this time to consider joining the discord. Information on turns, general updates, and more are posted there.
Here is a link, incase you missed them prior. Thank you.

Cold Season, 1921, ABC Phase

Work begins on retooling our workshop for production of M1917 rifles and wagons, and construction of an additional line started. With progress going well on it, it appears that the team assigned chose to start work on a second. Both lines will be available for production at the start of the warm season.

Equipment handed out has received some comment, mostly in the form of noting that equipment with ammunition not produced at this time will necessarily have reduced utility in combat.

WELCOME TO THE D&E PHASE FOR COLD SEASON, 1921
You have four tokens for this phase.

Spoiler: WIP Projects (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Logistics & Designs (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 03:50:17 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2019, 04:57:37 pm »

Alright, so, after some discussion with AseaHeru, it turns out that if we wanted a good helmet design, it would have to be a separate design to the uniform. All-in-all, I think we'd get much more benefit out of a helmet than we would a uniform (especially considering how much artillery they have), and a helmet could basically be our uniform for now, since our troops will know anyone with a helmet is most likely an ally.

We'll be able to use the extra line currently being constructed to put them into production, I think.

I propose:

Spoiler: Infanterie-Helm-1921 (click to show/hide)

On top of:

*Reverse-engineer the Stielhandgranate.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 12:59:03 am by coleslaw35 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2019, 11:05:41 pm »

I propose:

On top of:

I like the sound of all of this, and the helmet has all of the things I was going to suggest.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2019, 11:59:52 am »

Rejoice in my failures, for I have found that I have been shortchanging each side four tokens for this turn. I blame Refit&Repair.
 These tokens may be retroactively assigned to the ABC phase, or assigned on further.
Highly Opinionated Fool

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2019, 01:50:03 pm »

EDIT: So we have 6 tokens to work with...

After some discussion with AseaHeru, it appears that in order to produce carts at higher production capabilities, we would need a sawmill to process raw lumber into the materials required. As such:

*Use a token to build a sawmill in West Neu Salsburg. Use a token to rush construction.
*Use a token to build a 5th production line on our one and only workshop (so that we can build the machineguns when they are completed.)

And since that would leave us with two tokens... What if we use them to reverse-engineer the 10 cm M. 14 Feldhaubitze and its ammo so that we can more effectively respond to their artillery with artillery of our own? What do you think, Zultan? Otherwise, we could just go for the uniform, but I personally think getting artillery into the field would have a greater impact than a uniform. And like I've said previously, our helmet could effectively be the "uniform" until then.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 03:58:03 pm by coleslaw35 »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2019, 02:10:24 pm »

They also require metal, be it iron, copper, steel, aluminium, or whatever.

As pointed out to me by your enemy, designs are two tokens, not three. Thus, I owe yall a new token. You now have 5 tokens to spend wherever alongside your current four tokens for design&revision
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 03:36:03 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2019, 02:46:03 am »

EDIT: So we have 6 tokens to work with...

After some discussion with AseaHeru, it appears that in order to produce carts at higher production capabilities, we would need a sawmill to process raw lumber into the materials required. As such:

*Use a token to build a sawmill in West Neu Salsburg. Use a token to rush construction.
*Use a token to build a 5th production line on our one and only workshop (so that we can build the machineguns when they are completed.)

And since that would leave us with two tokens... What if we use them to reverse-engineer the 10 cm M. 14 Feldhaubitze and its ammo so that we can more effectively respond to their artillery with artillery of our own? What do you think, Zultan? Otherwise, we could just go for the uniform, but I personally think getting artillery into the field would have a greater impact than a uniform. And like I've said previously, our helmet could effectively be the "uniform" until then.

I agree with all of this, and artillery is more important than uniforms.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2019, 10:16:14 am »

So then it seems the plan is:

*Use a token to build a 5th production line on our one and only workshop (so that we can build the machineguns, artillery, or helmets when they are completed.) After further thought, this would leave us too few tokens to design the helmet, and we already have two lines being constructed so those should do for now.
*Reverse-engineer the 10 cm M. 14 Feldhaubitze and its ammo so that we can respond to their artillery with artillery of our own.
*Design the aforementioned helmet.

After gauging the success/unsuccess of our assault on Berek, we can consider our next move. Possibly on the ironband mine/processing facility in Selye, so that we can actually get some metal (of which we currently have no access to.)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 04:39:12 pm by coleslaw35 »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2019, 04:32:16 pm »

Thats eight tokens, whats the ninth going towards?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 05:27:01 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2019, 05:17:26 pm »

We had more tokens than I realized.. interesting. This means we can design a helmet AND uniform in one turn, unless you think there's something better we could use the tokens for, Zultan?

*Use a token to build a sawmill in West Neu Salsburg. Use a token to rush construction. (2 Tokens)
*Reverse-engineer the 10 cm M. 14 Feldhaubitze and its HE ammo so that we can respond to their artillery with artillery of our own. (2 Tokens
*Reverse-engineer the Stielhandgranate. (1 Token)
*Design the helmet. (2 Tokens)

This leaves us with two tokens.

After gauging the success/unsuccess of our assault on Berek, we can consider our next move. Possibly on the ironband mine/processing facility in Selye, so that we can actually get some metal (of which we currently have no access to.)

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 05:30:07 pm by coleslaw35 »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2019, 05:30:26 pm »

The blackband iron expands further than just Berek, thats just where the current production and processing is.
Highly Opinionated Fool

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2019, 06:03:24 pm »

The blackband iron expands further than just Berek, thats just where the current production and processing is.

So then whereabouts do the veins of blackband iron begin and end? Because the 2nd post on the core thread just says there are rich deposits near Selye.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 06:04:59 pm by coleslaw35 »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2019, 06:25:20 pm »

Oh, the mountains around there probably have some. Capturing information from the last government, expeditions into areas, and potentially ritual or relic shenanigans may lead to more.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9