Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: CYOGTCG: A TCG game where you make your own cards! Decks created: 7  (Read 20476 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG: A TCG game where you make your own cards! Decks created: 6
« Reply #180 on: August 15, 2019, 06:25:50 am »

I draw a card, and play a Perimeter Defence. I then spawn another Battle Droid token from the Robotic Assembly Line.

Last turn's Battle Droid then shoots your Cyber Dragon for one damage.

I'm not actually sure how Cyber Dragon and Perimeter Defence's rules interact here.

Hearts: 2
Cards: 4
Stars: 1

Spoiler: Board (click to show/hide)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 15, 2019, 06:39:53 am »

I'm not actually sure how Cyber Dragon and Perimeter Defence's rules interact here.
My understanding would be that Cyberdragon's "may attack the enemy player directly" only trumps the normal restriction on having to attack enemy cards first and the fence would take precedence. But it's up to Supernerd to make a ruling or yourselves to come to an agreement.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 15, 2019, 11:57:36 am »

Yes, perimeter defense is pretty much the only thing played so far that throws off the dragon. So you earn yourself another turn.

I gain another star. And the Cyber Dragon heals.
Quote from: Beginning Stats
Hearts: 20
Cards: 3
Stars: 4
I draw, then play a face down card for 3.

Dragon snacks on gun turrets.

Plus 1 star for end of turn. Dragon heals at the start of your turn.
Spoiler: field (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Ending Stats
Hearts: 20
Cards: 3
Stars: 2

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 15, 2019, 12:24:52 pm »

I draw a card, and play a Railgun from Orbit, dealing 4 damage to your Scavenger Bot. I then spawn another Battle Droid token from the Robotic Assembly Line, and deal one more damage to Scavenger Bot with last turn's Battle Droid, destroying it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hearts: 2
Cards: 4
Stars: 1

I then accept my impending doom.

Spoiler: Board (click to show/hide)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 15, 2019, 03:35:59 pm »

Okay, I just got to get in on this game. I submitted a deck to notquitethere to be reviewed.
When it's ready, I'd like to fight it with my deck, unmodified from my fight with nqt.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 15, 2019, 05:47:31 pm »

Then that's game, face down card was a Cypher just to let everyone know.

Honestly, my deck was immensely kind to me this game, totally opposite from last game. I can't believe I actually got to play the dragon, especially as anything more than a stalemate breaker.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 15, 2019, 06:43:12 pm »

For the record, I would generally go by the literal meaning of the text when trying to figure out how opposing effects interact with eachother. If there's still no clear answer, I would probably say the more obscure and situational effect would take precedence.

For the record, this is the card that was forged. Like, before this card was even made. I guess that makes this the forgery?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 15, 2019, 08:09:00 pm »

This is me pushing mtg logic again, but in that game as a rule 'cannot' is considered more powerful then 'can'. So as a mtg player, the interpretation was obvious for me.

Also, nope at 3 makes sense to me, that's about as powerful as it gets for single turn removal in this game as far as I can see.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 15, 2019, 08:17:17 pm »

Supernerd's deck is shaping up, almost ready to roll. When I was helping edit it, I did think it might be useful to allow players to have a glossary for their deck so that wordy but commonly used effects (like "this card doesn't count towards the play limit" or "if this card would be destroyed, put it in your hand instead") can be expressed as a keyword ability like "Bonus" or "Recycler". Like Magic does with Haste, Flying, etc.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 15, 2019, 08:23:36 pm »

This is me pushing mtg logic again, but in that game as a rule 'cannot' is considered more powerful then 'can'. So as a mtg player, the interpretation was obvious for me.

Also, nope at 3 makes sense to me, that's about as powerful as it gets for single turn removal in this game as far as I can see.
Well, I haven't actually come across that situation before. I've known that specific trumps general, but I didn't know cannot trumps can.
I guess in situations where the word cannot comes up, it's always in defiance of the usual general rules, at least where I've come across it. For example, Defender, "This card cannot attack", it trumps the usual rule that creatures may attack during the combat phase. Which is a case of specific over general.
So as for the Dragon being immune to destruction effects, Nope! doesn't actually even destroy it, it just moves it to discard. Plus it says none of the abilities of the other card activate, so I'd say that specifically trumps blanket immunity. So I'd say Nope! would work on it.

Also, agreed, I can see some removal being cheaper, but Nope! is as powerful as it gets. It's more powerful than a Nope! in Exploding Kittens.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 15, 2019, 09:34:21 pm »

Almost done. Just need to tweak like two cards now. I'm also inclined to let notquitethere put together decks for other people as well if they are so inclined. They did a pretty good job with mine.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG: A TCG game where you make your own cards! Decks created: 7
« Reply #191 on: August 15, 2019, 11:25:03 pm »

I would like to request that you make the Bureaucracy deck  whenever I'd get around to it. I might be deliberately wanting to face it off against The People.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 16, 2019, 01:32:15 am »

I'm trying not to sound like a poor loser, but I'm feeling like my deck is a bit weak. Not sure if im just mishandling it, or if it's badly designed, or whether some of the cards are literally weak.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 16, 2019, 02:47:27 am »

I'm going to give my opinions...

For your deck:
-Flexible star generation, can be used as blockers, healing, and with the reactor, proper generation at two per own turn, with potential to spike to four in some cases.
-High token generation: good for attrition.
-Perimeter Defense, a reliable, if lower impact tool to keep your other cards safe. As a note, I would be careful in your application of hearts to these, as the star generation is far more valuable.
-Mega Tank, exceptionally powerful for its cost, we saw 10/10 at 5 stars and this manages to be 4 stars with a trample effect, that's scary.
-Matchups, you ran into Join the Cause, which has been generally accepted as maybe too powerful, I'd argue it's flat out the most powerful card in this thread so far. Then when we played I pretty much had the perfect hand and follow up draws, I only had one assembly bay and cyber dragon in the deck at the time and they appeared exactly when I needed them.

Against your deck:
-Fragile economy, it's combo based, thus can be easily disabled.
-General low HP, the chaingun was meant for ripping apart token decks, and your deck fits the bill, but what is worse is even your economy is that low on hearts.
-No notable draw-power/deck searching, at least as far as we have seen, and in a deck that uses a combo based economy and reliance on big hitters like the mega tank to bring the hammer down and win the game, this might be crippling.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 16, 2019, 03:19:18 am »

Worth noting is that I have two additional cards that haven't seen the light of day yet. One is alternate form of direct damage, and the second nerfs hostile attack power.

The biggest restriction I've been feeling is the "play 1 card per turn" rule, mainly cos I come from MTG. I think something that lets me get around that will help me realise this deck a little better.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21