Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64324 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Before the Deluge
« Reply #615 on: September 07, 2019, 01:06:04 pm »

He mentioned a wedding on his Hexcradt game on Sunday, so Sunday/Monday/Tuesday?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 10, 2019, 06:37:36 am »

Apologies for the delay. Had a wedding at the weekend and then set aside time to do this on Sunday but the site was down. Here's part 1 of a 2-part update (got disturbed midway through writing, so will pick the rest up later today):

Dense Woods
[Quietly] “Jaguar watching us. An actual jaguar, not some cyberbeast facsimile. Over there. It doesn’t look hostile yet, but be ready for if it attacks.”
Make eye contact with the jaguar, and try to stare for longer than it can stare at me to assert dominance and claim the position of power. Be prepared to shoot it with my spikes if it attacks.
Aside from that, progress onward.
[Darrin rolled 5+3+1empathy=9]
[Darrin rolled 5+2+1wits+1scout+1allies=10]

Darrin stares at the jaguar. It glares back at him still. They stand there frozen. The scientist's eyes begin to water. At last he blinks... and the jaguar is gone. None of the others see where it went.

"They're not normally maneaters, right?" says Alice.

The group move on through the woods, trying to find a path. Darrin takes lead and together they break through into the open. At some point, underfoot, they pass the fallen rusted remains of the old zoo fence.

Amazona Zoo
The party find themselves in front of a rusting children's play area. The zoo stretches out beyond. While the outbuildings are covered in overgrowth, the paths themselves have been kept clear. A faded map on the board next to where they come out tell them that they are in 'Rainforest Springs'.

"It's not clear," says Frost. "Where's the keeper's hut on this map? Which way should we go here?"

Spoiler: Zoo Map (click to show/hide)

Darrin gains +1 tally for exploration.

Walt Labs
”Are you alright?”
Use my long body to encircle the person, to protect him from possible threats

Ben kinda freaks out over the sudden reaction of his new mecha-pede friend and teleports hopefully a short distance away.
"A win for Team Legend? I assume that is your faction. If you are so impressed, perhaps you can put in a good word for me."
El Tigre looks at the doctor.
"It is nice to see you again amigo, I was wondering where you ran off to."
Do that faction rep damage control.
Quietly say to the guy I've been traveling with. "Okay now seems a good time as any but who are The Eyes of Gaia, I've heard it mentioned several times but don't know what it is."
Put on my rain coat, then see about ripping the dead cyber dog's head off and try to make a hat out of it.
[Burt rolled 5+6+1body=12]
[Ben rolled 6+2+1weird=9]
[El Tigre rolled 4+1+1empathy+1deaddog-2hunter=5]
As the huge millipede robot curls around the mechanic, he suddenly flickers a short distance away. Specifically, twenty feet up from where he was previously. Sandra senses his new position as the man materialises into being once again.

Inside the ruined restaurant, Red Cap approaches El Tigre as the wrestler tries to make friends. Suddenly, he whips out his pike and plunges it into El Tigre's side!

"This is for RIPAlbion39!" he shouts.

Meanwhile, the doctor has been ripping off the cyberdogs head, electricity pulsing from his own hands, frying the old circuits that once animated it. A regular zapping might even keep the flesh from rotting. Bits of charred wiring and dried gore fall out the bottom of the head. Burt puts the head on his own head and it fits snugly. As he does so, he asks Red Cap a question, but Red Cap is currently occupied in murdering the luchador.

El Tigre gains +1 tally for critical failure.
El Tigre gains condition: stabbed by a pike.
Burt Goldstine gains a cyberdog head hat.

Gated Community
Looking to the sky, Issac somewhat awkwardly remarks "So... Does anyone have any less... Robophobic... Things that they wanted to discuss?"

If the kids weren't keen on continuing the discussion, Issac would look for a place to be that wasn't out in the rain.
[Isaac rolled 6+2-2empathy+1church=7]
One of the children takes pity on Isaac and invites him over for a meal, out of the rain. They head into an ugly square house, into the dining room. The walls are covered with plaques that say things like LIVE LAUGH LOVE, and IN THIS HOUSE WE (followed by lists of family friendly things). Isaac takes a seat. The child, a brown-haired boy called Ezekiel, introduces Isaac to his mother. His mother is a heavily pregnant woman, perhaps in her mid-thirties. She looks tired as she glances up from here needlepoint at Isaac.

"You're the new arrival aren't you?" she says. "I see you've been helping my husband Jethro out with some things. How's that all going?"

Second part of the update will cover Irma and Sandeep!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 10, 2019, 07:57:27 am »

Issac gives a response. "Well we found the tractor... But we didn't find it in working condition."

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 10, 2019, 08:40:45 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Darrin quietly chuckles.
“This is a map for children; where the keeper’s hut would be wouldn’t be on here. We’re up at the top of the map, though, and there should be some brick kilns just a bit further inside.
My guess is that the keeper’s hut will either be somewhere along the edge, or over at he entrance area. It might also be that larger building by the rhea exhibit, though.”
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 10, 2019, 10:45:23 am »

The Broads
Follow the riverbank NE to get to Postwick.
As rain begins to pelt down on her, Irma holds on to the log as it floats down the river. The river pushes her along, soon entering a broad watery plain interspersed with trees. She sees coming up a waterway leading off northeast under a railway bridge, while the main course of the river bloats out east and southeast. It's not too late to choose which way to paddle her log.

Irma gains +1 tally for exploration.

Retail Park -> Sunken Care Home
"This is just the best day ever."

Look around for some shelter, might be something as simple as a shipping container or dumpster or something, or tie some leafy plant vines together and maybe some scrap plastic to make a simple lean-to.  Should be able to bite through enough vines to cobble together something.

If it really doesn't work out, head to the overgrown area to the.. northwest I think?  Might be some more branches and such which could work.

This rain does seem a little odd, too, can I figure anything artificial about it?

Lastly, see if I can use telepathy to check for nearby enemies or people.

[Sandeep rolled 5+2+1wits=8]
[Sandeep rolled 5+6+1wits=12]
[Sandeep rolled 2+2+1weird=5]
Sandeep wanders around. He knows there's no real shelter in his current area so he wanders off northwest towards the river. There he finds a series of buildings sinking into the burgeoning river, including an old carehome for the elderly. Around the back, amidst swampy overgrowth, he finds a large dumpster bin pushed on its side. He sits inside, perfectly sheltered from the rain which drums on the roof. He shivers, his clothes wet.

Still, while he's waiting in the rain he has cause to consider the oddity of it. He leans out and stares at the clouds. Squinting, there he sees a tiny hover drone buzzing about the sky. Its camera eye appears to be pointing towards where Sandeep huddles. As he's watching he sees a second drone hovering above the river. It has a large tube attached that dangles into the water. Every few moments, a burst of water is sucked out of the river and sprayed into the air... could they be seeding the clouds?

Sandeep concentrates and tries to see if there are any consciousnesses in the vicinity. Could something be controlling these nearby?  He instantly sees someone's eyes for a snap moment. It is looking at its reflection in the curve a huge bell. It has a body covered in vast bulging growths. These growths even cover the top of its head, leaving it earless, warped and misshapen. The only clothes it has are tattered rags now, but once they were bright orange. It has an immense lower jaw that stretches almost to its distended stomach. A tongue with a razor sharp point flicks out.

"I SEE YOU." It says to Sandeep, as the thing stares back at him. Sandeep severs the connection but he knows its too late. This thing has his mindscent and is coming for him!

Sandeep gains +1 tally for exploration.
Sandeep gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Gated Community
Issac gives a response. "Well we found the tractor... But we didn't find it in working condition."
The woman continues. "Some of the men have gone over to the old Castle to bargain with them for a vehicle. I told them without a proper agreement, a real enforceable contract, we're never going to get decent trade out of the Keep," she says, before mumbling, barely audibly, "not that he'd ever listen to what I have to say."

Her child begins clanging about in the kitchen, getting food ready.

Amazona Zoo
This is a map for children; where the keeper’s hut would be wouldn’t be on here. We’re up at the top of the map, though, and there should be some brick kilns just a bit further inside.
My guess is that the keeper’s hut will either be somewhere along the edge, or over at he entrance area. It might also be that larger building by the rhea exhibit, though.”
"It'll take ages to cover this whole place," says Frost. "Let's split up and meet back here in an hour. Alice, you head off around the east side, Lazarus, you walk around the west. I'll check out the rhea building if you, Darrin, want to take the entrance way?"

He passes Darrin a casio wristwatch after setting the alarm to go in 60 minutes time.

Darrin gains a watch.

Spoiler: Full Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 10:48:51 am by notquitethere »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 10, 2019, 10:58:28 am »

Hearing some noise inside the restaurant, Sandra heads towards it to investigate what’s happening, and help her allies if they are in danger

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Getting What is Due
« Reply #621 on: September 10, 2019, 11:58:08 am »

“Sure. The rhea exhibit should be halfway to the entrance, so I’ll go with you and split with you when we get there.”
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 10:49:03 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 10, 2019, 12:32:29 pm »

"Dude what the hell, you can't just stab people, and I don't think he killed your friend."
Use my rebar club to knock the pike out of his hands, and try to get it away from him.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 10, 2019, 04:29:01 pm »

Issac immediately started to wonder how a contract would be enforced in this day and age...

"Funny you should mention that. I happen to be a lawyer by trade, or used to be at the very least. I find it quite heartening to know that a contract can still be enforced in these parts. Out of curiosity, if we were to make a contract with them what do you figure the terms would be?"

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 10, 2019, 10:22:46 pm »

"Hmm.  Well, I might get answers from these cameras, but I have to convince them to stick around.. that creature isn't going to wait for long."

Prepare myself for the combat by closing my eyes and trying to centre myself.  Use telepathy to track the attacker.. I'm obviously going to be found, so no need to hide, at least from that creature.

Secondly.. well, lets make sure the cameras don't want to miss this.  Take off my wet clothes and stack them in the dumpster, they aren't making me any warm, and do some stretches to try and stay limber in the cold, while waiting for the creature to arrive.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 11, 2019, 12:12:48 pm »

"Aw... CRAP!!!"
Ben, having seemingly no control over his body, simply teleports again for somewhere safer than this.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 11, 2019, 08:45:36 pm »

"Ack! You filthy sanchito!"

Spend 5 tallys to increase Body to 3.
Snap the spear off, then rip it out of his hands. Toss it behind my back menacingly.

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 16, 2019, 04:03:27 pm »

..?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 16, 2019, 04:50:04 pm »

what is the question mark for?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 16, 2019, 05:36:28 pm »

Prod I imagine! (Update incoming in an hour or so.)
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44