Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64336 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Out of the fire and...
« Reply #600 on: August 30, 2019, 05:43:16 pm »

That’s fine.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Out of the fire and...
« Reply #601 on: August 31, 2019, 06:41:09 pm »

Retail Park
Well, lets go and trap me some rabbits.  Easy enough to get a bit of metal, a metal grill that was once a fan guard, a portion of car door or bumper, should be something around.  And I've got wire, so setting up some snares is ok.

Build a fire, watch the big fire, and set up some snares to get a rabbit.  Get ready to rabbit myself.

[Sandeep rolls 4+1+1wits+1lighter-1cuthead=6]
[Sandeep rolls 6+5+1wits+1wire-1soaked=12]
Sandeep gathers up the wood for a fire. It's hard to concentrate with the pain in his head, but he muddles on. Eventually, as he's leaning over the pile, watching the big fire in the distance, the clouds overhead burst open and it begins to rain heavily. There's no good cover in the area so his hopes of starting a fire are squashed. The water, though drenching, does clear his mind and clean the blood caked on his forehead. He turns his attention to the rabbit...

He sets the wire snares and waits, huddling as close to the rusting walls of the retail unit to stay away from the worst of the downpour. It's not long before he has a rabbit caught, it's leg caught in the trap.

Sandeep no longer has the condition: cut head.
Sandeep has the condition: soaked to the bone.

Sandeep gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Nexus
Try to remember where the hole is
[Sandra rolls 5+2+2wits=9]
Sandra tries to recall what it felt like. Like a hole... no... like a layer of reality was missing. Like if the colour red disappeared, or the wind stopped forever, and nobody realised. It feels uncanny and makes her momentarily uncomfortable in her millipede form. She tries to explain to Helen.

"That sounds like Distance. Most people up here can't take control of robots like we can, they identify too much with their new senses and they've forgotten their old. They can't walk and see anymore because they've forgotten how. There's a shock when we enter our Earth-forms, like parts of us feel cut off. We call that Distance. When someone becomes too Distant, they can't leave the web world anymore. It works both ways though... some agents have such poor Connexion to Nexus that they can only exist when they're in a robot body. I think a lot of the Hunters Guild get like that."

Sandra gains +1 distance.

Walt Labs
Sneak attack the dogs with a rush of hooks, left, right, and whatever the third direction is called, using Celerity.
Assist Vladislav by pinning the dog so it doesn't bite him after the sneak attack.
Smash the dog that's biting me in the chest with my club, then keep hitting until its dead.
Ben glances behind him and then takes a breath, he momentarily adjusts his toolbelt while taking inventory before looking over at the millipede bot, he gets a nervous look on his face when he sees it move again.
[Vladislav rolled 2+4+2weird+1boxer=9]
[El Tigre rolled 3+5+2body+1wrestling=11]
[Goldstine rolled 6+5+1body+1veteran+1club-1cutleg=13]
[Ben rolls 2+3+2wits+1mechanic=8]
Vladislav zips into the restaurant with speed, his feet barely touching the ground. Behind him though there's a great rev of an engine as Dulcamara drives off into the tree-lined ruins to the south, Tim-Tam flying above. The noise sets one of the dogs to turn around and it launches itself as Vladislav. El Tigre comes to the rescue, body slamming the pooch, pinning it down, while Vladislav makes chrome paste out of its jaw. Helen whips a tentacle into the building and yanks one of the half-metal/half-corpse legs off of it.

Goldstine lunges for the dog that's attacking him, smashing its cameras and breaking its teeth. After its stopped shuddering, when its clear the thing is broken beyond repair, Red Cap lunges his pike through its body just to be sure.

Two Terraterror drones get all of this one camera. The cyberbeasts have been defeated.

Red Cap, the masked, metal man with a bloodstained beard and a red baseball cap emblazoned with the word LEGEND, says, "I'll call this as a win for Team Legend." He walks over to where El Tigre and Vladislav stand before the body of cyberdog. "Let me congratulate you on those moves," he says. "You're no mild pussycat..."

While this is happening Ben looks at the metal millipede before him. He distinctly remembers building one of these models in his workshop when he got the job in Kyoto... but no... that can't be right, he's never lived in Kyoto... As he's working through conflicting visions of his past, the first spots of rainfall start falling on him.

Ben gains condition: confused.

Gated Community
"The thing that is wrong with my hand... Is that I was bit by a Robot Dog! You shouldn't go out scavenging alone. Or at all actually. But when you get older, its better to travel with at least one companion."

"As for the arm, there's a medical condition known as Hemihypertrophy. What it means is that a limb is longer than it typically should be. I'm not quite perfectly balanced which can be a bit awkward sometimes, but there's also some utility in having a longer reach."

[Isaac rolled 6+1-2empathy+1church=6]
Tas stops looking at Isaac's long arm and notices his golden finger for the first time. "AHHH!" she screams. "You're one of them already!"

With that she runs away, leaving Isaac alone in the middle of the square, receiving suspicious looks from the other children. The first spots of rain start dripping down as the clouds above darken over.

Isaac gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Stepping Stones -> Tarmac Towers
Oh fuck, not like this, it can't end like this.
Use my Palm Spine to grab something and drag myself out of the water.
[Irma rolled 5+2+2weird-1drowning=8]
Irma thrashes in the water, desperate for something... anything! She spots something looming over her and she slaps her palm against it and pulls herself up out of the water, gasping for breath. She pulls herself onto a log floating in the river. Spread out she's able to float on the surface as the water as she's dragged into a wide flood plain where two rivers meet, long burst over the old banks. The water laps over the roofs of some buildings here, and only a handful of tall buildings jut out the waterscape, one with a rusting sign saying TARM.

Another river feeds into this river from the south. Then the converged river flows to the east.

Irma gains +1 tally for exploration.
Irma is no longer drowning.

Cromer Station -> Dense Woods
Investigate the spikes on my left (burning) hand to see if there’s any interaction between the mutations that alters it’s capabilities, and let’s continue onwards.
He waits a moment as the new keratin begins to form under his skin.

"If you're anything like the Freak, you might learn to move that wound around," says Frost.

"Shoot burning spikes out of that thumb of yours," Lazarus suggests.

Alice looks at Darrin's hand uncomfortably. "I think that would hurt if it went wrong."

The four of them continue walking south until they enter a dense woodlands. In the woods they hear rustling, the calls and songs of many birds, and a strange hooting and howling. They walk in further until the way they came is completely lost among the trees and the light dims beneath the thick foliage.

"Did... did you see that?" says Alice. "Something... I think something is following us."

Amoretto gains +1 tally for exploration.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Before the Deluge
« Reply #602 on: August 31, 2019, 06:47:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[Quietly] "I didn't, but I'll be watching."
Be on the lookout for suspicious activity as we continue onward. Be prepared to attack if something hostile arrives.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 31, 2019, 06:54:16 pm »

Regain control of the millipede and look around using the body’s eyes. Ask the human looking at me “Hi. What have you heard about the Eyes?”

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 31, 2019, 07:16:51 pm »

Ben seems deep in thought before snapping to attention when spoken to.
"Yeah hi or whatev... OH Whadahell?! You talk?!
 (Mumbling) wait... oh course it talks I've installed the speakers... I... think?

He holds his head as if nursing a migrane as his mind bounces around conflicting thoughts before trying to settle on remembering what this 'thing' means by 'Eyes'.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 07:18:43 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 31, 2019, 07:32:32 pm »

Walt Labs
Regain control of the millipede and look around using the body’s eyes. Ask the human looking at me “Hi. What have you heard about the Eyes?”
Ben seems deep in thought before snapping to attention when spoken to.
"Yeah hi or whatev... OH Whadahell?! You talk?!
 (Mumbling) wait... oh course it talks I've installed the speakers... I... think?

He holds his head as if nursing a migrane as his mind bounces around conflicting thoughts before trying to settle on remembering what this 'thing' means by 'Eyes'.
[Ben rolled 6+5+1weird-1confused=11]
Ben snaps out of his fugue and realised the huge metal insect is speaking directly to him. He wracks his memories about what the robot could be whispering to him about. Obviously not real organic "eyes" but some kind of organisation maybe? "Ah! That's right. Two memories, simultaneously. Ben as a much older man, but at this exact time, a survivor of the end of world, eking out a living in the walled up ruins of his hometown, maintaining the raiding vehicles for the stronghold. The Eyes of Gaia were one of the many enemies, eco-obsessed uploxed who control robots from somewhere in the sky. These robots destroy all attempts at rebuilding civilisation... and the other memory: Ben, uploxed, half his mind rented out to afford server fees, the other half wishing for an escape, he joins a cell of Eyes of Gaia and controls a giant pillbug stomping around Europe. At first he does it because he heard the servers are stored somewhere there, and he half hopes to free himself from bondage somehow. But then later, he begins to see the beauty of nature recovering in the ruins that humans made of the Earth. Before he can sort through these conflicting visions, Ben snaps back. He doesn't know whether those were real, or just possibilities... but he knows he can access memories of versions of himself that never were.

Ben loses condition: confused.

Dense Forest
[Quietly] "I didn't, but I'll be watching."
Be on the lookout for suspicious activity as we continue onward. Be prepared to attack if something hostile arrives.
[Amoretto rolled 3+5+1wits+1scout=10]
At first he sees just a dense bushy patch, but it resolves itself before Amoretto's eyes into the clear shape of a jaguar, watching the party calmly, with interest. Unlike the cyberbeasts he saw back in the city, this is definitely a living, breathing animal.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 31, 2019, 07:49:21 pm »

[Quietly] “Jaguar watching us. An actual jaguar, not some cyberbeast facsimile. Over there. It doesn’t look hostile yet, but be ready for if it attacks.”
Make eye contact with the jaguar, and try to stare for longer than it can stare at me to assert dominance and claim the position of power. Be prepared to shoot it with my spikes if it attacks.
Aside from that, progress onward.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 31, 2019, 08:35:17 pm »

”Are you alright?”

Use my long body to encircle the person, to protect him from possible threats

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 31, 2019, 10:21:01 pm »

Issac was fairly certain that he was not a robot, on account of the biological functions that he had performed since the unfreezing. It would probably be difficult to converse with Tas in the immediate future, and he doubted that proving that he was a mutant as opposed to a robot would do much to calm her down.

Looking to the sky, Issac somewhat awkwardly remarks "So... Does anyone have any less... Robophobic... Things that they wanted to discuss?"

If the kids weren't keen on continuing the discussion, Issac would look for a place to be that wasn't out in the rain.

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 01, 2019, 01:17:50 am »

Ben kinda freaks out over the sudden reaction of his new mecha-pede friend and teleports hopefully a short distance away.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 02:32:35 am by SHAD0Wdump »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 01, 2019, 02:14:54 am »

"This is just the best day ever."

Look around for some shelter, might be something as simple as a shipping container or dumpster or something, or tie some leafy plant vines together and maybe some scrap plastic to make a simple lean-to.  Should be able to bite through enough vines to cobble together something.

If it really doesn't work out, head to the overgrown area to the.. northwest I think?  Might be some more branches and such which could work.

This rain does seem a little odd, too, can I figure anything artificial about it?

Lastly, see if I can use telepathy to check for nearby enemies or people.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 02:17:49 am by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 01, 2019, 07:38:59 am »

Quietly say to the guy I've been traveling with. "Okay now seems a good time as any but who are The Eyes of Gaia, I've heard it mentioned several times but don't know what it is."
Put on my rain coat, then see about ripping the dead cyber dog's head off and try to make a hat out of it.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 01, 2019, 09:54:52 am »

"A win for Team Legend? I assume that is your faction. If you are so impressed, perhaps you can put in a good word for me."
El Tigre looks at the doctor.
"It is nice to see you again amigo, I was wondering where you ran off to."
Do that faction rep damage control.

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 02, 2019, 10:17:33 am »

Spoiler: Irma Rama (click to show/hide)

Follow the riverbank NE to get to Postwick.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 07, 2019, 12:38:21 pm »

(So... When can we expect the next update)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 44