Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64538 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Morning Routines
« Reply #420 on: July 22, 2019, 09:07:56 pm »

Sandeep is just puzzled.  How pointless.  Whoever's behind this rhino is just wasting time now.  And here, is like the worst place for a rhino.

Just.. climb the fence anyway.  It's not going to be electrified, and I might just take a few pokes, but then I either drop on the rhino's back just like last time, or it punches through the fence and gets tangled up badly.  Or it sits there.  If I do get the drop on it, don't kill it immediately this time.

"Why are you even doing this, anyway?"

(Do note that I'm awaiting the arrival of someone from the pro-plant faction so I can establish their hypocrasy by breaking their stuff too.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 09:18:52 pm by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 23, 2019, 05:19:49 am »

"Now I've got an important question, would you happen to know where we could find a large amount of sulfur because were gonna need that if we can't find premade bullets."
Its time to leave the train yard and head to the north west.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 23, 2019, 05:29:31 am »

Spoiler: Irma Rama (click to show/hide)

Irma hands the note to Tasha, "Perhaps your father left with this group. We should head North, I believe we are being watched," she motions to the camera with her eyes.

Try to catch any radio conversations related to the camera, Sandeep Singh, or this Harjinder fellow.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 23, 2019, 05:36:05 pm »

Roughton Road Railway
"Alright."
Let's ride.
[Amoretto rolled 6+4+0body=10]
After the long rest and good food, Amoretto eases into the ride and makes good progress along the road. He sees no signs of any alligators, it seems bizarre to think that they could even live out here in this mild countryside. After another mile, they get back onto what is clearly the main road and they ride it into a small seaside town.

Henry's Cafe
Turning the corner of the street, through the gaps in houses that have crumbled in the salt air, Amoretto catches glimpses of the sea. A corner cafe on a terrace of shops has a faded red sign in cursive saying "Henry's Welcomes You To #Cromer". Sitting at a table in front of the shop sits a middle-aged woman wearing shalwar kameez, her hair covered. She's reading a yellowed newspaper. She looks up in surprise when she sees Amoretto and the others cycle towards her.

The main road into the beachfront centre of the little town is northwest.

Amoretto gains +1 tally for exploration.

Spoiler: Cromer (click to show/hide)

Twisty Streets
Head towards the bleating, hopefully not getting spotted
[Sandra rolled 6+1+2wits=9]
Sandra heads deeper into the twist of streets. A few streets in, she comes to an area filled with huge family houses with large gardens. She slips down the side of one of these family houses. Past the rusty skeleton of a trampoline, she comes to a spot where three gardens join together, the wooden fences that once separated them long since knocked down. In the centre this garden, there's a small grounded blimp, perhaps 100 ft long. The inflated balloon part is easily twice the height of the nearby houses, but from the ground it's hidden from the street by all the trees that grow about the houses. The little blimp has a tiny cabin compartment, barely ten foot by six. Stuck inside the compartment, visible through the perspex pane, is a small sheep.

Gated Community
Issac agrees to head north in search of the tractor, starting with the direction that the tractor was last seen going. "A tractor is a heavy piece of machinery. Wherever it went, its going to leave behind a trail in the soft dirt and its wheels are more than heavy enough to crush the plantlife it drives over. Got any idea about how much fuel would have been in the thing when it was last used? On a related note, we should probably bring a can of fuel as well as I'm not inclined to push the thing all the way back if the thing is running on empty."
[Isaac rolled 5+3+3wits=11]
Zeke hauls a can of fuel. It smells like a vegetable oil. The three head northeast, following the heavy tracks of the tractor.

"I'd just been back from a long journey and hadn't refilled," Jethro confirms.

Residential Sycamore Woods
In the middle of a street of crumbling, overgrown houses, they find the tractor. Its roof is half-torn, the bonnet is ripped off, the engine is in complete disarray. The tyres and basic frame is mostly intact, but there's no way this thing is going to drive anywhere anytime soon. The flamethrower that was once on the front is completely wrecked almost beyond recognition.

"God's eye!" Zeke spits.

"Such a waste," Jethro says sadly, shaking his head.

"I say we look for tracks and teach these devils a lesson," says Zeke, shaking his rod.

"I think we need to find a new vehicle for Tuckswood," says Jethro. "Will be hard to get the parts we need without one."

Chemical Plant
Just.. climb the fence anyway.  It's not going to be electrified, and I might just take a few pokes, but then I either drop on the rhino's back just like last time, or it punches through the fence and gets tangled up badly.  Or it sits there.  If I do get the drop on it, don't kill it immediately this time.

"Why are you even doing this, anyway?"

[Sandeep rolled 1+5+2body=8]
[Sandeep rolled 3+5+0empathy-3hunters=5]
Sandeep leaps up and grabs hold of the top of the fence, right below where the barbed wire begins. Not a moment too soon, as the rhino smashes into the gate, bursting it open. Sandeep is flung onto the ground, just inside the chemical plant's gate. He's in a large car park area, some distance before the buildings begin properly.

"Why are you even doing this, anyway?" he asks the cyberrhino.

The chrome-plated beast doesn't give him the dignity of a response, it just circles around and charges at him again, its horn and front tangled with fence panel. Sandeep is caught up in the tangle of fence, he clings on tight as it hurtles around the carpark towards the main building of the plant. The rhino is about to slam Sandeep into the wall at high speed.

Sandeep gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Sidings
"Now I've got an important question, would you happen to know where we could find a large amount of sulfur because were gonna need that if we can't find premade bullets."
Its time to leave the train yard and head to the north west.
Red Cap stops in his tracks and seems to process the question for a little while before continuing on.

"There's a chemical plant about four miles that way," he says, pointing vaguely northwest. "Satellite shows its still intact, could be sulfur there."

Cemetery
Goldstine and Red Cap clamber out of the railway sidings and soon find themselves walking through a huge cemetery. Many of the graves are completely obscured by rampant ivy. Now and then, an angel statue looms out from behind the many trees. The woods become thicker to the northeast, while building can be seen in most other directions.

Goldstine gains +1 tally for exploration.

Walt Labs
Irma hands the note to Tasha, "Perhaps your father left with this group. We should head North, I believe we are being watched," she motions to the camera with her eyes.

Try to catch any radio conversations related to the camera, Sandeep Singh, or this Harjinder fellow.
[Irma rolled 5+4+2weird=11]
Irma concentrates on the background crackle of static in her head. She feels she can move through the frequencies, like tuning a radio. She catches brief snatches of sentences, and on certain bands her limbs want to move in certain ways. She listens for the key words when she hear her own name!

"Irma Rama, do you read me? I can see you've woken up, do you copy me? This is White from Walt-Swancom, do you read me?"

Terraces -> Sports Park
SW, hoooo.
Theodore and his entourage travel southwest. They leave the heights of the terraces and walk for a while through what had once been a series of football pitches. The goal posts rise out of the scrubland that has grown over the grass. Now and then, the bushes give way to rectangular ponds.

"What's our end goal here, Theodore?" Timmy asks as he hacks away at the bushes so Viktor can push his trolley through. "Where we heading?"

Theodore gains +1 tally for exploration.

Spoiler: City Map (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Moving On Out
« Reply #424 on: July 23, 2019, 05:50:37 pm »

Let the others take the lead here. While I’m waiting, look around the area (not like walking around, just observe my surroundings).
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 23, 2019, 06:51:03 pm »

Free the sheep

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 23, 2019, 06:56:32 pm »

"Regarding this revenge idea... I believe that it was Proverb 10:12 that said 'Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs'. We have no less than three pressing issues to attend to right now. What I mean is if we pick a fight before Tuckswood is secure then our enemies will take the fight back to us before we are ready for them."

Issac looks to the Tractor. "On the other hand, we'll never get a better chance to investigate than right now. So I propose that after we find out who is responsible we should head back and report on our findings. Exibit A: The stolen vehicle. Perhaps our little thief left something behind that they'll regret. And while we're at it we should also retrieve any small objects of value that may still be inside of the tractor before anyone else gets a chance to loot it."

Issac spends some time inspecting the damaged Tractor

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 23, 2019, 07:00:08 pm »

Try to get my feet off the rhino's back and pull on the tangled fence to make the rhino hit the wall badly, ie, off centre, which should cause more damage, both to the wall and the rhino.  Having my feet down should help me control the impact better and hopefully not get any body parts stuck.

"Look, this is just embarassing.  What are you even trying to do?"

(I'm not planning on destroying any buildings, except for constructive purposes.  My choice of big dream is basically going to manifest by going for property damage when doing so will be beneficial.  I don't actually want to raze any buildings in game, they're too valuable in this wasteland where they're mostly impossible to build, but this is the sort of thing that I'd like to get tallies for.. deliberately wrecking a wall by forcing a giant monster to run into it.)

« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 07:05:51 pm by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 24, 2019, 05:04:19 am »

"Wait if you can see what Satellites see, do you know if its like this all over the world, and do you know if there's any police stations between us and the chem plant? Also Were gonna stop here for a second and I'm gonna look for a better weapon than this drawer."
Search the graveyard for a grounds keepers shack and see whats left inside.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 24, 2019, 08:30:49 am »

Spoiler: Irma Rama (click to show/hide)

Whoever this is must have something to do with this mutation, so if they believe I can respond...

Hello? Can you hear me? This is Irma.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 24, 2019, 10:09:43 am »

Posting this one which I missed before:

County Council -> Thorny Industrial Estate
Not much to do here then. Head NW, using the razor leg to cut through excessive foliage. Look for tasty num nums and ask Helen if they look poisonous.
[El Tigre rolled 6+5+2body+1leg=14]
[El Tigre rolled 6+6+0wits=12]
They walk northwest, heading out of the shadow of the county council and over El Tigre cuts a swathe through the thick brambles that clog up the industrial estate. He ably cuts a swathe through thorny bushes, meeting up with the two paths he trampled through before. All directions have safe paths to walk except north now.

While it's not the season yet for the blackberries which will soon grow here in abundance, El Tigre sees the tell-tale red stalks of rhubarb plants, bursting through what was once a grassy verge.

"You can eat the stalks raw," says Helen. "But the leaves are poisonous. I used to enjoy rhubarb crumble, before..."

« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 02:38:09 pm by notquitethere »

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 24, 2019, 11:09:43 am »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

Cut some rhubarb stalks with the razor leg, and also collect some rhubarb leaves in a different pocket, then continue NW

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 25, 2019, 10:46:08 pm »

(Been a while since the last update now...)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 25, 2019, 10:55:37 pm »

(Been a while since the last update now...)
It's been two days. Calm down.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 26, 2019, 10:42:51 am »

(Sorry for delay-- I've had some work I've had to do for a deadline. I can get a bit busy towards the end of the week, whereas Monday-Wednesday I'm often around a lot more. It's not forgotten!)
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44