Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64506 times)

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Day Breaks
« Reply #405 on: July 20, 2019, 12:00:29 pm »

Spoiler: Irma Rama (click to show/hide)

Irma clutches her temple as she hears bits and pieces of a static sounding conversation. She tries to see if there is an earpiece or something in her ear, but no, the sound seems to be coming from inside her head. She looks up when she hears a human sounding voice coming from across the room.
A young, no, slightly older woman who just looks young addresses her. She seems...not exactly scared, but rather slightly shaken. Whatever is going on this woman, who calls herself Tasha, must be in the same boat as her.

"A pleasure Tasha, my name is Irma-" best keep it on a first name basis for now.."I'd offer to shake your hand, but I seem to be having some difficulty letting things go at the moment... Yes, the two of us can stick together, I'm not quite sure what is going on either, but having each other's backs would make things a lot safer." This girl looks smart, she could make a pretty good partner for future endevours. Speaking of which...
"Say, you don't happen to know anything about a pier, do you? Or a map perhaps?"

Look around for a map or a direction towards a pier.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 20, 2019, 12:37:14 pm »

Issac figures that his first order of business should be to eat. Fortunately this is something he thought of in advance. Knowing that the Gooseberries would eventually expire once picked, Issac would spend some time eating what he previously picked.

After that, he would head outside (Locking the door behind him) and see if anything interesting was going on today.

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 20, 2019, 04:49:26 pm »

Spoiler: Irma Rama (click to show/hide)

Irma clutches her temple as she hears bits and pieces of a static sounding conversation. She tries to see if there is an earpiece or something in her ear, but no, the sound seems to be coming from inside her head. She looks up when she hears a human sounding voice coming from across the room.
A young, no, slightly older woman who just looks young addresses her. She seems...not exactly scared, but rather slightly shaken. Whatever is going on this woman, who calls herself Tasha, must be in the same boat as her.

"A pleasure Tasha, my name is Irma-" best keep it on a first name basis for now.."I'd offer to shake your hand, but I seem to be having some difficulty letting things go at the moment... Yes, the two of us can stick together, I'm not quite sure what is going on either, but having each other's backs would make things a lot safer." This girl looks smart, she could make a pretty good partner for future endevours. Speaking of which...
"Say, you don't happen to know anything about a pier, do you? Or a map perhaps?"

Spoiler: Miss Smirnov (click to show/hide)

Tasha wasen't quite sure how to react to the girl, to this dark olive skinned, ring wearing, presumably married younger woman. Perhaps if Tasha wasen't in this kinda situation she might even possibly think about prodding out for more, Tasha afterall haden't found someone yet and...well her father would be overjoyed when she did.

A faint smile coming to life at the thought, strained and a bit weak, blue eye's faintly watering as a breath leaves her and her voice comes through, a proffesional soft tone emanating forth.

"I'll admit cryosleep has...muddled my mind a bit in regards to where we are, but.

I'd say we should go south east if were looking for ocean. Please keep on the lookout..for my father as well. Bespectacled man, white hair, blue eye's wrinkled and short...he's fifty five, you got that Irma?
"

((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 20, 2019, 08:04:01 pm »

"She'll be fine.  These things only look scary.  They seem pretty weak."

Close the door so nothing gets in behind me.

Loot the place properly.  There's some furniture, so should be some dry tinder.  See if I can scrounge up a water bottle, and check for a cushion tank or hot water unit that I can drain some potable water from.  Check around for anything to eat.  Pile up a stepladder or something below the way I got in, because I want to get back in again.  If the doors are lockable, leave via the front and lock them behind me, if not, leave through the roof entrance, and head northwest.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 21, 2019, 03:45:00 am »

"Its not all junk it all can be good for something at some point, now what would it take to get you to not kill me, what if I ether found or made you a gun?"
Eat the food I saved, then search the train car and the surroundings for anything useful.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 22, 2019, 07:07:21 pm »

Academy -> Golf Course
Head SW searching for Hunters
[Sandra rolled 6+3+1wits=10]
Sandra wanders onto a golf course full of rolling hills and sand banks and even a little pond. It sinks into an overflowing river on most sides. The grass is surprisingly short and well kept considering the apocalypse, and she soon sees why: there's a herd of sheep, presided over by a large ram with great curling horns. There are many muddy stretches in the grass, and Sandra sees some deeply unnatural looking footprints: like giant human hands with rectangular nail marks. Could these be from a Hunter? The trail leads north.

Sandra gains +1 tally for exploration.

County Council
"Alright, point me where, and I'll lead the way. But first, can you help me find something in Natrix's shop to help me travel through these forests? I'm a little on the large side, and pushing through bramble is not fun, and a little destructive."

Look for something to aid in traveling, also look for supplies of any kind.
[El Tigre rolled 4+4+0wits+1helen=9]
With Helen's assistance shifting through the tools of the swap shop, El Tigre manages to find a sharp blade with a needle-like point.

"This is the sort of thing Natrix has on his morph's legs," Helen whispers. "He'll get annoyed if you take any of his actual tools, but this looks bent so he won't care if it goes missing."

There's no food or anything of use to flesh-bound humans like himself.

"You must know the city better than me," Helen continues. "Lead on!"

El Tigre gains a bent giant razor leg.

(El Tigre is no longer puffed out or rained upon.)

The Ark
“Yeah. Let’s go.”
The gang say goodbye to Gibson and his chickens. "Watch out for the gators!" he shouts after them as they head up a narrow path between high trees, into the forest to the north. After two miles of riding along the bumpy path, surrounded by trees from the overgrown hedgerows, they start passing the front gardens of forgotten detached houses.

Roughton Road Railway
They arrive at a thickly wooded area, the trees overgrowing a tiny railway station. The faded sign says Roughton Road, below a symbol of two parallel lines and arrows. They pass under the bridge and soon reach a crossing, houses sprawl away in the cul-de-sacs. A sign on the road heading northwest says Amazona Zoo. The main road continues north.

Cass hops off the bike and stretches her legs. "Okay Jeff, you're up on the wheels for the next stretch."

Amoretto gains +1 tally for exploration.

Spoiler: Cromer Map (click to show/hide)

Walt Lab
[Irma rolled 5+2+0wits=7]
Irma scrabbles around looking for a map, directions, anything to help her find the pier. At last she finds a scrap of paper with a note pencilled onto it. The note had fallen under an open pod marked with the name 'Sandeep Singh':

Dear Sandeep, how I wish I could be with you when you wake. But we have run out of food. Dr Davis here works with the lab, he says they have another base in the town of Cromer where there are supplies. It's about twenty-five miles north of here. I don't know how we ended up in Norwich, England, of all places. He says if we get split up we'll recognise the town as it has a long pier. Looking forward to being with you again, Harjinder

As Irma is searching around the pod room and talking to Tasha, the camera in the top corner of the room whirs on, turning towards them both.

Gated Community
Issac figures that his first order of business should be to eat. Fortunately this is something he thought of in advance. Knowing that the Gooseberries would eventually expire once picked, Issac would spend some time eating what he previously picked.

After that, he would head outside (Locking the door behind him) and see if anything interesting was going on today.
[Isaac rooled 5+1+3wits=9]
Isaac has a fresh fruit breakfast. Though they are only berries, he finds himself full after eating them. Thinking on it, he'd hardly eaten anything the last few days and yet he felt fine.

He wanders out into Tuckswood. He finds a work team has been up all night fixing up the hole in the fence. He sees Father Michael out overseeing the work.

"Ah Mr Revero," he says, sadly, "I'm sorry that you came to us at such a trying time. I fear that the killer robots that roam the land here will soon attack. We need weapons or bullets, we need a replacement radio jamming unit, and we need to recover our tractor! If you could find it in your heart to help us with any of this we would be grateful for 1000 years."

Isaac no longer has any gooseberries.
Isaac is no longer hungry.

Bingo Hall
Close the door so nothing gets in behind me.

Loot the place properly.  There's some furniture, so should be some dry tinder.  See if I can scrounge up a water bottle, and check for a cushion tank or hot water unit that I can drain some potable water from.  Check around for anything to eat.  Pile up a stepladder or something below the way I got in, because I want to get back in again.  If the doors are lockable, leave via the front and lock them behind me, if not, leave through the roof entrance, and head northwest.
[Sandeep rolled 1+1+1wits=3]
Sandeep wastes some time looking for water, looking for a bottle, looking for keys, looking for food... but the place is empty. He piles up a pile of tables up to the hole he came in and clambers out. Should be safe and secure to return to.

Outside the hall he can see the great furrow of earth where the cyberrhino had been after he stopped it working. But now, there's nothing there, it's gone without a trace.

Sandeep continues on northwest, leaving his boat on the shore and walking along the riverside.

Chemical Plant
Sandeep walks through a concrete expanse of industrial units. A faded board points the way the Briar Chemicals of Sweet Briar Road. Appropriately enough, breaking through the cracks, along with the ubiquitous buddleia, there are many briars. The chemical plant has great ageing tanker trucks, buildings covered in spiralling pipes and flumes, and a long barbed wire fence around its perimeter with a single security checkpoint. The security booth is long abandoned, but the gate itself was left closed.

The main road leads off into the city northwest. There's a sprawling new forest north, while the river curves around the edge of the industrial area, the road disappearing into the flood plain beyond.

Sandeep gains +1 tally for critical failure.
Sandeep gains +1 tally for exploration.

(If you do want to do more boating, you can treat it like vehicular travel and travel to any river-connected spot, fast-travelling through the connecting river squares, with the normal possibility of encounters stopping you.)

Sidings
"Its not all junk it all can be good for something at some point, now what would it take to get you to not kill me, what if I ether found or made you a gun?"
Eat the food I saved, then search the train car and the surroundings for anything useful.
[Goldstine rolled 6+1+2wits=9]
Goldstine wolfs down the food and eases his hunger. Red Cap considers his offer.

"Guns are in freaking short supply on this backwards island," Red Cap muses. "If you can fix me up with decent arms, that'd be a very good reason to keep you alive..."

The doctor gets to searching the carriages. In the bottom of a food cart, mostly emptied, he finds a few burst cans of lager, long since dried up, but behind them a small cardboard box filled with dozens of sugar sachets. Most were long ruined by the spilt lager, but about quarter of the box is perfectly dry and edible. Burt recovers eight small packets of demerara sugar.

Red Cap begins to get antsy. "Ugh," he groans. "There's nothing to kill here, let's get a move on."

Goldstine no longer has food.
Goldstine is no longer hungry.
Goldstine has sugar sachet x8

Spoiler: City Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 08:14:29 pm by notquitethere »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Morning Routines
« Reply #411 on: July 22, 2019, 07:21:09 pm »

Check around the plant for supplies like last time.  May even be clean water.. lots of chemical processes need very pure water.  And anything else that catches my eye.

Do include tools.  A big plant like this probably has lots of tools about.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 22, 2019, 07:25:51 pm »

Issac responds. "Well, at the very least I'd appreciate having a safe place to stay during the night. I'd probably recommend going after the tractor sooner rather than later.

"I don't like the thought of travelling alone more than I need to though, even less so if I were to be chasing the tracks of a criminal. I'd suggest sending out four able bodied adults for that task. If you have a spare key for the Tractor, I'd recommend bringing that along too as I wouldn't be inclined to count on the thief leaving it in the ignition."

"... Or if you had something else in mind I'm all ears."

websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 22, 2019, 07:33:22 pm »

Spend 5 tallies to improve Weird
Follow the tracks North

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 22, 2019, 08:09:38 pm »

Chemical Plant
Check around the plant for supplies like last time.  May even be clean water.. lots of chemical processes need very pure water.  And anything else that catches my eye.

Do include tools.  A big plant like this probably has lots of tools about.

[Sandeep rolled 2+2+1wits]
Sandeep walks up to the gate. There's definitely lots of great stuff in there, but there's this huge fence in the way. Even the gate is ten foot high and covered in barbed wire. He could easily get into the external security booth, but the electricity that powered the gate is obviously long since absent.

As he's poking around, who does he see come rumbling out of the briars but the cyberrhino. When will this thing quit? It paws the ground, lowers its razor horn, and charges towards Sandeep. Sandeep is up next to the booth, his back to the gate, little space to run to, so the blind spot trick would be hard to pull off again.

Sandeep gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Gated Community
Issac responds. "Well, at the very least I'd appreciate having a safe place to stay during the night. I'd probably recommend going after the tractor sooner rather than later.

"I don't like the thought of travelling alone more than I need to though, even less so if I were to be chasing the tracks of a criminal. I'd suggest sending out four able bodied adults for that task. If you have a spare key for the Tractor, I'd recommend bringing that along too as I wouldn't be inclined to count on the thief leaving it in the ignition."

"... Or if you had something else in mind I'm all ears."

[Isaac rolled 6+2-2empathy+1 lawyer+0church=7]
Isaac puts forward a pretty compelling argument. The grey-faced, dark spectacled man from before is called over.

"Jethro here will go with you," says Father Michael. "You have spare keys for the tractor don't you?"

"That I do Father," Jethro says. His voice is slightly muffled though it's not clear why.

"Jethro is worth two men in my view. But who else to send..."

A girl standing nearby, perhaps 11 years old, with curly red hair and freckles, interjects, "I'll go!"

"No Tassiana," says Father Michael, "You must stay safe within the fence."

"No fair!" the child complains. "I never get to go anywhere!"

She storms off and Father Michael beckons over another man. "This is Zeke," he says. The man looks incredibly old, his wrinkled face strangely rubbery and his gray hair wild and patchy.

"Reet," Zeke says. "Less off then."

That seems to be the signal. Jethro gives Zeke and Isaac both a metal rod with a trigger on one end and two prongs on the other.

"Stick this in a bot, or one of their human agents, pull the trigger and it'll fry them," he says.

The three men walk out of the gate, it closing behind them. "I think the tractor went into the woods that way?" says Jethro, pointing northeast.

Isaac gains a stun rod.

Golf Course
Spend 5 tallies to improve Weird
Follow the tracks North

[Sandra rolled 3+3+2wits=8]
Sandra follows the tracks north. As she walks, she passes the time blowing little bubbles. She get's better at controlling their size and number with each attempt.

Twisty Streets
She finds herself in a maze of twisty passages. Curling roads of tight terrace houses with their overgrown forest gardens, roads clogged with rusting cars, the concrete cracked with tall grasses. There's no more mud trail to follow, but if she strains her ears, Sandra thinks she can just about hear some bleating deeper in the maze of streets.

Far off to the north, a huge housing complex towers up. The river continues behind her and the trees thicken to the northwest.

Sandra gains +1 tally for exploration.

Spoiler: City Map (click to show/hide)

Terraces
Meanwhile, up in the terraces, the cybergorilla stands up and begins to knuckle drag himself out of the flat. He turns to Timmy, Theodore and Viktor as they rouse themselves awake.

"It's been real, broskis," he says, "but my mate's Chupacabra ain't gonna make itself. I'm on 7.5 MHz, hit me up if you spot any of those GML suckers."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 22, 2019, 08:13:11 pm »

"Alright."
Let's ride.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 22, 2019, 08:23:19 pm »

Head towards the bleating, hopefully not getting spotted

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 22, 2019, 08:26:52 pm »

Issac agrees to head north in search of the tractor, starting with the direction that the tractor was last seen going. "A tractor is a heavy piece of machinery. Wherever it went, its going to leave behind a trail in the soft dirt and its wheels are more than heavy enough to crush the plantlife it drives over. Got any idea about how much fuel would have been in the thing when it was last used? On a related note, we should probably bring a can of fuel as well as I'm not inclined to push the thing all the way back if the thing is running on empty."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Everything is gone to the dogs...
« Reply #418 on: July 22, 2019, 08:46:40 pm »

"I'll keep that in mind." Theodore responds as the gorilla leaves before turning back to his group.

"I suppose it's time for us to continue on this great adventure as well. It looks greener over that way. Soutwestwards, ho!"

SW, hoooo.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 22, 2019, 09:06:32 pm »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

Not much to do here then. Head NW, using the razor leg to cut through excessive foliage. Look for tasty num nums and ask Helen if they look poisonous.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44